This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:52pm
As they say, wait to hit the "send" button...I really am pleased with the airbus. I have Wilco's, Level D, and a couple of PMDG's. It is nice to be able to up and flying for a quick cruize after work. Can't wait for the fix, or for the 737.
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:48am

Did I just hear about a Service Pack addressing the FMC problems in the works?

Is it for the A320 and A319?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:30am
Hi,
Yes its for the A318, A319 and A320.
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 9:20am
Clap
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:58pm
Hi,
The service pack is now available from the support section at www.justflight.com
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:04pm
Thanks will go there shortly.
johnep
gabejo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:16pm
Hi,
I received the e mail about the service pack. I installed it per directions and voila, no crashes. However I'm unable to get the flight computer to recognize a FSX route. When I import the route, the route appears on the cockpit screen. But the GPS/NAV switch and the computer page show the nav route in orange. It doesn't seem to load. On the plus side, it did catch the ILS nicely. It's probably user error? Any ideas...
Many Thanks
Gary
hotelfox View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotelfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 9:15pm
As it seems to me you' re right, Gary!

- The crashes are gone
- The instant FPL now can be flown IFR

But:

FSX default FPL (IFR) just show up in the ND but can not be loaded into the MCDU (at least I didn' t find a way yet). That means, as soon as you will fly somewhere outside the instant FPL routes, you can fly using a FSX default FPL (IFR). The aircraft will follow it (switch 'GPS' and 'LOC'), the route will be indicated in the ND, you will also get ATC guidance but you will have to go without the MCDU in that case.

Please correct me if I' m wrong!   
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 9:24am
Hi Guys,

Can you please shoot these details over to us via email so we can look into them?

Thanks,

Sam

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 2:33pm
OK. Downloaded the patch and just set off on tutorial flight. However, now find on FMC that buttons no longer have the blue bar so difficult to activate. Before I submit to JF, anyone else with this problem?
johnep
gabejo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 10:39pm
I was wondering if there is a glitch with the FSX flight planner loading the .pln. I'm going to try manually pasting the plan into the nav folder to see if it shows up? Let you know what happens--or not
Gary
gabejo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 10:46am

That didn't work either, even though I formatted it the same as the other existing plans...

Gary
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:38pm
I am pleased to report that on the way now to Zurich. Saved flight Ok and FMC had retained flight plan Had a wobble when I went to NAV and LOC and then found needed to be on GPS to maintain LOC.
Just awaiting to see if ILS and APR will work. Last time had me 6,000' too high and overshot with airport far below.
However, cannot now view passenger cabin. I have gone to VC and then cycled through views usin key A.
johnep
gabejo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 12:52pm

Hi all,

Having the same problem regarding the Nav/Loc/GPS and overshoot...APR is iffy.

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 5:45pm
As I approached Rnwy 34 at Zurich, ATC directed to descend to 5,000' until on localiser. After trying to fly through two mountain ranges and having to reposition plane in map view. I have given up and will try a flight to Palma instead.
No pick up of ILS anyway.
johnep
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2011 at 10:28pm
Is the ILS problem confirmed?  With that I think I'm better off with the original version.  I can prevent the crash by just keeping the MCDU at the PERF page but I really need ILS.
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 12:29am
OK tested the service pack game does not crash anymore and I was able to land via ILS/LOC.  But tracking was not smooth. Sometimes it drops too much, sometimes it overshoots.  It depends on the speed and the weight I think so I keep adjusting the ATHR to balance it out using VREF in the MCDU as reference.  Also I had no problems loading flight plans to the MCDU.

By the way, the A319 download link leads to the A318 exe.  I don't know where to get the A319 service pack.
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 2:54am
Originally posted by jomni jomni wrote:

By the way, the A319 download link leads to the A318 exe.  I don't know where to get the A319 service pack.

Update: Many thanks to Just Flight Customer Service for quickly providing the download like to A319. Clap
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 1:28pm
I am still having problems with APR. The horizontal ILS works fine, But have been unable to capture the glide slope no matter how I try. (Ht 2,400' speed 160mph. Before contacting JF help would like to know is it just me or are others having this problem?
johnep
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:56am
Before pressing APR, do you have the ILS button pressed (beside the FD button)?  This will show the ILS diamonds.  Then do you see the vertical diamond in the altitude ladder start moving to the center?  I usually press APR when it is midway from top to center.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic