This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xmas came early for me!...........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xmas came early for me!...........
    Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 4:39pm
........... and god knows how much more Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

Just wondering if anyone watched Match of the Day on Sunday at 13:00?

Goals were at 13,35,76,78, ( Ipswich goal was at 28, but thats not important Tongue )

what were your views if you watched it? ( any negative comments on this shall be dealt with harshly  Wink )

Norwich City v Ipswich Town. Now i am a passionate supporter of the Canaries, have been since my grandmother took me to my first game at 6, and when we won League 1 last season i vowed no matter what,i would go to this match, as i had never been before because my dad wouldnt take me when i was younger, as up until a few years ago the matches could get pretty heated between the two sides. ( still do, but not as bad )

Basically for me and every other Norwich supporter this for us was just as good as England winning the world cup, seriously, not exaggerating, mainly because this was the biggest win weve had over our rivals, and because Holt got a hat trick which no Norwich player has managed to do since 1968, and we had a record breaking crowd attendance, brilliant singing, brilliant match, nothing is sweeter than this for me.

overall i was buzzing for hours afterwards, and me and a few mates went out celebrating all night!!!

Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 4:49pm
I have (had) a soft spot for both teams as we are not exactly flush with top-flight teams in the Anglia region. Been to both grounds plenty of times to catch games.
Until recently I would have said "may the best team win", however, since Roy Keane took over at Portman Road I've found myself becoming a definite Canaries fan.
Well done to them, great result.  Lovely that it was live on TV as well.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 3:23pm
did better than manchester united last night Thumbs%20Down and i have tickets for the valencia game which will now likley be played by a second string Cry

Oh well least i can enjoy a drink and a shop in manchester i guess if its not under snow still oh%20how%20I%20laughed

Flightboy
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 11:35am
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

I have (had) a soft spot for both teams as we are not exactly flush with top-flight teams in the Anglia region. Been to both grounds plenty of times to catch games.
Until recently I would have said "may the best team win", however, since Roy Keane took over at Portman Road I've found myself becoming a definite Canaries fan.
Well done to them, great result.  Lovely that it was live on TV as well.

i did record the match on the sky box to keep, however my wife forgot to mention she had a film also on record, so for some reason the sky box decided to delete the match as it only had 2% memory left. i wasnt best pleased. Angry

even though Norwich arent ( at the moment! ) a top flight team, i do think we have one of the best fan bases around ( im not saying this just cos im a fan ), even when we got relegated last season our first game was only about 500 short of a full house, not bad considering this was a team that hadnt been that low for over 50 years. i think most clubs wouldnt have filled half the stadium.
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 2:13pm
767nutter what were your views if you watched it? ( any negative comments on this shall be dealt with harshly I would rather watch grass grow or paint dryoh%20how%20I%20laughedBig%20smilefar to much money in football,get a DVD recorder put on a DVD RW if any good keep it I do not tust HDs if it goes US you can lose the lot stops the wife recording corro  
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 10:55pm
Sorry i cant resist! i know not all of you are interested in football, but as a die hard Canary fan i just to have to share my delight that tonight, at Portman Road, away to Ipswich Town FC, Norwich once again did a tremendous display of football to win! Score was:

Ipswich 1-5 Norwich

Norwich are now heading towards a second automatic promotion this year, we won the League 1 title last season, this season the Championship title is realistically out of reach as we want the current leaders QPR to beat Cardiff on saturday who are only 2 points below us in 3rd to give us more breathing space going into the last 3 games.

Ipswich 1-5 Norwich,

great night to be a Canary fan!!

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 11:13pm
but as a die hard Canary fan

But it's not right how they used to send them down the mines in a cage, so when they popped their clogs it warned of gas.  Stern%20Smile
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 11:50pm
I did record the match on the sky box to keep, however my wife forgot to mention she had a film also on record, so for some reason the sky box decided to delete the match as it only had 2% memory left. I wasnt best pleased.
 if you must record football get a DVD recorder with HD put the match's you want to keep on a DVD R once closed it can never be used again last 100 years cost of the DVD R=20p if clever with it you can get 16 hours on one DVD. NO NEED FOR A PC.  

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 12:18am
Originally posted by GEOFFERS GEOFFERS wrote:

I did record the match on the sky box to keep, however my wife forgot to mention she had a film also on record, so for some reason the sky box decided to delete the match as it only had 2% memory left. I wasnt best pleased.
 if you must record football get a DVD recorder with HD put the match's you want to keep on a DVD R once closed it can never be used again last 100 years cost of the DVD R=20p if clever with it you can get 16 hours on one DVD. NO NEED FOR A PC.  

didnt you already reply to that post about 5 months ago?

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

but as a die hard Canary fan

But it's not right how they used to send them down the mines in a cage, so when they popped their clogs it warned of gas.  Stern%20Smile

no it wasn't on for them to do that, but due to old age Martin i think you may be getting confused with my sentence Big%20smile oh how I laughed Tongue
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 1:12am
just a reminder get a DVD/HD recoder. I never did hear ''there was a tape in the VCR dear''  for the soaps or films.oh%20how%20I%20laughed never need to get AngryAngryAngry then 2VCRs now 2 DVD/Recorders, + cheap portable DVD player HeartThumbs%20Up 

=

dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 8:28am
I never have a problem with recording football matches, I can't stand the game!! I have no interest in it whatsoever.oh how I laughed
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 10:41am
767 Nutter is a cheeky boy. Big%20smile
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 11:48am
idea LampLampLampdodgy alan and I will to go to a footie ground to watch the grass growHeartThumbs%20Upoh%20how%20I%20laughedoh%20how%20I%20laughedoh%20how%20I%20laughedoh%20how%20I%20laughed

767 Nutter is a cheeky boy NO just nuts  on football

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 6:09pm
Quote I never have a problem with recording football matches, I can't stand the game!! I have no interest in it whatsoever.oh%20how%20I%20laughed

Good job I don't live in Bognor Regis because you would have just lost my vote Wink
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 7:39pm
He's just advertised to the thousands of Bognor football fans that are also eligible voters that he doesn't like football.

Thats it then, his plans for election followed by world domination are screwed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic