This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320 speed chart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A320 speed chart
    Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 7:48pm
Hi, does anybody know where I could get a A320 speed chart for calculating V1 VR and V2.

Thanks
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 10:07pm
It's calculated for you by the FMGC, unless the add-on you have isn't that detailed.
wisemanp View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 10:34pm
If you have the Feelthere/Wilco one, it has a whole document with them on for all different runway altitudes, temperatures, etc.
Regards, Phil

You'll Never Walk Alone
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 10:29am
Thanks, I have the airbus series vol 1 by JF.  Ulthow was just wondering if anybody knew where I could get a speed chart, as acording to captain Alan Dix they use them on the real a/c.
GBL View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 2:58pm
I saw that video, it was free with the PSS A320 Proffessional and with this you had the speed chart i believe.
Aircraft Engines are the sound of Freedom.

ART
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 4:19pm
Yep that is correct they did have a performance and speed tables booklet with the PSS A320. Although I have mabegd to find this on the net if this is any good for you;

Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 6:21pm

Hang on this rings a bell now.

I recall that some add-ons for the convenience of you and I, auto set the takeoff speeds. I recall now that in the bus it is the pilot that sets them based on the charts.
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 6:34pm
With the PSS A320 you were given chats so pilots could work out the speeds manually but the PSS A320 also was able to automatically configuer the take off speeds if you entered the weight and  right clicked on the keys where the speed should be inputted.
Nick B

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by nickb84 nickb84 wrote:

With the PSS A320 you were given chats so pilots could work out the speeds manually but the PSS A320 also was able to automatically configuer the take off speeds if you entered the weight and  right clicked on the keys where the speed should be inputted.
Yes but that was a feature of the add-on, coded by PSS for our convenience. in the real aircraft the speeds are entered manually based on the charts. This is different to the Boeing FMC that does calculate them for you.
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 8:44pm

Yes your right. Always use the charts to calculate my speeds (unless I'm in a hurry Big%20smile)!

Nick B

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 10:40am
Thanks for that link,  it is very usfullSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic