This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Service Pack - Released!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service Pack - Released!
    Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 3:34pm

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=255#Update448

Service Pack version 1.0 for DC3 - Legends of Flight.

This update can be used by users of the DVD and Download versions of the DC-3, and also updates the DC-3 Expansion Pack (if applicable).

• The airspeed indicator now displays in knots rather than MPH
  • The radio altimeter has been modified to more realistically reflect the real unit (within FS limitations)
  • A marker beacon light gauge (OMI) has been included to assist with low visibility ILS landings
  • AH have reshaped the tail-cone following customer feedback
  • A new radio compass has been included
  • Capital Airlines livery issue fixed
  • New sound-set from Sonic Solutions
  • Engine feather text fixed
  • Cylinder head temperature gauge fixed
  • Sperry autopilot redesigned to improve ease of use
  • Engine primer switches can now be operated independently
  • Cowl flap controls removed from Wright engine variants
  • ‘Trim-control’ viewpoint fixed
  • DX-10 textures issues with DC-3 Cargo and DC-3 P&W variants have been fixed

This update includes the previously available sound pack.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
flaviossa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaviossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 6:05pm
Thanks for the sp1! But i think it´s broken ...
Look at this:

Translation of the message is: "The system cannot find the specified file".
I installed the sp1 3 times (the 2 last ones over FRESH dc3 installs) and the error allways appears. Explaining what i saw:
The folder JF_Douglas_DC3_PWcone is only activated as a FLYABLE AIRCRAFT with the expansion. There´s when the aircraft.cfg is created. And the "sound" folder is created too.
So the steps that i´m installing is DC3 -> EXPANSION -> SP1 Is this correct?

Before the beggining of the sp1 install in the folder in the screen above there is only one file: "sound.cfg". When the sp1 installations begins manyu files are  created in tyhis folder with the .rra final. In the middle of the sp1 instalation the error above pops up, and the sound folder becomes empty wthout any file, even the sound.cfg that was there in the begining of the sp1 instalation.

So, something is wrong with the sp1 OR the installation sequence should be DC3 -> SP1 -> EXPANSION? I think not, because in the sp1 documentation there is a reference that it can handle the expansion too.

So, i really think something is wrong with the sp1. Please, look over it. I´ll wait for jf answer on this.

Thanks!!!

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 6:25pm
Hi,

We will look into it (tomorrow now).

Thanks
yann975 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yann975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 10:05pm
I,
I have same problem and when I want to use plane after this I can't see DC-3, C-47 in my FSX.
But planes are in my simobjet airplanes?
flaviossa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaviossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 1:24am
yann975,
I suggest that you uninstall the dc3 and do a complete and fresh new install. Then download again the SP1. The last version works perfectly.
TigerBlaze View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerBlaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 11:22pm
The airspeed was standard in MPH until 1974 its wrong now.
-TigerBlaze
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic