This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

iPod Touch thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iPod Touch thoughts
    Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:34pm
The new one - any thoughts on it lads? I was thinking of getting one. No "just get the iPhone" please!

Cheers,
Chris
Generic forum signature
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:48pm
I like. Big%20smile

We got my Sister one for Christmas. She wanted a Nano, but I pushed for the touch.

Its display is stunning, nice and snappy as well (compared to my 2G).

I use a 2nd Generation iTouch, its feeling a bit dated. Especially now Apple have dropped it.

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 11:41pm
They're great. I have about 3 of them scattered around the place. The kids love them!

Get it just for the apps/games alone!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 12:25am
Ashley had one for Christmas, can't separate him from it now...
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 2:36am
Hi,

Got one here (8Gb) - great unit!

I refused to buy the iPhone. Double the cost for a phone? No thanks.

Wifi is good (not as good as I had hoped; only just works around the house whereas I can take my NetBook down the road and still use it). It has Bluetooth, and calls etc. are great if you use a headset (I use VoIP and Skype on it and it is fine, though Skype is buggy and crashes sometimes, especially when it gets busy and loads the processor).

If you don't need the phone part, don't get the iPhone, unless you really want the GPS and the flux-gate compass in the package as well.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 12:14pm
excellent replies guys, thanks very much. Ill let you know if I get one
Generic forum signature
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 7:38pm
Hey gents, just thought I'd let you know I got one. Excellent bit of kit, all I can say really!
Generic forum signature
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:07pm
Good times (they're even better with phone functionality attached! )
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 8:54am
My better half nicknames my iPod Touch 'The Mistress', which probably sums up just how often I use it! Probably the best gadget that I've ever purchased.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 1:14pm
I have the first gen I think with no microphone, though that can be worked around.  I showed it to my son and he bought his GF one, then later got one himself he was so impressed.  Its one of the best gadgets I ever bought.  I had mine a long time and vowed not to modify it but eventually I did with a simple program on a website.  Now I run Google earth and god knows what on it.

Just for fun look out for the Zippo lighter.  Flick the wheel and the lid opens.  The flame ignites and moves depending on what direction you turn the itouch.  Its supposed to move when you blow into the microphone too. Not tested that here but sounds so cool!  I`d probably update if I could get a good price on this one but not very likely.  I`d certainly get another if anything happened to this one though, no doubts.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic