This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI Traffic
    Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 2:16pm
I'm hoping to see aircraft such as Piper J-3 Cubs parked by the runways of the smaller airfields. I also look forward to having real-world airlines in single player. NOTE: I decided to wait for Traffic X and get that as a traffic addon.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2008 at 3:22pm
I like to have helicopters and TnG traffic in where it does not impinge on other airport users.  Now I do not want TnG that purports to land and makes an effort to then changes its mind at the last minute, goes around and repeats.  Also getting in the way of other aircraft and getting permission granted above all others.  I like Helicopters but FSX allows them to zig zag and this takes longer to land at a given airport.  So the idea really has to be little and often, not in large numbers or manually program your own. 

One thing I have noticed and not mentioned so far is the lack of Ultra Lights as GA at certain airports.  I use Traffic2005 and my favourite home airfield of EGCB Barton has no traffic whatsoever.  So first off I manually added traffic to it by taking some from elsewhere and diverting it.  Bread from rocks and wine from water has nothing on me Wink  Next I added a few choppers and then some Ultra Lights.  I made new airfields at Scarborough (eddsfield) and Skegness (Billy Butlins Airfield at Ingoldmells-even added amusement rides on the beach), then repeated the experiment there.

The world is your oyster, use a package or do things manually-it makes no difference.  Copy the traffic.bgl to a safe place.  Decompile the working one and add an airport to the airport data file.  Change the flightplans to suit.  That gives new airports.  Change the aircraft data file to add new aircraft and change the flightplans to suit.  Recompile and then use bglfpfsxconvert to convert from an FS9 type traffic.bgl file to an FSX type to maintain the use of ships and ferries.  Do all this with TTools on the desktop and just float the new Traffic.bgl into the correct place-reverting to the old one if you mess up.

Guess I`ll have to learn some new skills when TrafficX comes out, but the old skills never die!  Just add some more bad habits Wink

Reider

nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 12:09pm

AI Traffic will have an impact upon FPS from any source however since I don’t have traffic and I look after all my AI manually I cant say which of those 2 specifically would have a lesser impact upon your FPS. Another factor to consider is your PC - the newer and more powerful your PC is the more able it will probably be to cope with AI. MY manual AI configuration has quite a big impact upon FPS especially at major airports like LHR! I typically get between 28 to a minimum of around 10 or sometimes 8 FPS at LHR (my FPS are capped at 28).

May not be any helicopters or TnG's at WoAI but both are possible if you maintain your AI manually however it does take a bit of learning if you are not familiar with it. If you prefer using an installer to do all the work for you the WoAI and Traffic is probably best for you but if you want to learn how to install and maintain AI then learning how to do it manually might be a nice new challenge you want to have a go at!

There are many sources out there where you can get freeware AI aircraft and helicopter models as well as flights plans to build the packages and install them yourself, just need to know where to look. A good starting point is avsim or flightsim as many of the files can be found hear. Another good file that would be a must if you are thinking about installing AI traffic yourself would be ttools which can be downloaded form avsim. It also has a great user manual which explains how to use the programme and everything you need to get started with manual AI.

Anyway whatever you choose happy simming!

Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
AI Happyness View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Happyness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 11:21am
Originally posted by nickb84 nickb84 wrote:

Glad you have found the world of AI to be useful to you with your AI in the interim!

Yes its amazing, only really found it a few weeks back. Do you know which has the best frame rates ? The models do look really nice at World of Ai, but   are the frame rates worse than Traffic X ? There are no helicopters in World of Ai, so I need Traffic X for that. Nice to see helo's buzzing around airports both small and large. Hope there are more helos included in Traffic X. Also the TNG's in traffic 05/X are an added bonus as you cannot get flight plans like that elsewhere. Clap
HERESEY
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 10:18am
Glad you have found the world of AI to be useful to you with your AI in the interim!
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Happyness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:15pm
I noticed it comes with its own self installer. Select the airlines you want or all 500+ airlines click and the installer does it all for you.Thumbs%20Up. Aerolinas Argentinas just added. Woo hoo.
HERESEY
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Happyness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 1:35pm
Hi All,

I like many others eargerly await the arrival of traffic X. However I am happy to wait for a nice shiny polished product if it takes a wee while longer. So lets not hassle the guys they are doing a great job.

For those of you who want to have a dabble with some alternative freeware AI traffic in the meantime You can visit www.world-of-ai.com These guys run there own AI project where you can download up to 400 airlines, with high quality models and install them all or just the ones you want. Star These guys add  about 4 new airlines a week so it becomes collectable. They have masses of military AI plus also executive jet packages. I think its great personally and of course its free ware.

It will never be as good as traffic X as this comes directly out of a box and JF package installs the whole lot in one go.

I would be interested to hear of others opinions on how World of Ai rates compared to Just Flight traffic, or perhaps the user should try a combination of both. Smile

Heresey
HERESEY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic