This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Longest Runway = 0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edfathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Longest Runway = 0
    Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 6:42am
Hi guys sorry if this has been answerd but i have searched high & low for an answer. One of my local airfeilds is showing a "Lng Rwy 0" meaning the Ai cant land anything there. Is there away around this?
Thanks in advance.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 2:07pm
Which airfield is it?  You could try editing it with ADE (on the FSdevelopment web site) but this sounds like a helepad.

Greg
Greg
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 7:37pm
In FS9 there are 4 helipads around the world,,, however as I have found tonight where the airport has no runway...
How it is in AH I don't know...
Z13E (Bihta). There was a case of someone else with an airport and no runway in Germany somewhere back in the summer holiday months I think.
How do I handle them in AH? Surely I'll be punished by scenery?
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Imho Idrk so nvm.

edfathead View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edfathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 2:43am
It is the Redcliffe airport in Brisbane Australia "YRED". The Runway is around 853 Meters in reality (2780 Feet).
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 2:52am
In FS9 the default, stock airport at YRED has a single runway, 2799 feet X 59 feet, and it displays OK in FS9.  In my FS9 AirHauler, the longest (only) runway is correctly shown as 2799 in the Bases table.

John Allard
edfathead View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edfathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 3:04am
Well I did install scenery for the area. I'm using FSX buy the way. Is there an easy way to edit the length? Will the problem be in airhauler or FSX?
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 3:09am

A couple of things...

Did you run the AH scenery import?  If not, do so immediately.

Next, before anyone edits anything, establish whether the airport is correct in FSX.  Try placing yourself there, then Top-Line Menu -> World -> Map.  Click on the + button a couple of times to zoom in a little, then click on the airport and open it.  The text description will have a runway table at the bottom.  See what is listed for the runway length there.  If that's OK the problem is in the AH data table.
John Allard
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 3:59am
The default YRED shows fine in FSX, 2799 FT.
Greg
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 4:03am
papeg,

What does it show in your AH Bases table?

John Allard
DaleM View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 5:24am
There has been a thread about YRED previously and I had also experienced the same problem in the past.  I use FSX, and now use YRED often in AH as a delivery point from my base of YBAF. 

One thing I did was to download the ORBX scenery and installed that. http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html The addon is provided free, and improves what YRED looks like in the default FSX.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 12:13am
Originally posted by allardjd allardjd wrote:

papeg,

What does it show in your AH Bases table?

The AH database says it has 1 runway, 2799 feet long, No ILS, Has lights, and there are 5 gates.

Greg
Greg
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 12:38am
Ed,

It sounds as if the AH Bases table is corrupted.  You might try running the AH scenery import again, but I'm out of my depth here.  It sounds as if your FS is OK.  The problem seems to be in AH.  Slopey may have to jump into this one.

John
John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:00am
Lets wait for Ed to reply,

Quote Well I did install scenery for the area.

Uninstall that scenery and reimport.

Or, copy your company somewhere, uninstall, reinstall, patch and run AH. Start a new company but DON'T import scenery. Check the runway length. Now import scenery and check the runway length. (Then copy your company back and run an integrity check).

Sounds like the scenery to me. The most recent patch lets you land at zero length/width runways without taking surface damage (as these are indicative of "scenery" rather than proper runways), but it won't let AI land there as it doesn't change the runway length per se.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic