This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative Vote Referendum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Poll Question: Will you Vote for the alternative voting system?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [42.31%]
9 [34.62%]
1 [3.85%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [19.23%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:05am

The polls are closed. I voted YES to AV.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:09am
You're not suppose to tell.  I won't come true then.   OR, maybe that's just birthday wishes.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:10am
I voted no to AV a little over a week ago I think.  First and certainly not the last time I will use the postal vote.   But still had to suffer the PA systems from the vans going round. Unhappy  Thankfully I went to town instead for a little peace, but now I`ll be in agony for half a week as usual.

Steve
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:32am
I voted yes, because I always agree with Vulcan.

I think it will be a close one lads. Who knows which way it will go. Counting starts this afternoon I believe.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:04pm
I voted no, because I usually disagree with Vulcan...
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:29pm
Well, I deliberately and obviously reversed the truth, so I suspect Magic Man, did too, which means he always agrees with Vulcan. Shocked

My devious reverse psychology ploy seems to have revealed Magic Man's innermost thoughts.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:03pm
Whether I say how I voted or not, will not change the fact that it is very likely that NO won, however given that the SNP has just had a landslide election and are looking very likely to have a majority for the first time. Votes are still being counted, but it is looking good.

Given that, maybe a surprise awaits in the AV referendum. Counting starts at 1600.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Transport Steve View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transport Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:40pm
Anyone heard from dodgy Alan, or, is he still in the pub celebrating, or, commiserating.....

Cheerz.  Transport Steve.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:04pm
Commiserating I'd guess.

They say Lib Dems took the hit over cuts, yet it was Tory policy and the Tories that MADE the cuts!!!!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Well, I deliberately and obviously reversed the truth, so I suspect Magic Man, did too, which means he always agrees with Vulcan. Shocked

My devious reverse psychology ploy seems to have revealed Magic Man's innermost thoughts.
Unless of course I knew exactly this and did the opposite...
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:53pm
Hi Guys, I,m Back !!Wink
the votes are in, at least i didnt come last.
For the town council vote I got 356 Votes, the winner 490
For the District vote I got 220, the winner got 1,228, However considering I was simply a so called "paper candidate" (just on the sheet to make up the numbers in other words!) and nobody in that ward had a clue who I was, It wasnt too bad. The BNP guy only got about 80!
Both the winning candiates were, as expected, Conservatives.
The district rejected the AV referendum with a 75% overall majority.
All in all it was an interesting experience, good preperation for when I win in 4 years time at the next one!!oh how I laughed
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

Commiserating I'd guess.

They say Lib Dems took the hit over cuts, yet it was Tory policy and the Tories that MADE the cuts!!!!

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Nah - more like the u-turn on tuition fees. That's the problem with making promises when you think you won't get in, then getting in on a coalition.

And big up the No vote!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

LibDems taking the blame for Tory policy which was forced due to 13 years of financial incompetence by nuLabour and it two twits in charge...

...who'd 'ave thunk it?!
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:21pm
Great news all round!
    The UK overwhelmingly rejects changing the system for electing MPs - by a predicted margin of 69% to 31% (Too great even for AV to mess up!)

The Lib Dems have had their worst local election result since the party was formed, losing control of several key councils in England

The SNP have won an overall majority in Scotland

The Conservatives have held their ground in England

Cheers
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:23pm
With exception to the CONS, Lib Dem result and the AV result, I agree!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:25pm
Fair do's Vulcan, I'm not gloating just celebrating.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:29pm
* Insert partying emoticon here *

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:32pm
Only in Britian SIGHS

Flightboy
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:12am
I`m just so glad the Lib Dems got 2 bloody noses one after each other, nobody deserves it more.  Just a shame the Tories didn`t get one too but no doubt that time will come.   I said all along the dedicated Labour and Tory supporters would vote for their own, whilst people who may have once thought about voting Lib dem would go Labour instead.

Can`t wait, though its a while off, for the general election.....bye bye Lib Dems and hopefully bye bye Tories.  People may think twice about voting Lib Dem again and they pretty much sealed their own fate.  Perhaps thats why they so much wanted the AV, it was their only chance of getting back in if the ones voted near to last ended up getting 50% of the vote by canceling the others out.  

Can you people not see the Tories make the cuts knowing you`ll get the blame because you helped them in.  All that matters to the Tories is not people but figures on paper.

Steve
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:40am
After (me personally) counting 7,114,000 votes (yes seven thousand, one hundred and fourteen votes) it was clear to see that the (Stratford)  district overwhelmingly voted no to AV. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic