This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine sounds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 12:09am
Originally posted by vance vance wrote:

Hi Eddie, Sorry you feel my comment was harsh. I've seen alot of harsh comments directed to me in this thread yet I was willing to help out.

The reason why I'm not concerned about the outside is that it has nothing to do with the interior. The exterior and interior sound design does not share any code or assetts with each other.
----------------

Vance,

They should not have spoken bad about your sound set as well. And you know your product better than ISmile

I just wanted to let you know that I hear the idel sound outside as wellWink
Thank for trying to fix it!

Eddie
vance View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 12:33am
I think I know what the issue may be and we'll see if others agree. There's no real errors in anything but the idle sound is present in all RPM ranges and it does pitch up and down with RPM changes. Does everyone experience that or are people hearing the idle sound not changing pitch and just idling all the way through RPM's.

If people are hearing the interior idle pitching up and down with RPM changes then it's working as designed as it's part of many layers in the interior that play at various and sometimes all ranges. If this is the case then JF will have to get in touch with me and a re-design for the interior would be needed if that's what they want.

I'll wait for their contact and expect more interesting comments about myself and my work.
eatkins View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 1:03am

I think I know what the issue may be and we'll see if others agree. There's no real errors in anything but the idle sound is present in all RPM ranges and it does pitch up and down with RPM changes. Does everyone experience that or are people hearing the idle sound not changing pitch and just idling all the way through RPM's.

If people are hearing the interior idle pitching up and down with RPM changes then it's working as designed as it's part of many layers in the interior that play at various and sometimes all ranges. If this is the case then JF will have to get in touch with me and a re-design for the interior would be needed if that's what they want.

I'll wait for their contact and expect more interesting comments about myself and my work.
------------
I hear the idle sound inside and out. both sound like there is no change in pitch.

Eddie
vance View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 1:08am

If the idle isn't changing pitch than it sounds broken for sure. If you would Eddie please email me your sound.cfg to sonicsolutions@live.ca

eatkins View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 1:45am

If the idle isn't changing pitch than it sounds broken for sure. If you would Eddie please email me your sound.cfg to sonicsolutions@live.ca

------------

Done
vance View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 1:57pm

I got a few emails with your cfg's, thanks guys. I'll check it out

robert41 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 5:50am
My sounds, in the VC, are ok but are very quiet. Outside sounds are fine. I have the sonicsolution sound pack. FSX/accel. Win 7-64. But I have this problem with every multi engine aircraft in FSX. Except for A2A's Accusim. Single engine aircraft sounds are good.  I have tried many diifferent sound packs, with the same results. FS9 sound packs are really bad with multi engine aircraft, but are good with single engine aircraft in FSX. I have FS9 installed as well and the sounds are fine. I believe it is a problem with FSX itself. Hopefully someone can figure out these issues.  
iandiss View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iandiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:39am
Hi Vance,

The best DC-3 sounds I have found in various file libraries is a file "dc3sond.zip" for fs2004. The author says that the sounds were recorded in the cockpit of a DC-3. If the cockpit sounds of your package were like, or better than, this I know that I would be happy.

Regards
dissy
vance View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:32pm
So I examined all the CFG's that were sent to me and the idle is indeed changing in pitch and volume for both interior engines.
HKnox View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKnox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:50pm
I am a new user of this DC-3, and am equally disappointed with the idle sound intrusion. My first reaction was to alias the default DC-3, and at least fly with a little peace of mind, but the change to the sound config file didn't change anything! I even deleted the entire sound folder and still got the same original sounds. How is this possible?

Could someone please explain this? I am presuming the sound file is embedded in the air or model files, and doesn't require the sound folder to operate,

We could all temporarily solve the sound problem if we could alias another sound file.

I am also using the Manfred Jahn Skytrain and have aliased the WOP B-17 sounds to it and it sounds great.

HK
HKnox View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKnox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 4:17am
This is a follow-up on my previous post.

Like an idiot, I was modifying the sound file of the DEFAULT DC-3!

After realizing my stupid mistake, I opened the JF DC-3 sound files and was able to alias other sounds from there successfully.

HK
RoughLandings View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoughLandings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 8:14pm
I have found this sound set works pretty well:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=douglas_dc-3_c-47_sounds.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

AndyUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 10:31pm
Thanks for that link, I've now got some much better audible feedback to changes in power and rpm settings.  Pity that JF haven't seen fit to take any action to sort out this weak spot as it spoils what seems so far to be quite a reasonable product.

Andy L
Lethal Mitch View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lethal Mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 3:10pm
Hi all,

I came here because I have pretty much the same problem and wondered if it was just me.

The interior engine pitch for me does change with throttle settings but from a low idle to a slightly faster idle but are far from accurate.

The exterior sounds are absolutely music to my ears, but sadly there seems little comparison to what I hear in the cockpit.

I notice from previous posts that the sound creator has posted offering help, tested some files and reported that they do indeed change pitch with throttle settings. Encouraging to see this type of partcipation but Sir, you really need to listen to the interior sounds apart from pitch change as they're way off.  No insult intended, I just feel the awesome exterior sounds are let down in the cockpit where the simmer will spent most of their time.

Just a FYI post and to add my voice to the other guys here, but honestly a bit disappointed to see the product let down in such a way and that JF/Sonic Solutions haven't got their heads together and had a look at it properly.

Mitch

grayiron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grayiron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 12:43am

Have I missed something or are the issues with the idle sound still unresolved?  Very disappointed with JF. Makes one think twice before purchasing any other JF products. 

Lethal Mitch View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lethal Mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 3:32pm
Yes the engine sounds still remain an issue.

There has been no official recognition of this at all as far as I'm aware, which is a bit disappointing.

Shame really as it is otherwise an excellent product.

Mitch
grayiron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grayiron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 11:59pm
I sent an email to JF asking when they intended to provide a fix for the sound issue.  They indicated that they have no plans to revise the sound files.  I responded with a request for a refund based on the sound problems being a material defect and inhibiting the beneficial use of their product.  I put my chances of getting a refund as somewhere around being eaten by a bear and getting hit by a meteor, simultaneously. Dead
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 10:20am
If you purchased within the last 30 days then you can make use of our no-quibble policy.
SpamValiant View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpamValiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:54pm
What's most disappointing is that you think that that's an acceptable answer.

One of your customers has a legitimate problem with your product, a complaint that other people clearly agree with and have said so, politely, for some time.

You could have said ,"We'll try to get something sorted for you."

You could have said ,"I'm afraid there's nothing we can do at this point, but here's a link to a soundset you might prefer, and here are some instructions for how to use it with out product."

You could even have said, "I'm sorry that you're disappointed with out product, is there any way we sort this out for you? If not, then of course we'll refund your money."

But instead you just fire off the equivalent of, "Well if you don't like it then we don't want you as a customer. Hope you bought it in the last 30 days or you're out of luck."

Seriously, if you worked for me and behaved like that on a forum for my customers, with a tag telling everyone that you were staff no less, I would fire you in a heartbeat and not look back.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:19am
Hi,

The developer of the sound-set used in the DC-3 has contributed to this thread (Vance), and has checked his sound files but as you can see from this posts, he has been unable to identify the cause of the idle sounds. We will ask him to take a look again.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic