This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A318/19/20 MCDU Crash Fix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ninelives View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninelives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A318/19/20 MCDU Crash Fix
    Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:14pm
I know this is old but I just bought the A320 and got the same CTD issues but after banging my head on the table a few times I saw this topic so installed both patches and they work fine and the FSX flight plans work no problem.      (If you get a Windows message saying it may not have installed correctly follow the prompt to install using recommended settings).

I am now enjoying the plane which is a great alternative to the AirbusX when I just was a quick flight.  
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 8:42am
I got fed up with the Flite A320 because of these problems. May reload again.
johnep
mfife View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 4:15am
I don't use the MCDU much, except for it to tell me what speed to pull my stick back, what speed to land, and to verify which autopilot functions are active. I appreciate other poeple may like to get more out of it and are frustrated that they're not getting what they paid for.  However that doesn't necesarily mean the plane is unflyable.

bailout3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailout3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 11:23pm
Actually I have to retract my statement...I have been able to load an FSX f/p for the A319...it's just a matter seeing which works like loading the FSX plan first then loading the MCDU plan. You might find that it has kicked out the IFR plan in FS again but I then reload it in FSX & it seems to work. In any case for the $$ I believe it is a good piece of software, especially the sound & handling of the a/c...very nice
bailout3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailout3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 4:31am
I just purchased FLite 319 & like everyone else the MCDU is incompatible with FSX flight plans. The rest of the program is money worth spent but I don't understand why bother with a MCDU that won't hook up with FSX. Is there going to be a remedy for that?
   I see one person says he can do it but does not give any explanation so lets have it
bailout3 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailout3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 4:27am
and how are you able to do that when no one else can...want to let us in on it?
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 4:04am
I can load FSX flight plans with no problem.
gem-man View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gem-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:41pm
Seems to work OK for mewith A320. I can at least load and run the tutorial now without CTD. Have not tried to run any of my other plans yet but they do appear in the MCDU list so should load OK. Will report again when had time to try more. 
Mike
hotelfox View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotelfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by darem darem wrote:

Sorry, it's NOT fixed.

Still crashes as soon as an FSX flight plan is loaded.

And STILL it looks in a folder that's only present in english versions of FSX, so you have to manually copy the flight plan to this folder in the german version of FSX.

I am very disappointed that after months after the release, this product is still unuseable. It really hurts your reputation and discredits the otherwise excellent F-Lite series.
I can only support darem.  o.k. - as I posted under 'Disappointed' I don' t encounter crashes anymore. But darem is 100% right when he says 'It really hurts your reputation and discredits the otherwise excellent F-Lite series.'
I really don' t understand why JF quit the excellent concept of the F-Lite series and sold us an aircraft which is a significant step back.
I am mainly talking about the MCDU here. My impression is that somebody programmed the MCDU for JF who is not quite familiar with FSX.
After the installation of the SP the MCDU doesn' t accept default FSX flight plans. The user is limited to the instant bunch of flight plans which comes with the 'NavDataCollector'.
JF's Airbus series could have become a very successful package. But unfortunately the is product is far away from the quality level which fans of the F-Lite series were accustomed to.
Don' t get me wrong - I love how the plane behaves in 'manual' mode, parts of the sound are fantastic and I am old fashioned enough to prefer 2D panels.

(I am talking about the A320 only as I don' t own the A318/319/321)  
darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 8:54pm
Did so.

SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 11:25am
Hi Darem,

At this time it seems you are the only customer who is still encountering the MDCU crashes when you have applied the service packs correctly.

Please send us an email to support@justflight.com so we can ensure that you have done so.

Thanks,

Sam

darem View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 9:21am
Sorry, it's NOT fixed.

Still crashes as soon as an FSX flight plan is loaded.

And STILL it looks in a folder that's only present in english versions of FSX, so you have to manually copy the flight plan to this folder in the german version of FSX.

I am very disappointed that after months after the release, this product is still unuseable. It really hurts your reputation and discredits the otherwise excellent F-Lite series.

Here's the error report:

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:    fsx.exe
  Anwendungsversion:    10.0.61637.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:    46fadb14
  Fehlermodulname:    API.DLL
  Fehlermodulversion:    10.0.61637.0
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    46fadb58
  Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
  Ausnahmeoffset:    000179f2
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Gebietsschema-ID:    3079

Zusatzinformationen zum Problem:
  LCID:    3079

Eraser74 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eraser74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:57am
Yeah, it fixed the crashing, but now the only flightplan in the MCDU is the A320 Tutorial Flightplan....it doesn´t load any FSX flightplans or lets you create one by yourself. The only navigation option is Dir/To which is very unhandy.

This airplane is full of bugs, it´s not funny anymore.

When you save a flight, most of the cockpit options are forgotten, when loading the saved flight. The MCDU is off and hasn´t any navigation data loaded, the AP settings are incorrect etc.

There is still a lot of work that has to be done to make this plane flyable.
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:54pm
Hi All,

We have now created service packs for the A318/19/20 Jetliner Series, which solve the MCDU crashing issue that you may have been encountering when trying to load flight plans.

You can now download the update (v.2) for the A320 from our support page here:

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=243#Update447 

And for A318/19 customers experiencing the crash, you can now download Service Pack 1 for both aircraft here:

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=256

Sam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic