This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Must be my hot body...oh%20how%20I%20laughed

Isn't it amazing how good flab is when it comes to insulation?
Yep, I understand there is a unusually warm spot around the Warwick area apparently.Tongue
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 2:11pm
Is there? Phew, good job I don't live in the Warwick area then. Big%20smile
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 2:42pm
Damn!, you sure? Thought you said before you were there...
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 9:07am
Snow really deep now in Perth and I'm off school today because of it!Thumbs%20Up
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Magic Man Magic Man wrote:

Damn!, you sure? Thought you said before you were there...

Depends how big you make your area. Big%20smile And whether you use my official address... West Midlands.

Actually, Warwick is about a 30 minute drive. Big%20smile And yes, I admit, there is some flab here.

Birmingham area would have been closer, but I still don't live in Bham. 
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 11:25am
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Snow really deep now in Perth and I'm off school today because of it!Thumbs%20Up
lucky you snow going EGBG,M1 clear  [bet the dog haveing fun in it] nice pics Thumbs%20Up  
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 1:03pm
few falkes here that melted by the time i went out today so my lucks holding out Thumbs%20Up

Snowboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 1:06pm
Wait a few days Flighty. Blizzards forecast.

When I was a lad of course, these temperatures were common most winters. Deep snow, frozen pipes etc, etc. Rare these colder winters now.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 1:10pm
We've just had another 3 inches, and thundersnow. Awesome

Will have to shut the office at 3pm so the troops can get home though!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 1:13pm
"Thunder-snow!"

Wow, that must be a special Scottish weather phenomenon. A weather event only super tough Scots can endure. Meters of snow, and an electrical discharge up your bum. Big%20smile
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

We've just had another 3 inches, and thundersnow. Awesome

Will have to shut the office at 3pm so the troops can get home though!

Had a thundersnow yesterday as well, pretty weird. 

All of Perth's shops are also closing at 15:00 so people can get home. 

Snow has just started again her and it's fairly heavy.
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 3:09pm

"Thunder-snow!"

I can remember last year saying that I'd seen flashes of lightning when it had been snowing, and people thinking you only got thunderstorms during the summer...
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 3:13pm
I wish it would just snow here! It's been sub-zero today, and coupled with the Tube strike meant I had to walk through London for an hour in the freezing cold to get to/from Uni.
Kind regards,
Tom
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

I wish it would just snow here! It's been sub-zero today, and coupled with the Tube strike meant I had to walk through London for an hour in the freezing cold to get to/from Uni.

We have loads here in central Scotland, you can have all of it if want. I wish it would stopoh how I laughed
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 6:00pm
Here are a few more pics. of today:
Just hear that school is canceled tomorrow as well.Thumbs%20Up
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 6:51pm
TomA320 you will be OK to make your own Chistmes cards this year Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile NICE PHOTOS
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 2:45pm
Snow hit our region pretty hard last night and it's been snowing persistantly so far all day!  Must have a foot at least! Luckily I don't have to go in to Uni on Tuesdays anyway, but tomorrow when all this stuff has turned to ice I can see chaos on the roads and railways!  A few pics from my window - taken on my iPhone so they're a bit grainy.

Kind regards,
Tom
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by SimUK SimUK wrote:

"Thunder-snow!"

I can remember last year saying that I'd seen flashes of lightning when it had been snowing, and people thinking you only got thunderstorms during the summer...

That must have been quite something! Snow and lightning!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Wildbird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 3:02pm
No one is going to blame you if you send the snow our way, -27C today and they say it'll be -35 by Thursday. :)
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 3:02pm
Im not going to lie, im pretty jealous of twright...all of the snow we have had has just been a teaser...if its going to snow I want that much! if none at all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic