This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative Vote Referendum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Poll Question: Will you Vote for the alternative voting system?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [42.31%]
9 [34.62%]
1 [3.85%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [19.23%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by reider reider wrote:

I`m just so glad the Lib Dems got 2 bloody noses one after each other, nobody deserves it more. 
Steve

Thanks Steve, Asit happens its a lot more complicated than that, A lot of lib dems were a bit peed off with the tuition fee fiasco but at local level we generally do really well. We lost a lot of well respected and hard working councillors this time and I can assure you no-one was more shocked at that than their Conservative counterparts. I spent most of the day at our local count and can asssure you that in spite of wearing different coloured rosettes we all get on well as working colleauges be they Lib Dem, Tory, Labour , Ukip etc. Yes well cheered our own parites but there was no gloating or micky taking. this was a big and unexpected result and obviously there is now a lot of work and rethinking to do. what looks quite simple to the average joe public is far from it when you get into the deeper workings of local politics. Dont dismiss us just yet. We will return!!oh how I laughed
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by dodgy-alan dodgy-alan wrote:

We will return!!oh%20how%20I%20laughed

The Liberal (Democrats) have been saying that since Mr Lloyd George screwed you overWink

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

After (me personally) counting 7,114,000 votes (yes seven thousand, one hundred and fourteen votes)

That looks suspiciously like seven million, one hundred and fourteen thousand to me!
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:04pm
Thats 7 Million Eddie . . . .

I voted yes to AV. . . pretty gutted about the result, but what can you do!
Generic forum signature
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:26pm
Well, this is awkward.. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:31pm
If I were a losing candidate in the district where you were working and read this thread, I'd have to demand a recount.  Big%20smile
John Allard
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:10pm
Shows that most Tory voters really can't differentiate between Lib Dem policy, and the Lib Dems being used as scape-goats for Tory policy/bullying.

Sure, there had to be a compromise on some areaas of policy, but you'll note that it is very hard to see where the Tories conceded anything. They argued that letting the Lib Dems have a referendum at all on AV was conceding something, but the bigger hit was to the Lib Dems - they wanted a referendum on PR but the Tories would never allow it.

When you look at it closely, the Tories never compromised on anything. Whilst the Tories are quick to say that the Lib Dems "lied" about tuition fees now students face £9000/year, WHAT IS NOT BEING SAID IS THE TORIES SUPPORT FEES OF £9000/YEAR!!!!

People are just too blind and/or stupid to see what is really going on with the Tories. They are a bunch of two-faced bar stewards.

To think these are the same bunch that desperately want to re-instate fox hunting as a legal sport!!! They are mindless idiots that care about nothing except themselves.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:28am
People are just too blind and/or stupid to see what is really going on with the Tories. They are a bunch of two-faced bar stewards.

Thumbs%20Up

To think these are the same bunch that desperately want to re-instate fox hunting as a legal sport!!! They are mindless idiots that care about nothing except themselves.

I love you Pointy... marry me.

Heart

The AV referendum was a farce. It suddenly appeared, the general public unprepared, ill informed, and coincided with an election. Couple that with a useless yes campaign and a vociferous no campaign, and I almost feel like joining Pointy, as fellow conspiracy theory advocate. Wink
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

To think these are the same bunch that desperately want to re-instate fox hunting as a legal sport!!!
What's so wrong with fox hunting, if the dogs don't finish the foxes and are shot instead?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:29pm
You are joking surely?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:40pm
Why not bring back dog fighting whilst we are at it. All jolly entertaining sports.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Marmite Marmite wrote:

What's so wrong with fox hunting, if the dogs don't finish the foxes and are shot instead?

Don't even go there...
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 3:35pm
I'm not joking no, and this topic shouldn't go "there", just pointing out that not everyone agrees on everything
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:21pm
So you think it is perfectly acceptable to allow dogs to rip another living creature apart and for it to endure great pain and suffering?

Let me spin this around - how would you feel if I let a few dogs loose on you, for fun?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:31pm
Marmite... back away slowly, and hopefully no one will notice, and you'll escape in one piece... Unlike the fox.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:34pm

...and so the planets came into alignment and the three agreed on a common evil. Pity those that stood before them...

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:39pm

4 Magic. Smile

Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:58pm
yeah but I don't usually disagree with RAS as much as Vulcan... he can be the fourth if he wishes. Anyone got a horse...?
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:40pm

So you think it is perfectly acceptable to allow dogs to rip another living creature apart and for it to endure great pain and suffering?

Let me spin this around - how would you feel if I let a few dogs loose on you, for fun?

I'm sure you're aware of other sports and human activities that are just as cruel!

Let me spin this around - how would you feel if I let a few foxes loose on you, for fun?
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Marmite Marmite wrote:

I'm sure you're aware of other sports and human activities that are just as cruel!

Let me spin this around - how would you feel if I let a few foxes loose on you, for fun?
Yep, plenty of cruelty to animals out there, hare coursing, badger baiting, bull fighting etc. etc. Doesn't make fox hunting with dogs any less cruel.
Foxes would not instinctively rip a human apart, nor are they specifically bred to do so...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic