This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747F Lite ILS and glide slope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captsolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747F Lite ILS and glide slope
    Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 9:56am
Before going to tech support I wondrered if anyone has had this problem. When completeing an ILS approach to Frankfurt everything goes fine, the aircraft captures the glide slope and after switching to Apr the aircraft begins its descent as normal. Around 2500 ft the glide slope annunciator sounds and the aircraft banks to the right. CDU settings were 'norma' Nav 1 set and APR set once glide slope captured.
Oche View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:42pm

In that aspect something weird happens to me but nothing serious, i'm not sure if it has even something to do with the addon, because i've seen similar descent bevaviour when using ILS approach system with other aircraft. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but whenever i'm an ILS approach, and glideslope is captured at some point in the descent, the annunciator starts calling out: Glideslope! Glideslope!, i'm not sure if AUTOLAND is possible with the equipment of these 747s, however some questions come to my mind: is the stabilizer trim properly adjusted?  is my 747 ILS approach system too primitive for the ILS signals tuned on the plane's NAV 1? 

What i have settled for and has worked very fine so far is just using the ILS approach system to capture the localizer in order to align the plane with the runway an do a manual descent using visual and Flight Director references.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic