This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747-200/300 Series problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747-200/300 Series problem
    Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 9:14pm
I have recently purchased the 747-200/300 Series and whilst I am very pleased with the package I am not happy with the handeling of the aircraft.
They fly more like a stunt plane allowing me to do rolls and loops which can't be right.
I am using FSX on Windows 7 and assume that I must have the settings wrong - however I have not been able to find any other info regarding this.
Can anyone give me any tips please?
mjrhealth View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 6:37am
FSX in itself doesnt do very well with flight modelling, which is why those things are possible. Now some developers are actually writing there own software that manipulets some data to make the experience more realistic, but you pay for it as it takes lot of time and money. The Flite series are as simple as you can get with a bit of realsim. I have it too, just fly it within its paremeters and you will enjoy it.
Haswell 4770K @ 4.2(so far) Gigabtye GAZ87XUD3H 8 Gig Cas 9 DDR3 16000 MHz Ram, NVIDIA GTX 680 2Gig Video, Win 7 64 bit.
Capt.H View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 4:36pm
Many thanks for your reply.
Eraser74 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eraser74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 12:12pm
I am having a serious issue with the product!

I installed first into my FSX installation and started the tutorial and took off with no problem.

Then I installed the planes into my FS 2004 installation and tried to make a quick flight. I started on the runway with everything running and tried to take off, but the plane just wouldn´t.

The nose slightly got up, but the plane couldn´t lift off the ground.

Now I have the same issue with FSX, I went through the tutorial again and wanted to take off, but no, the plane wouldn´t leave the ground and I smashed into something on the end of the runway.

Anybody else had that problem??

I am running Windows 7 32-bit, AMD Dualcore 64X2 5000+, 4gb Ram, ATI Radeon HD 4670 512 MB.

Please help!
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 2:39pm
Here are a few things to consider:

Check your weight, make sure the payload and fuel isn't too great for the plane.  Make sure the auto pilot is OFF.  Make sure the flaps are set correctly.  Make sure the spoilers are not deployed.  Make sure you let the plane get fast enough before trying to lift off.

Greg

Greg
Eraser74 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eraser74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 3:18pm
Yeah well, I checked all of that! The FMC had Vr set as 167 and the flaps where at 20, the fuel was at 50 % spread all over the plane.

Gave full speed, but the plane wouldn´t lift off.
captsolo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captsolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 3:20pm
You need to set the trim to 3.5 to 4.0
Eraser74 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eraser74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 3:36pm
Trim is set to 4.9 as is stated in the tutorial.

The only solution to my problem is to change the flight dynamics to EZ, which isn´t very satisfying, but at least the plane takes off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic