This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Planning Query

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Planning Query
    Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 12:05pm
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help.  I have just bought Cargo Pilot and am really enjoying it.  Please can anyone tell me how to set up cargo pilot so that it prepares me a flight plan using radio nav aids rather than a GPS flight plan?

Many thanks.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 3:04pm

It’s not possible to set up CP to do that so I do that myself.

In the flight planner change IFR into VFR, check the VOR to VOR, then click on the “find route” button and save the flight, done.
Tomjw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 4:05pm
Ahh.  Didn't think of that.  Should make things a bit more interesting.

Thanks.

Smile
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 4:18pm
CP does come with some flight plans and will use them if you happen to accept a job between a pair of airports for which a CP plan exists.  I created some and uploaded them to the JF CP support site.

Unfortunately, the required format is tedious to create, and the plan must be loaded into the CP folder BEFORE you accept the job, so this is really not a good option. 

I didn't even know they existed until I happened to get a flight for which a plan existed in the original CP installation.  I think there are about 1500 in all, but that's not very many when you consider the possible number of airport pairs.

Dree's suggestion is better and it's what I do.
Tomjw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 6:44pm
Thanks for your reply Allardjd.  I'm all for simplicity, so I will also stick with Dree's suggested method.  I fly out of Phoenix (only because I have Megascenery X Phoenix) and fly to some very obscure mountain airfields which I doubt are in the CP support site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic