This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Computer cant handle KLAX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Computer cant handle KLAX
    Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:48am
Hello every one well slowly I am working out Traffic X, last night I was playing aorund with it and thought I would take a look at Los Angeles International (KLAX) when I started on the active runway the game and my computer had a fit and froze on me I had to reboot twice, and here is the silly question what could have caused this as it didnt happen in Melbourne or Hobart? I had my settings up very hi. Also I know to press Ctrl + J to move the jetway and Ctrl F for the Fuel Truck and Shirft P for the push back, but what do you press to see  the Baggage cars, and to open up the door to an AE 727F ?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 10:08am
KLAX (Los Angeles International) is one of the largest airports in the world in terms of size (area) and is also one of the busiest in terms of passenger movements per annum.  Now, compare that to Melbourne (small by comparison) or Hobart (even smaller than Melbourne).  The simulator has to do a lot more work to show you KLAX and draw all the buildings, taxiways, runways, trucks, jetways, and all those planes ... not to mention handling the AI traffic that is in the air flying around, taking off, landing, taxiing, etc.  In other words, the simulator has to do an enormous amount of work to show you KLAX, compared to the (much easier) work it has to do to show you Melbourne or Hobart.  The bigger the airport and the more traffic that it has, the harder it is for the simulator to show it.

Now factor in the computer CPU, amount of RAM, graphics card, etc ... a computer at the lower end of the scale will find it much harder to show KLAX.  While a computer at the high-end of the scale will find it far easier.

You probably answered your own question when you said "I had my settings up very high".  If your computer struggles to handle some things in the simulator (for example, it struggled to handle KLAX) then you may need to turn down some of your FSX settings as previously suggested in another thread.

==============

At the airport, you will see baggage cars waiting patiently next to the push-back trucks in front of the planes.  There may not be a baggage car for every plane, but you will see them in front of most planes.

If a baggage car is in front of your plane, press "Shift+E", let go, and then immediately press "2".  This will open the baggage doors on your plane (if the model supports this).  Just pressing "Shift+E" on its own will open door 1 (which will be the main entrance door).  "Shift+E" and then "2" will open door 2 (which will be the baggage doors).  When the baggage doors are open, the baggage car will start up and will move to the baggage door to load the baggage. Press "Shift+E" "2" a second time to close the baggage doors.

Notes:
1) Make sure you have "Advanced Animations" ticked on in the FSX settings.
and
2) The baggage cars will only work if your plane is parked correctly at or over the parking line on the tarmac.  Usually the plane needs to be half way over the "T" at the end of the line (so the very middle of the fuselage is parked over the top of the "T").  But, sometimes it works if the nose-wheel is parked right on the "T".  If you open the baggage doors but the baggage car does not move, it means the plane is not parked exactly where the sim wants it to be.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:48am
Freddy once again a big thank you my friend, I am going to goet my pc worked on by a good IT mate of mine he said he will put a bigger graphics card in and I think a bigger hard drive to I think that could be the problem is that my PC is not powerful enough to drive the game propley. In the mean time I am going to load back FS9 and Traffic 2005 and use that untill I can get FSX and traffic X realy propley. If i load FS9 and traffix 2005 in without uninstaling FSX and Traffic X will that affect either game? Once again thanks for you help my friend.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 11:09pm
Ah.  Good idea.  These will certainly help.  I would also suggest getting some more RAM.

However, for FSX, it is really all about the CPU.  FSX relies heavily on the CPU.  This is because FSX is still based on code written all the way back to the early days of its inception.  FSX is just an accumulation of changes and improvements made on top of each previous version in the chain.  And, back in the early days, programs were written to work heavily with the CPU.  So, for FSX, it is all about the CPU.

In other words, you will really see the most improvement from FSX if you upgrade your CPU.  A better video card, faster hard drive, and even more RAM will all definately help.  But for the BEST improvement to FSX, you should upgrade your CPU.

==============

If you load FS9 and Traffic 2005 without uninstaling FSX and Traffic X, no, I doubt it will cause you any problems.

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 4:29am
Hi Freddy after playing around with the game so much I finaly got rid of the fake airlines and I am starting to enjoy FSX10 and Traffic X now i still cant use the FSX sim at the major US airports and would supect at some European airports but I got FS9 for them. Still cant work the baggage cars yet they dont seem to work when I press Shift E but for what I ahve got its good. Thanks for you help over the last month with this I am glad I didnt give up on it.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 6:23am
I am glad you didn't give up on it either.

Traffic X does put quite a lot of planes in to the air and on to the ground in the USA and Europe.  For the record, I'm not so bad in the USA, but my PC can and does struggle in Europe.  When flying in Europe, I always turn the traffic settings down in FSX for airliners and GA to a lower percentage to allow me to get good frame rates.  I do have to sacrifice aircraft numbers for the sake of better simulation speed and smoothness.  It's just what one has to do.  Heathrow is a perfect example of this and can really bring my computer to a crawl unless I don't turn down the FSX traffic settings.  And, depending on circumstances, I sometimes need to also turn down other FSX settings as well.

As for the baggage cars, make sure ADVANCED ANIMATIONS is ticked in your FSX settings.  Also make sure it is the baggage doors which are opening on the plane when you press the key combination, and NOT the main passenger entrance doors.  The baggage doors are "Shift-E+2" (as in "Shift-E" and then "2") ... pressing just "Shift-E" by itself opens the main passenger entrance doors.

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:35am
Hi Freddy I have looked on my setting i dont know if I am blind but where is the advanced Animations because I can not find it and I have gone through all my settings.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 11:06am
Here:

Options - Settings - Display ... Graphics tab.

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:27am
Hi Freddy yeah I have found my game shuts down trying to get into Heathrow or Paris CDG so once I get into Dubai if I am doing the Qantas flight I switch to FS9 from Dubai to London, some European airports the game struggles but I can get into them. Lucky I still have FS9 but after having FSX, FS9 is no where as good as FSX.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic