This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No DHL at EDDP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No DHL at EDDP
    Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:16pm
Hello!

I installed traffic X on december 2010 and i works fine on my FSX.

I just purchased and installed the EDDP scenery from Aerosoft, and I cannot see any DHL plane at the DHL terminal!

Shall I download a new AFCAD file? or something other?

many thanks for your help

Florian
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 10:16pm
After installing new scenery, especially if it is an airport or has airports in it, you should open the Traffic X Control Centre (TCC) and use the "Airport Information" screen and the "Update" button on that screen which will update Traffic X's databases with all the new airport details.

After this, double-check the flight plans in Traffic X to see if there are actually DHL planes set to fly to that airport.  Of course if you already saw DHL planes flying to EDDP before you installed your new Aerosoft scenery, then you won't need to do this step because that confirms there are indeed flight plans already in Traffic X for DHL planes to fly to this airport.

After checking the flight plans and updating the Traffic X airport database, run the simulator and check to see if it now works.

If you still don't see any aircraft, then use the Scenery menus in Flight Simulator and check to see what order things are set to load in.  You may need to move your new scenery up (or down) in the order so that it loads before (or after) the Traffic X stuff.  Likewise, you may need to change the order of Traffic X so that it appears above (or below) the new scenery.

After doing this, run the simulator and check to see if it now works.

If this still doesn't solve it for you, then you may need to double-check the airport details in Traffic X (again, use the "Airport Information" screen) to see if there are valid parking spots for the DHL aircraft.  Check the number of parking spots, the type of parking spots (gate, ramp, cargo, etc), and the size of those parking spots.  Now use the Fleet Databse screen to check the parking size and type for the DHL aircraft.  If the DHL planes are too big for the parking spots at the airport, then change the parking size for the planes.

After doing this, run the simulator and check to see if it now works.

Finally, after doing all of this stuff, if it still isn't working, try to recompile the AI .bgl file.  Use this link here for information: How do I re-compile the traffic database?
flo1981 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 10:27pm
many thanks for your help freddy!

with all theses solutions, I think it will be ok!

I will try it when possible.

flo1981 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:39pm
Hello,
Ok I saw in the flights plans that there's no DHL traffic in EDDP....
Shall I update my traffic Database? how?
Is there an update since EDDP became the DHL hub in EUropa?
many thanks
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 1:38am
No, there won't be any update ... Traffic X provides you with all of the tools that you need to make these kinds of changes yourself.  So, yes, you should update your traffic database.  Use the Traffic Control Centre to add your own DHL flight plans that fly to EDDP. If you are not sure about how to do this, either read the manual, look at existing flight plans in Traffic Control Centre and see how they are done, or read the Just Flight tutorials (link: Traffic X Tutorials).

If you don't care much for the realism, you can just randomly add DHL flight plans to EDDP to and from random airports.  If you do care a bit more about realism, you can use the Internet to see what the actual routes are and then add/edit those flight plans accordingly.  The Internet is generally good for commercial airlines as it is easy to get a list of the routes these fly, but cargo routes may be a little harder.  You may not be able to get the times exact etc, but at least the routes can be close enough to correct.  Have fun.

After adding/editing flight plans to and from EDDP, you then need to recompile the AI traffic database so that the Simulator will show you the planes.  (Note that the tutorials forget to mention this fact.)  See this link here for information on how to compile the traffic database: How do I re-compile the traffic database?  Also note that you do not need to compile after adding/editing just one single flight plan ... you can add/edit flight plans for many flights and then just do one compile to see all the changes occur in the Simulator.

When looking for your planes to see if they have worked, note that times are based on GMT, not your watch.  Also note that due to certain random factors during the compile process that not all of your flight plans may all show up.  A large majority will show, but not all of them all of the time.  I have found that if you just do another recompile (without even making any flight plan changes), that some planes which didn't show after the first compile, now show up after this second compile, but now other different planes seem not to be showing up.  It's a random luck of the draw kind of thing.  That is just how it works.

Once you do one or two flight plans and you see it works ... and how easy it is ... you will quickly be able to add more.  If you are like me, you will soon see how addictive this is and will probably end up making changes not just to DHL at EDDP, but to a whole range of other airports and flight plans.  It's a lot of fun.

A further word of note:

DHL planes are cargo planes.  These will only appear at EDDP if that airport has appropriate parking spots for CARGO planes.  If you use the Traffic X AIRPORT INFORMATION screen, and check EDDP, you will see that it only has three parking spots labelled CARGO.  And, looking at the FLEET DATABASE screen, I see that (for example) the 727 cargo aircraft can park at CARGO parking spots AND AT GATE parking spots.  So a 727 Cargo plane set to fly to EDDP may park in a cargo spot, if one is free, or in a gate spot.  And so on and so forth.  These are the sorts of things you need to keep in mind as you do your flight plans and testing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic