This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Switch Indicator on other Sims besides MSTS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switch Indicator on other Sims besides MSTS?
    Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 7:20pm
In Microsoft Train Sim, a Switch Indicator displays the position of the next switch I will encounter. By using the keyboard, I can toggle between positions and see, visually, how I've changed the switch.

I have the new version of Railworks but I don't see a similar visual indicator (changing my view to the birds-eye 2D schematic view is too hard for me to use)

Are there any train sims that mimic the MSTS Switch Indicator design?
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 9:10am
Hi,

RailWorks doesn't have a switch indicator showing the junction in front and behind your train, however it does have the mini map view in the F3 panel and in the "9" view you get to see the whole route map which you can zoom in and out (with the Scroll wheel of your mouse) and can set the path (the blue line) by shift+clicking on the small blue dots which are the points or switches.

All points can be switched in this way in Free Roam Scenarios. In the other scenarios some switches are automatic and you are routed the correct way, where as the others are manual and will have the blue dot showing over them on the map.

So unfortunately nothing quite like the MSTS method.
KCMO View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 5:06pm

SimUK, Thanks for confirming that.

Unfortunate, indeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic