This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by SamR SamR wrote:

Im not going to lie, im pretty jealous of twright...all of the snow we have had has just been a teaser...if its going to snow I want that much! if none at all

oh how I laughed  I'm surprised actually!  Up until about 3am this morning we had none at all!  It does feel a bit bleak though - outside it's eerily silent!
Kind regards,
Tom
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by SamR SamR wrote:

Im not going to lie, im pretty jealous of twright...all of the snow we have had has just been a teaser...if its going to snow I want that much! if none at all

Look at the snow on these cars...

SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

oh%20how%20I%20laughed  I'm surprised actually!  Up until about 3am this morning we had none at all!  It does feel a bit bleak though - outside it's eerily silent!

Thats what you want, the silence will throw off the unsuspecting kids as you lay in wait with your snowballs.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by SimUK SimUK wrote:

Look at the snow on these cars...

Pfft, that's nothing - had double that on my car in Aviemore over the weekend - let me see if I can find the pic...
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 4:01pm
Norfolk has been pretty varied, Norwich had hardly anything, snowed last week then it was clear within 24 hours, Wymondham had quite a bit, but worst of all was between Dereham and Fakenham, i live in Dereham and my road is like a ice rink, i live in a sort of cul de sac, and one of my neighbours did a 180 slide in his van the other morning while trying to reverse out of his parking space, quite amusing to see that! On Friday about 24hours after the snow started to fall quite heavily, it took me about 2hrs to get to work when it normally takes me 30-45 minutes! Some roads were closed up until yesterday aswell between Dereham and Fakenham.  
It is starting to thin out now though as we havent had a blizzard for a couple of days, light snowfall occasionally but not enough to settle. temperatures average at about -1.

though the other morning after finishing work i went out to my car and it said -6.5, coldest ive seen it yet
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 4:09pm
1cm here. Big%20smile Must be my warmth and love that's the reason.
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:16pm
at EGBG no snow now just all gone. 'lots of brass monkeys looking for welders' Big%20smileBig%20smile
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

Rav View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:29pm
Took the doggies out for a walk this morning.

This is what it usually looks like

[/IMG]

Today

Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:54pm
Nothing here. Just a very light dusting. Not even enough to cover the ground.

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 3:29am
Its been snowing here in Brighton and Hove lightly all day till about 6pm then it just chucked it down with snow and been like that ever since, At the moment we have a foot of snow and its showing no signs of stopping. Like normal the whole of Brighton and Hove has come to a stand still with all buses been pulled off the road, Loads of stuck buses just in the middle of the road with 1 lone driver sitting in his cab. Not a car on the road either. 
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
d9 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:11am
Green grass outside my window in High Wycombe. Mile and a half away the kids' school is closed....

Rob (Very cross, at home with two kids)
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:59am
 d9  I bet you liked it in '63 Heart as you are near my age.

all snow balls Heart walking on ice Heart 

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:07am
It was fun to begin with but I've got to admit it's getting on my nerves now. We're 2 foot deep in the stuff now. I'm supposed to be doing a test at uni today but I just can't get there because all the trains are cancelled. Southern region's 3rd rail DC power supply really struggles in snow!
Kind regards,
Tom
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:16am
how far is UNI Questionget there you may be the Unhappy'on your tod'Embarrassed

d9 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:24am
It was a lot colder in '62/3, and for longer. I was at college in B'ham then - which never closed. The good thing about my daily train ride was that the diesels froze up and were replaced with steam engines! Happy memories of sitting in a warm compartment, cigarette in hand and the Daily Mirror...

Rob.
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:01am

BRING BACK Heart STEAM Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:42am
Originally posted by GEOFFERS GEOFFERS wrote:

how far is UNI Questionget there you may be the Unhappy'on your tod'Embarrassed

I go to City University in Islington, Central London. I commute from Orpington, Greater London/Northwest Kent. On a good day when trains and tubes are running normally it takes a little over an hour. Today there's no trains running!
Kind regards,
Tom
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:07pm
No snow here not a flake can you please send some to blackpool

Col.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 8:42pm
Brrrr, -12 here, and it's not even 9pm!

And I'm off to Oslo tomorrow, where it's -14 during the day! I must be bonkers.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 1:14am
Got 4+ ft of snow here at the moment and no sign of it disappearing! A tree fell over in the garden, too, due to the weight.

@Slopey: Have fun in Oslo!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic