This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic Editor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RNSBristol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic Editor
    Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 6:18pm
Hi, Im new, please be gentle.

I am trying to alter a flight in TE, but it does not show. Its a simple change to an Air Scotland flight to go from Bristol to EHAM instead of Manchester. I have read all the instructions on the web, correctly set and viewed in the right time zone but to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Rich
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 6:45pm

Did you recompile the flight plans after doing the edit?  Did you get any error messages during the compile?  You have to recompile after making changes to flight plan files and if there are errors, it's best to correct them and compile yet again.

Time in FS is pretty snakey - inconsistent at best, maybe even "buggy".  Between local and UTC, plus the complications of BST/DST, etc, it's a wonder any of us know what time it is. 

If you're in the right place at what you think is the right time, check the Traffic Editor.  Sort by the "From" column, and then by "To" so you can check for him enroute to, parked at, or enroute from. 

If he's not there, change your sim time by about an hour and look again.  Give FS a few minutes to get the traffic reshuffled after changing the time.  If he's not there, change the time another hour and keep repeating until you've gone around the clock.  If he doesn't show up in 24 hours, something's wrong elsewhere.

If you add <,240> to the end of his line in the flight plan file, that will force his ground delay to be 240 minutes (at each end).  Doing that (and re-compiling) means you can increment the sim time in 3 or 4 hour intervals when you're trying to find him.

John Allard
RNSBristol View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RNSBristol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 9:53pm
Hi,

Thanks for the post. How do I recompile? I will try that first. I thought save and reloading FS would do the trick after I made the change.

Thx
Rich
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:39pm

Start Button -> All Programs -> Just Flight -> Traffic 2005 -> Traffic 2005 Editor -> Create Traffic Database from all files

I thought that might be it...

Get a cup of coffee while it's running - it takes a while.

John Allard
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RNSBristol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:51am
Hi John,

Thank you for the info. I did as detailed above but keep getting an error that says it cannot compile as the file is write protected. I have changed the permissions on the the file so not sure what to do next.

Best regards
Rich
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RNSBristol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:59am
forget last post... its just compiled!

Yay..
muzikman183 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muzikman183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:11am
Hey guys! i'm late, but whats next after recompiling?
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:22am

The resulting traffic bgl file must be put in the following location if it's not already there...

[FS9 Root Folder] -> Scenery -> World-> Scenery

The file must be named Traffic*.bgl, where the "*" part can be anything or nothing, but of course can't duplicate the name of another traffic bgl that's already there.  It's OK to rename it if necessary. 

FS can operate with multiple traffic files in that location and will display the trafic in all of them simultaneously. 

The traffic file can be used whether JF Traffic is on the machine or not, but of course the aircraft need to be or they won't display.
John Allard
muzikman183 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muzikman183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 6:58am
oh how I laughed nevermind
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 7:13am
Did I say something amusing, muzikman?  You might want to share the joke...
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic