This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amphibious beast of burden?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splenguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amphibious beast of burden?
    Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:27pm
Hey gang, I was excited to open a new base at Bella Bella with an Aerosoft Twin Otter configured with floats, but all the jobs that Air Hauler is generating for the base inexplicably either start at a water runway and end on land, or vice versa.  Here are a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to force AH to generate water->water jobs?
2) Assuming no, what is a good freeware/payware amphibian for AH use?

A couple I looked at are Aerosoft's DHC-2 Beaver and the default Grumman Goose, but I'm guessing neither can haul much cargo - the Goose is listed in AH with a capacity of 237lbs.  I'm looking for something that can handle at least 2000lbs.

Thanks in advance-
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:51pm
1) no

2) dunno, aside from what you've already mentioned.

Remember - the listed cargo capacity is WITH FULL FUEL. Take less fuel = more cargo - you don't have to fly with full tanks. (but AI pilots do).
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 9:07pm
Cessna Caravan Amphibian? Not sure if there's an FSX version, but the FS9 default carries 1900lbs.
If you had two water runway airports as base, you could probably make more water->water jobs, but at the price of less rep/money, and same old scenery.
Unless you got all the water runways as bases, and set base->base slider to the max... could be doable if you wanted!
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Imho Idrk so nvm.

Geordie12 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 1:12pm
  Have a look at the Dornier Seastar from Premiercraft.It looks a little quirky but is fun to fly.Cargo capicty 4590 lb.
itifonhom View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itifonhom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 1:21pm
     The Aerosoft Catalina is the finest that I can think of and you have to really fly her! And the sound, oh my God that sound!!!
Not just an Air Crash!!!

NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 8:33pm
How could I not remember! I think JF has a G44 Widgeon... I do believe it has capacity between 1500-4000 ish. Not sure on the exact figure, but I'm sure at least one person here can verify
Like taht Dornier it's a little wierd (a boat with a prop, wheels, and a wing bolted to it).
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Imho Idrk so nvm.

splenguin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splenguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 4:48am
All right, options!  Thanks all, I'm pretty new to this flyin' stuff, so I appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic