This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New/existing User Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adri952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 12:56am
G'Day Mike,
Yeah I know that there are some third party sites out there it's a matter of finding them and also the fact that I'm a cheapskate and don't really like paying for credit card fees twice.
Once when you use the card and the second is when they convert it from $ AUD to whatever currency.
I suppose it'll have to wait for when I go back next or get my brother to get it for me as he lives in the general area of Just Flight HQ and mail it to me .
I know about the York- Newcastle Modern .
Cool 
Regards
Adrian
adrian
avroanson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avroanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:24pm
Hello all,
             I am new on this forum.I have been running the various sims as they came on to the market and enjoyed most.Obviously it is getting better with all the upgrades in speed and performance of computers. I have just got Railworks and so far so good.I just down loaded Rail Simulator demo and was surprised how simular it is to Railworks,is it the same people? I am now 74 and go back to the days when we collected train numbers,GWR was
my local rail.We used to wander around Old Oak Common sheds climbing up on the engines
those beautiful Kings & Castles.I once was invited on to the footplate of a little tank engine
4500 at West Ealing Station and we travelled up to Ealing Broadway,what a thrill! The main line down to the West Country ran through Ealing and we stood on a  footbridge collecting
numbers all sorts of engines passed through and visited the shunting area.Another first
was seeing the first engine numbered 10000 was that diesel or some sort of gas turbine,cannot remember. Enough of me,somehow rail gets into you doesn`t it?
 All the best,Alan
grumpy old man
makatini View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makatini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 8:57am
Why "grumpy old man"?  You don't sound like that at all!  .
I know what you mean by "somehow rail gets into you.."  once you have smelt the superheated steam, you are never the same again.  Steam only died over here in the late 70's (South Africa) and both my dad and brother worked on the rail - I was lucky enough to go with them in the cab on many wonderful occasions.   I am the only one in the family who did not pursue that career.  In fact, years later, I emigrated to England and lived in Ealing for a while.  I have never been so cold in my life!  I lasted 15 years and then came back home and have since been on a few Steam Excursions with my wife and young son.  He enjoyed it thoroughly as I expected he would.  Sadly, these excursions have also died out and only very expensive trips on Rovos Rail remains.  Only for the rich... 
Anyway, Alan, welcome to the group!
deanbean10 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanbean10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 12:38am
Hi
Im Dean :)
Im from Birmingham :D
Im a full time proper spotter :D
and play RW :) I would like to see Gloucester- Birmingham Line  :)
Im also 18 Years old :D
Im just about to graduate from college :P
I would some day want to work with current(XC)

icbear View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 10:03am
Hi Guys, I am new to the RailSimulator, although have been doing several other rail sims. Can anyone help me as to a question re operating the trains. Do I need a joy-stick or such?

I am a huge fan of TraiNZ as well as the 2D sims from Bahn 380. I also use the Rail3D free download as it is quite attentive to detail re routing.
gliderace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gliderace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 2:23pm
Hi,
You need nothing but your keyboard, all commands are keyboard based and there are three levels of driving skills, beginner, intermediate and advanced, each level taking you to a greater degree of realism and difficulty. There really is not a lot to it, the biggest thing is to set up your options properly at start up. Some versions of rail sim require you to set the language as English before you can make other adjustments. It is all fairly self explanatory.
Happy driving!
Best regards,
Michael

Gliderace
CORH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 9:20pm
Hi, Im butting in here, but I have just bought Rail Sim which looks great. I cannot find any useful guides on how to use so presume the download file has to do. Also can I assume that I need the updates Mk1 & 2 and an ything else useful. Any help appreciated. 
gliderace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gliderace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 1:02am
Hello, how are you? Small world, my sister lives just accross the river in Hythe!
Anyway, you do not NEED mk1 and mk2, but they are a great improvement. You must install mk1 before you install mk2. This is very important as mk2 needs mk1 in order to work. Glad you like railsim, good luck and happy driving.
Michael.
Gliderace
CORH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:41am
Hi Michael. Thanks for that. I Will download mk1 & 2 as suggested. It is indeed a small world. I used to work in Hythe.
Graham
nimbus55 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nimbus55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:58pm
Hi all, I'm in Hertfordshire UK, I've been a rail enthusiast for many years and I thought how can I expand on this! I'm a newbie to Rail sims, just got RS(2007) for Vista and Voyager add-on. Did not realise that I would have to download the update to RW1&2 until after I had ripped out most of my hair!!!  Would have been helpful if this had been added to System requirements on the rear sleeve!  Anyway I've sussed it out now and I must say it's an excellent program and I'm well happy with the playing experience.  I have noticed however that the Voyagers seem to take for ever to come to a halt at stations, and I keep overrunning them, suppose that will come with practice.  Any way, it's nice to be here, and hello to everyone.
Bruce.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, he who does not ask is a fool for life
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:30am
Hi Bruce,

Upgrade Mk1 and Mk2 were released after the product had been released, so that's why they aren't detailed on the back of the box (otherwise they would have been included on the disc!). They fix and upgrade various issues, and for the Rail Simulator products that required them we have included the fixes on our add-on discs.

You'll soon get used to the braking distances, trains take a lot longer than something like a car - all part of the skill of driving a train, it's much more complex than "a to b" that a lot of people think :)

Good luck!

Simon
Just Flight & Just Trains
nimbus55 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nimbus55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 11:18am
Hi Simon and thank you, when I referred to including the information on the sleeve I meant on the sleeve of Voyager!
Nice to be with you all! Smile
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, he who does not ask is a fool for life
Sarc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff
Bishop to Auckland Creator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 6:23pm
Hi all,

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. My name is Paul, (also known as 'Sarc').

I've been visiting these forums for many moons and really enjoy reading the various topics and posts. Although I actually joined the forum quite a while ago, I've never managed to find the time to post anything myself, until now, mainly due to work commitments and the fact that I've been working fully on a new route for 'Train Simulator 2012'.

Hope it's okay for a forum newbie to immediately post some screenshots ... (which are at: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=18706). They are of my completed route, 'Bishop Auckland to Darlington', which will soon be available from 'Just Trains'.

Cheers, and many thanks for such an excellent forum.

Sarc ... (aka Paul or Paulus)

amazedbygrace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazedbygrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 6:27am
Hi guys

New here love train sims!!

Live in bradford originally from Liverpool.

I own TS2013 which I manage to run on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card but I a looking to update my pc so I can have a bigger screen.
Love the old steam trains but adore the French TGV but not seen a TGV in a train sim. Does anyone know of one?

Also what program do you use to design the assets? Be it, trains, platforms, stations etc?

Thanks
Mark
TrainsareinmyBlood View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrainsareinmyBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 10:25am
Hi people,

I train-sim for a long time and enjoy every minute of playing.

The classic German railroads are my favourite and i hope once to ride the famous Rheingold all the way down from Hoek van Holland to Basel in the S3/6.

Living in the mid-eastern of the Netherlands alongside the railtracks from Rotterdam to the Rhurgebiet.

Mostly TS 2014, but occasionaly MSTS as well

Thanks for accepting me in youre community
Norbert
atown99 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atown99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:02am
Well here goes. I have had a yearning to get into rail simming for some time now and as I have an APPLE Mac I purchased TRAINZ for Mac. Talk about involved. No instructions, poor forums, crook tutorials - mainly from smart b-----s who treated any enquiry as though you were a moron and in a nut shell disappointing. I have been Youtubing rail sims for a while now and and TS 2014 looks to be ok. Now a few questions if you will bear with me. Will it work on a MAC, What basics do I get for my money (UK/Aust xchange rate is lousy now Cry Can I get (download) various routes, rolling stock etc, are there instructions for all this, are there tutorials (I've found a couple which are great).
All in all, any help for starting off would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
atown99
manners cost nothing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manners cost nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 1:17am
New Kid on the block.
after years,and many many £s spent. can land the Boeing 767 er by LDS on the money. but looking at clouds for hours got lets say F-ing  boring.
I always loved trains so had a look and bought TS 2015. "but" needed more,FOUND JT LOL wallet now on empty. but boy I'M I loving it. now just like our opening poster Steve  I also live in the North West. I want to do London Euston To Man Pic. sorry can't WHY NOT IT'S A BUSY <very very busy apparently (mod)> MAIN ROUTE. or London to GLASGOW OR EDINBURGH. Wink stopping at exotic locations such as Birmingham New ST. Crewe Wigan. YOU GET THE DRIFT? me thinks some young programmers + other talents could make a good buck on this oneClap  < ="UTF-8" ="chrome://hdv//hdv.js" ="application/"> < ="UTF-8" ="chrome://hdv//hdv.js" ="application/"> < ="UTF-8" ="chrome://hdv//hdv.js" ="application/">

Edited for naughty language - please remember this forum is visited by younger sim enthusiasts.
Dinger
Zulnex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zulnex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:24pm

Hello everyone.

I have finally found some free time to register. I have been playing many simulators since 2004. MSTS was actually my first game which I have played.

I have a few addons from Just Trains and I am quite happy with my latest purchase - U Bahn Frankfurt.

I am very happy to be here and wish everyone all the best.

hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 12:59pm
Hi Zulnex and welcome, I too have JT products and their 'Advanced' range is top notch although you might find the JT forum undersubscribed. The Steam/Dovetail Games forum is more active and usually friendly with plenty of helpful advice. It's worth a look.
Must Fly!
Gerardgeek View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerardgeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:39pm
Hi Reider

I've been into flight simming for many years however always been interested in railways ... just started train simming since I became aware of great improvements with the software to go along with improvements in hardware ... looking forward to seeing more routes opening up to explore and to visit areas I remember from my childhood ... thanks for the forum and for this opportunity to share our thoughts

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic