This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X 3 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X 3 problems
    Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 10:55pm
hi, totally new to this and hopefully is a known problem.
I have Win Xp with FSX with SP1 and SP2 and recently installed Traffic X including the SP1 trying to solve the below problems.

1) I lost all the airport buildings and gates. All the planes are sitting in huge empty areas. Runways and taxi paths are ok.

2) In Traffic Control Center, Airport Information I have no airports listed, nothing and when i click on Update existing i get an error message.

3) Why are the flyable airplanes form Traffic X without a virtual cockpit? i was really looking forward to fly a real airline name.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 11:41am
1) Missing airport buildings and gates.  Interesting.  Did this problem occur only after you installed Traffic X?  Or, could it be due to something else such as another add-on or a recent setting/configuration change that you have made?  If you do believe this issue is definately Traffic X related, then it could have something to do with your question 2 in that Traffic X does install some files which make changes to airports for parking spaces etc.  However, if the files have not installed correctly or are missing (see answer below to question 2) then maybe this is what caused the buildings and gates to disappear?  What happens if you UNINSTALL Traffic X?  Does the problem resolve itself?

----------------------------------------------

2) This is a common issue due to the installation of Traffic X missing some files or some folders (or both).

There are details about this in the post here: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12149&PID=98460

That post has some screenshots which show the files and the folders that you should have.  Check that you have ALL of the files shown in the screenshots.  Check that you have ALL of the folders shown in the screenshots.

If your Traffic X is missing one or more of the files, or missing one or more of the folders, then you should try to do a reinstall to see if it fixes it.

If the reinstall does not fix it, then you should contact Just Flight Support.  They have seen this problem before and helped others to get it fixed.  You can send Just Flight a message by going here: Support Request

Make sure you choose the correct product (Traffic X) at the top of that Support Request page before you send your message.

----------------------------------------------

3) The flyable aircraft in Traffic X are actually the AI models used for the AI.  The program allows you to add or remove AI planes from the Traffic X list in to or out of your flyable aircraft hangar as you desire.  Because these planes are AI models, they need to be very lean and friendly on your PC so you continue to get good frame rates in the sim.  Therefore, they are not "fully-featured" aircraft complete with all the bells, whistles, and full cockpits.  As a result, the simulator can only provide you with the best match choice of 2D cockpit when you fly these aircraft.
X_Man View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 6:39am
Ummm - Freddy, do you think he installed 3rd party aiports prior to Traffic X, thus he is having an area priority issue? Traffic X being on the top of his list?
ADB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 2:08pm
Hi,
I have no 3rd party sw. It is a clean installation of FSX followed by traffic X. Thanks to this thread i was able to find out that the problem is that i need the DL version of traffic X. I need to contact tech support unfortunately. I ll
dont know why they dont put a fix on line to download.
I'll do so after Xmas.
Thank you
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by X_Man X_Man wrote:

Ummm - Freddy, do you think he installed 3rd party aiports prior to Traffic X, thus he is having an area priority issue? Traffic X being on the top of his list?

That did cross my mind.  But I took the chance it had something to do with a stuffed install of Traffic X ... as per all the other threads that have been posted here about similar or same install problems.  If that turned out not to be the case, then the next suggestion would have been to check the scenery menu and change the order of things.

Originally posted by ADB ADB wrote:

Hi, I have no 3rd party sw. It is a clean installation of FSX followed by traffic X. Thanks to this thread i was able to find out that the problem is that i need the DL version of traffic X. I need to contact tech support unfortunately. I don't know why they dont put a fix on line to download.  I'll do so after Xmas. Thank you.

Ahh.  Glad this thread has helped.

I can think of a few possible reasons why Just Flight have not corrected and provided a "fixed" version of their installer.  For example, it may not be financially viable given the size of their company and the costs involved in getting the issue corrected.  However, I'd really only be guessing.  Sadly though, this issue has happened far too many times and has been asked about in post after post after post from different people with the same/similar problem(s) due to a stuffed install.  You only have to do a quick forum search to see.  It potentially cannot be good for Just Flight's reputation.  The problem is annoying not only for the person who has a broken install, but also for those of us who read these repetitive posts and reply.  We're just cutting and pasting from previous threads on the same subject.  If the installer issue was fixed, then forum members could enjoy the forums for what they are, rather than doing Just Flight's support job for them.
ADB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 6:31pm
Yes, the thread helped but Traffic X tech support is silent as a tomb. It's been 2 weeks now....makes me regret having purchased this...although is nice to have real airlines flying around
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 11:01pm
Maybe tech support is still away on their Christmas holidays.  Be patient.  They probably have a lot of support emails received over their holidays.  You could also try sending a second support email, enquiring about the progress of your first one.

As for regretting purchasing the product ... once you do get the problem sorted out you will quickly see that there is nothing to regret.  Having all the real-world airliners and general aviation (and also military) planes flying in your air-space adds tremendously to the realism of the simulation.  It is very satisfying to fly in world with the correct airliners and other planes all flying around as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic