This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to regulate special lives?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supera380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to regulate special lives?
    Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 3:37pm
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice on how to regulate the frequency of special custom liveries in the AI database. I made an observation the other day that the retro livery for the Lufthansa A321 appeared many times at the same airport yet in reality Lufthansa only flies one plane with this distinct livery.

What's the best way to remove the replicating liveries/flights? I know you can regulate on a time basis but what about specific frequencies of a specific aircraft?

Thx
Mark

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 11:04pm
If the liveries are listed as separate aircraft in the Traffic Control Centre (ie, it says something like "A321 Lufthansa 2" instead of just "A321 Lufthansa") then you should be able to do this easily.  And, in this case, it looks like you're in luck, because the Lufthansa A321 is listed exactly as I've shown here in my example.

So, it should be a simple matter of going in to the Traffic Control Centre, opening the Lufthansa flight plans, selecting the flight plans you wish to change, and then individually selecting the specific aircraft that you want as opposed to letting Traffic Control Centre choose one randomly for you.  You do that by using the "Aircraft" drop-down list instead of the "Aircraft Type" drop-down list.  (The "Aircraft Type" drop-down is used by Traffic Control Centre to randomly select one of the liveries for that type of aircraft.)  When you choose a specific aircraft from the "Aircraft" drop-down list, the selection shown in the "Aircraft Type" drop-down list will automatically be removed by the program.

Select the specific aircraft, hit the APPLY AND EXIT button, then the SAVE CHANGES button, and then, finally, go to the Traffic Movements screen to recompile the traffic database so your changes appear in the sim. See this link here: How do I re-compile the traffic database?

I would suggest initially making a change to only ONE flight plan at one airport and then testing to see if it works the way you want it.  If it does, then you can continue on and do the rest.  You wouldn't want to do all of the flight plans only to discover it isn't the livery that you thought it was.

Now, if you do still want the special Lufthansa livery to appear at the same airport as the normal Lufthansa livery, and there are no other flight plans which already cover this, then you would have to create a brand new flight plan so that you have TWO separate flight plans for that airport ... one with the special Lufthansa livery and one with the normal Lufthansa livery. By carefully choosing the departure and arrival times, you can either prevent these two planes from appearing at the airport at the same time ... or ... perhaps you might be happy for that to happen.  It is up to you.

Remember that after making changes, the traffic database must be recompiled so that your changes take place in the sim.  Also remember you can make more than one change to a number of different flight plans, saving along the way as you go, and then finalise everything at the end with a single recompile - there is no need to do a recompile after each individual change.

This will all work if "Lufthansa 2" is indeed the special livery that you are trying to reduce numbers for.  If it isn't, then things get a whole lot more tricky as you need to do some fancy work to try to determine which livery is which and then work out how to change Traffic X so that it shows you the specific liveries that you want etc etc etc.  That task can be complicated and time-consuming and usually requires some external editing of Traffic X's database files using Notepad and Excel etc.  This kind of stuff should NOT be attempted unless you have full backups of absolutely everything AND you are are extremely confident in what you are doing as well as having a very good understanding of how Traffic X uses all the files to compile and create the AI .bgl.  Suffice to say, that discussion is definately beyond the scope of this post/thread.

supera380 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supera380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 8:51am
Hi Freddy,

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.

Let me try this out.

Regards
Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic