This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

odd labeled traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c172pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: odd labeled traffic
    Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 8:21am
After recently upgrading from FS9 to FSX, and purchasing the desired softwares again. I noticed @ KJFK while using FSDT KJFK that there is what I imagine should be "AMERICAN" airlines aircraft, simply named, "MERICAN" with a completely different tail logo.

I also notice that even with the jet aircraft slider @ MAX, and GA @ 0, or, any other level, I get very little traffic. Most of it is stationary. How can I rectify this issue?

thank you for any help! :)
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:22pm

American Airlines do not give permission for their name to be used and therefore "American Airlines" is "Merican" Airlines in Traffic X.  This is not just an issue for Traffic X, but also for other AI packages as well.  If you look around on the Internet, you should be able to find a repaint or do your own repaint to change this yourself.  (Also, if you do a forum search here on the word "Merican", you will find a number of other discussions on this topic and a few other suggestions about how to change it.)

Regarding the lack of AI planes, make sure you upgrade your Traffic X installation to the Service Pack 1 release.  One of the things the Service Pack fixed was to fix the lack of AI planes -- an issue reported by many users.  You can download Traffic X Service Pack 1 from here: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=182

c172pilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c172pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:46am
Freddy, thank you for the info on AA. I was not aware of that! I'm not too picky as to every aircraft must be at the correct gates, as long as the traffic is there, and moving I'm fine.

Regarding the update. I downloaded it even though the site states if purchased after said date, you're ok. problem solved!

Thank you for your help again!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 10:24pm

I'm glad to have helped.  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic