This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do I have Traffic X installer with SP1 or without?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do I have Traffic X installer with SP1 or without?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do I have Traffic X installer with SP1 or without?
    Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 5:48am
Hi all,

I'm not sure whether the Traffic X file I downloaded (about a year back, not sure exactly) has the Service Pack 1 included, or whether I should try to install it over my installation anyway. I do not want to be installing and uninstalling on a fresh setup!

My Traffic X install .exe is reported as having a file size of 519MB (544 652 888 bytes) and size on disk 519MB (544 653 312 bytes). Would this be pre or post Service Pack 1?

Many thanks!

GregH
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:55am
I have the Traffic X CD-ROM version, so I am unable to help you with checking file sizes.  (Hmmm, I am not sure how the download system works, but are you perhaps able to download the install again, present day, to compare the file sizes?)

Suffice to say, if you are unsure whether you already have it or not, it would be OK to install the Traffic X Service Pack over the top of your installation.  Even if your install does already have Service Pack 1 included, running the Service Pack installer over the top will not harm anything ... it would just put the exact same files on to your PC as are already there.

And, note that there were actually TWO Traffic X Service Pack 1s released.  A short time after the initial release of the Service Pack, a subsequent release of it was done to include a minor last minute change.  Therefore, it probably wouldn't hurt to download the Service Pack anyway and install it over the top, just to be 100% sure that you do indeed have the absolute latest files on your system.
GregH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 3:31pm
Hi Freddy,

This all relates back to my trouble-shooting that annoying Reliability Monitor reporting crashes when FSX is closed normally by me....

Downloading files this size is not much fun in my neck of the woods - slow download speeds, costly bandwidth etc - hence not too keen to download again for "just in case". Hoping someone can confirm and save me the pain Pinch

I put an order in for a new SSD hard disk today, when that arrives (hopefully before the weekend), I shall be installing from scratch (again!). Want to be 100% sure that this is done correctly.
GregH
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by GregH GregH wrote:

This all relates back to my trouble-shooting that annoying Reliability Monitor reporting crashes when FSX is closed normally by me....

Ahhh. Of course.

Slow download speeds and nastly bandwidth costs are a bummer.  So, yes, let's hope someone can confirm those filesizes for you and save you the pain.  I wonder if you send an email to Just Flight Support whether they may be able to confirm the details for you?

Hehe, like you, I don't like installing and uninstalling on fresh setups.  So I completely get where you're coming from.  Nonetheless, with that in mind, it is probably handy to be aware that installing the Service Pack over the top isn't going to harm anything.

I hope it all goes to plan ... and works.  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic