This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand New Aiport - what to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand New Aiport - what to do?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 4:07pm
A new airport - FALE (Durban, S. Africa) has recently opened. It is also available for FSX and I have installed it. My Traffic X AI do not know of it's exisitence yet, so it is completely void of activity. How can I fill this new airport aith AI traffic? FALE does not show up in the airport database which is I guess my starting point?
GregH
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:25am
After installing new scenery, especially if it is an airport or has airports in it, you should open the Traffic X Control Centre (TCC) and use the "Airport Information" screen and click the "Update" button on that screen to update Traffic X's databases with the new airport details.

If Traffic X already had this airport in its database from before and therefore has existing flight plans for it, then you may only need to do a simple recompile of the AI traffic database to get planes to appear at the newly updated airport.  If that is not the case, then you will need to use the Traffic Control Centre (TCC) to create flight plans for planes to fly to and from this airport.  After you create the flight plans, you will need to recompile the AI traffic so that the planes appear.

To recompile the AI traffic, open the Traffic Control Centre and click on "Traffic Movements".  Click on the "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans" button, select the "TrafficX.bgl" file and click "Save". If it asks you whether you wish to overwrite the existing file, choose "Yes".  Wait for the whole process to finish, including the black DOS screen at the end which will disappear by itself once the compile process is fully completed.  Now run FSX to see if the planes are at the airport.
GregH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 4:50pm
Hi Freddy,

I tried this but no joy. I selected Update from the Airport Information screen and the update takes place however Traffic X still fails to recognise the new airport after this procedure. The airport code does not appear in the airport list.

Any other ideas?
GregH
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:37am
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you MUST run Traffic Control Centre (TCC) using the "Run as Administrator" option.  To do this, right-click on the program or the shortcut and then choose the option from the sub-menu which appears.

When running TCC using the "Run as Administrator" option, try the steps mentioned in my earlier post again.  That is, go to the "Airport Information" screen and click the "Update" button on that screen to update Traffic X's databases with the new airport details.

Of course, if you are not using Windows Vista or Windows 7, then the above does not apply.

Now, after clicking the UPDATE button in TCC, you MAY need to CLOSE and then RE-RUN the TCC again. I have found that on some occasions, even though you do everything correctly, changes that are made in TCC don't always appear in TCC until you close and then re-run the program.  And, sometimes, it might not even work after the first re-run, so you just do the changes again (in your case, click UPDATE again) and then close and re-run TCC yet again.

If this still doesn't work, then I do have another suggestion.  X_Man wrote a thread a while back entitled "Adding 3rd party Airports in FSX".  That thread deals with getting the airports to appear in FSX ... but it also covers making the airports appear in Traffic X (using the UPDATE button).  Perhaps the step-by-step guide in X_Man's post may be of some benefit and allow you to double-check your thought processes.  It may even highlight a step or process which you haven't done or haven't thought of.  It could be helpful.  Click here to go to that thread: Adding 3rd party Airports in FSX.

That's all I can think of.  Other than that, sorry, it really should just work by clicking the UPDATE button.

Perhaps you should send a support request to Just Flight Support.  You can send Just Flight a message by going here: Support Request. Make sure you choose the correct product (Traffic X) at the top of that Support Request page before you send your message.
GregH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:06am
Thanks Freddy. I do have Win 7 and tried as you suggested. Still no luck with the Update button. Traffic X does do the update - progress bar at the bottom of the screen, but the airport does not appear, even after several attempts.

The link from X_Man looks promising - I will take a closer look at that and failing that, make a support request.

Thanks!
GregH
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 11:58am
Good luck.  I hope you get it worked out.  Smile
supera380 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supera380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:57am
Hi,

I know this reply is late but this may still be of some help...

I was busy re-instaling TrafficX of my new FSX rig and came across this info in the manual. For a new airport not registered in FSX before, like you describe, I read that you need to use the "import" function rather than the "update" function.

Regards
Mark
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 10:46am
IMPORT as opposed to UPDATE.  Yes, a good point.  Well picked up.
GregH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 5:32pm
Many thanks yes, I got sorted going this route.
GregH
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 10:58am
I'm in the same position.  The new Intl Airport in Bangkok is Suvarnabumi (VTBS).  I want to transfer all international traffic there and keep the domestic flights in the old airport.  Is there a quick way to do so?  Or is it manually going into all airlines and change the airport? :(
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 3:18am
There is no quick way.  You'll have to manually go in to all the airlines and respective flight plans to change the airport.  Remember to recompile the AI traffic .BGL after doing the flight plan changes (see this link if you're unfamiliar with this procedure: How do I re-compile the traffic database?).
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by jomni jomni wrote:

I'm in the same position.  The new Intl Airport in Bangkok is Suvarnabumi (VTBS).  I want to transfer all international traffic there and keep the domestic flights in the old airport.  Is there a quick way to do so?  Or is it manually going into all airlines and change the airport?

Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

There is no quick way.  You'll have to manually go in to all the airlines and respective flight plans to change the airport.  Remember to recompile the AI traffic .BGL after doing the flight plan changes...

Before manually going into the flight plans of each airline that flies into the old airport, you'll need a listing of all aircraft that fly into the old airport so that you can identify which airlines fly into the airport. Fortunately, the freeware AI Flight Planner has a function to "Identify Aircraft that Visit Selected Airport." Double-clicking on this function, which is found on the "Files" menu, will bring up a "Select Airport" menu. After browsing to the airport that you want, double-click on the airport. You will then need to provide the path to your traffic bgl file, which should be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery. After providing the path, check the box next to the traffic bgl file to select it (or check the box next to each applicable traffic bgl file if you compile to multiple bgl files). Then click on the "Scan Files" button. This will provide a list of all aircraft that fly into the airport you specified. You can highlight the entire list, and copy it to a text editor for saving. Optionally, you can print the list directly from AI Flight Planner.

AI Flight Planner is available from Stuff 4FS at AI Flight Planner, where you'll find a link to download the latest version.

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic