This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flying Club SportCruiser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flying Club SportCruiser
    Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 1:50pm

We are currently developing a high quality simulation of the Czech Sport Aircraft SportCruiser for FSX, and our development team is especially pleased to be working with CSA’s UK agent who is providing technical assistance and detailed information on this amazing aircraft.

The SportCruiser has been making waves in the light aircraft world thanks to its outstanding performance, great range and excellent value for money - Flyer magazine’s review says it all: “...it has lots of room, great visibility, good short-field performance and a decent turn of speed in the cruise.”

Ben Fitzgerald-O'Connor from UK agent Onega Aviation has commented: “We’re very pleased to be assisting Just Flight with this project. We’re extremely proud of the SportCruiser and we’re looking forward to seeing it become as big a success in the virtual skies as it is in the real ones."

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
nivkuli View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivkuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 9:55am
Do you have an estimated release date?
I am really looking forward for this one
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:28am
Hi,

We hope to have the Sportcruiser ready during Q1 2011. Here are a couple of new screenshots:

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
nivkuli View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivkuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:29pm
WOW!!
Amazing!
Are you planing a version with the Dynon D100/D120 glass panel?
Thanks
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:56pm
Yes we plan to do a Dynon glass cockpit as well as a standard cockpit.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 11:11am
Its looking fantastic Thumbs%20Up, will probably be on my "to buy" list! Cool
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 1:56pm
And another....

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 5:15pm
Super stuff! I have been looking for an FSX version since reading about it a fair while ago in Pilot (and since then seeing it for real!) Seems to be a great aeroplane.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 10:07am
The one shown in my screenshot (G-CKSC) is based at my flying club and I am always very envious when I see it passing by the humble 152 that I use! A very affordable aircraft with some lovely kit e.g. glass cockpit, AP and BRS. 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:25pm
Absolutely! And from what I read it seems to be reasonably manoeuvrable (is that true?) Also, that fantastic canopy must give some amazing views and make for an excellent cockpit to sit in, compared to the 152's rather cramped conditions!
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 2:25pm
And here are some images showing the VC options:

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
nivkuli View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivkuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 2:39pm
Very nice!
the dynon looks cool
cant wait to fly it
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 2:55pm
The Dynon displays are excellent. The vast majority of my test flights in this aircraft have involved flying on instruments (VOR to VOR) which is made very simple with the amount of information that the Dynon displays show. A very well equipped little aircraft!
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Buddy Martin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buddy Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 3:40pm
Hi, I have been searching the internet for about a year now looking for a Pipersport or Sportcruiser for FSX and this morning it happened, I saw that this aircraft was going to be released February 24th.  I am so ready for this.  I looked for some additional info but really didn't find any or any answers to some questions that I had, maybe you could help me.

First, as far as I can tell, this is the first airplane for FSX that has the Dynon panels in it so I guess you guys had to build them yourselves.  Kudos for that!  First Question is "Do the lower buttons work and do they work like the real panels or are they just there for show? 

Is all the information presented on the regular Dynon screens presented on the sim screens. (i.e. wind direction and speed (lower right corner), angle of attack, outside air temp.)?

Second, does the Garmin 496 work correctly or should I say, does it work like a 496.  I purchased a aircraft from a vendor, who will remain nameless, just to get a Garmin 496 and when you clicked on it, it opened the default GPS in FSX.  The GPS just linked to the old default unit.

And lastly, does anyone know if it actually flys like a Sportcruiser?  I am currently taking flight training in a Pipersport and just love it!  It's nice and roomy inside and just so much fun to fly.  If you trim it up you can fly hands off but if you want to fly it like a sportscar, it does that too.

I can't wait for yours to be released, I am signed up for the notice and will be one of the first to purchase it.  I just can't wait and I'm counting the days!  If you have some answers they would also be greatly appreciated!

Buddy

-------- Edit

After a ton of searching I think I answered most of my own questions.  From the photos, it looks like the Dynon panels do work they way they are supposed to basically.  Even in a basic mode, they will be better than nothing.  The Garmin 496 is not a real 496, different button configuration but again it will be close and better than nothing.  (I love how you can scroll to a close airport on the real 496 and then press the direct button and it does everything for you)

Finally, I would lke to know how it flys as it is.  I use a microsoft sidewinder force feedback II joystick with the aftermarket program FSForce.  In addition, I use TrackIR with EZDOK Camera Add-in so I can look right/left up/down.  When using all this flying is unusually real, the only thing you missing are the actual jerks from the buffeting.  All of this can be tweaked but it would be great if it was close originally.

I just can't wait, just to have the Dynon panels is going to be wonderful!  Thanks so much Just Flight!!! 
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 9:12am
Hi Buddy,

We have made good use of real SportCruiser pilots during the testing of the product, so it flies as close to the real thing as is possible within the limitations of FSX.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
jeffreymg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffreymg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:13pm
I can't wait for this release as our flight school is thinking about getting one.

JeffG
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buddy Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:42am
Martyn,

Do you know if the Sportcruiser will be released today as it was advertised?  I noticed that the scrolling notice was changed a couple of days ago and now there is no more word of the release.  I told four of my fellow pilots of this airplane about the release and they were planning on purchasing it also.

Thanks if you have any updates!

Buddy
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:52am
Hi,

Fingers crossed for today, although it may possibly slip into tomorrow.

Watch this space!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 1:50pm
This is on sale now!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buddy Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:23pm
Whoo hoo!  Already got my copy and just loaded it up.  Gonna take a quick look at the manual...  I know... "We don need no steekin manual" but just a quick look...  I just can't wait.  Dynon!  He He!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic