This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show us your cars!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show us your cars!
    Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 7:24am
As the title says, show us your cars! I would love to see what members on here drive.

Me, i have two cars myself at the moment, first is my favourite, a Vauxhall Astra 2.2 Sri.
I bought this car last year after having owned a Rover 25 1.4, as a typical young driver ( i was 21! ) i wanted something a bit quicker, and as my neighbour has one of these and i saw it being driven quite alot i kind of fell in love with it. Just to say the exhaust, spoiler and alloys are all standard, i have made NO mods to this car at all, as to be honest it doesnt need any!

Just before i took these pics i had spent a hour or two washing, waxing, polishing my car, gave it tyre treatment, alloys polish, exhaust polish, all over really, as it might have to go up for sale soon, hopefully not, but will have no choice if it needs to be, so these pics will be used.

If you look at the pink car, its a 1988 classic Mini, and its my wifes! she absolutely loves it. which i can understand why, around my town there are alot of classic mini drivers, and when ive been in her car ( its a very tight squeeze for me!! ) she does get a beep and thumbs up from the other mini drivers.

My second car is one i had bought recently, its a Renault Clio 1.5 cdti, and it is my daily driver for now as i do alot of miles per week, its not too bad, obviously not a patch on my Astra speed wise but is better than the Astra at one thing, and thats fuel economy!! MPG is around the 65 mark, and tax is £30per year, compared to my Astra which does about 31MPG and cost £235 per year to tax.

Thats it so far, will get some photos of my wifes mini loaded up at some point.

So dont be shy show us your cars! Smile

Twright im especially keen to see yours as i do like the look of the 206's!
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:02am
I too drive a couple of cars, one is my own and the other is my partner's.

I own an MG ZR. No mods or alterations but its the highest spec model, so has everything I need. Lovely car to drive, very revvy and sticks to the road like glue.

My partner's car is a very sensible Corsa. Another lovely car, excellent MPG and very comfortable. An ideal second car as I get both the excitement of the MG and the practicality of the Corsa!

(Not a pic of the actual car in question)

I'm quite tempted to get one of these when I've racked up some miles on the ZR:

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:28am
My First car was a '97 Punto 1.2 racing red, brilliant first car although had afew hairy situations along the A14 with you havent got ABS!

My second car I brought for 4.5k, was a '02 plate VW Golf 1.4 SE

Lovely car, my favourite thing about it was the blue and red dials...I miss 'em!

Sold it for 2k to a lad in Afghan so that I had the money in the bank as soon as I got back and brought my 56' plate Seat Ibiza FR 1.8T in January!

Great motor to drive, thirsty and rather rapid! Insurance is a kick in the nuts but I'm still 22 after-all....a car paid for from the fruits of my labour. Stuck in a green cotton box air filter to help the Turbo breath easier.

I always dreamt of having a Leon cupra in the future, who knows!

GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:32am
Cry I can not drive any more  Cry but a Vauxhall Astra 2.2 Sri Thumbs%20Down [are you a boy racer ]Question it drinks to much, a Renault Clio 1.5 cdti is much more my cup of tea with 65 MPG 1988 classic Mini HeartI did love my little Mini, I did have a Peugeot 405 GL-TD  with it's 45 mpg and 110 mph Broken%20Heart miss driving that one.
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:41am
I doubt (hope) that nobody here would come under the boy-racer title:

Quote Boy racers refers to people, usually males in their late teens or early twenties, who "cruise" around in vehicles modified with loud exhausts and stereos, and/or modified body kits

I suspect we are far more likely to fall under this category:

Quote Car enthusiasts who drive sporty cars, or those modified to perform better, typically seek to distance themselves from the boy racer culture

Unfortunately any male in their early twenties with anything sportier than a Clio or Corsa tends to fall into a boy racer category. Its always interesting to see the difference in other driver's attitudes towards me when I am driving my partner's Corsa, compared to when driving my MG Thumbs%20Up

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:39am
Well i drive a 52 plate Kia Sedona at the moment as the wife shows border collies and need the room for all the dog stuff she takes with her as she dose not drive. The road tax is a killer as it has a 2.9 under the bonnet. Would love an old VW camper van from the 60's or 70's.

Col.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 12:55pm
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 1:53pm
I like your cars Magic Man Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile 

Speedbird-001 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 2:03pm
Well I wish I had the money for a car! oh how I laughed

Some lovely cars there...I've always like SEAT and the leon does look nice! Big%20smile

At the moment, I just drive one of my parents cars, but its very rarely! Disapprove
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by GEOFFERS GEOFFERS wrote:

Cry I can not drive any more  Cry but a Vauxhall Astra 2.2 Sri Thumbs%20Down [are you a boy racer ]Question it drinks to much, a Renault Clio 1.5 cdti is much more my cup of tea with 65 MPG 1988 classic Mini HeartI did love my little Mini, I did have a Peugeot 405 GL-TD  with it's 45 mpg and 110 mph Broken%20Heart miss driving that one.

No actually im not a boy racer, i hate that term! Martyns definition is quite accurate, around my town we have loads of young drivers who put loud exhausts on their small cars and drive constantly round the town center, which i do not do! , the government wonders why we have global warming? thats the case!!

Martyn that MG is nice, when i was looking for a diesel i was thinking of going for the 2.0TD. Plus i am looking in the future at getting that nice blue corsa you pictured, the VXR, either that or an Astra VXR,

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 3:29pm
Great motor to drive, thirsty and rather rapid! Insurance is a kick in the nuts but I'm still 22 after-all....a car paid for from the fruits of my labour. Stuck in a green cotton box air filter to help the Turbo breath easier.

Insurance is a rip off in the first place, you just got to know who to go with, when i had my 1.4 i was with Tesco and they wanted £1100 on my renewal, when i mentioned to them i would be getting my Astra they wanted over £2000! Found Elephant and they charged me just £900 for the Astra, its silly what some companies charge you.

And i like your decision to put in a better filter, didnt bother in my Astra because as it is a N/A engine wouldnt make much difference.

Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 3:37pm

It's seen better days:

I wish oh how I laughed

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 3:50pm
Just needs a good polish!
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 7:29pm
in my youth I was a rally driver Thumbs%20Up and a bit of a boy racer at times, Big%20smile well I did have{happy days} a LOTUS CORTINA MRK1=12 mpg. I do have a photo of it, if I can find it it. can I put it on. it was a long time ago now, Insurance was a killer[Quote me] I can not drive any more  Cry[Quote me] saddest day of my life,all done on PC now Unhappy[SAD]Unhappy

dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:08pm
This is my current car, Fiesta 1.25 GL Zetec,

Until recently I was also running this one, A 1986 Skoda Estelle. we dragged it out of my mates field a few years ago in this condition.

And after restoration we sold it last month. I didnt really want to but being unemployed i just couldnt justify the extra money for tax, insurance, MOTs and maintenance required to keep her going.She's now with another enthusiast.

The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:25pm
 sticks to the road like glue.    = likes to go round corners very fast.

the excitement of the MG = likes to drive very fast for the thrill.

I always knew Martypoos was a speed merchant. Wink

I have a Fiesta, called "Rabbit" he's a member of the family. I could show you a picture, but he isn't posh, expensive, flashy, or a speed merchant's car... like MartYn's.

I want to see magic man's car, so I can make fun of it.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 8:34pm
I can not drive any more  

Is there any chance of your condition improving Geoff, and perhaps driving some time in the future?

What happened with your accident, if you don't mind me asking.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 9:17pm
Everyone knows what a Mazda6 looks like....?
Can't find any piccies but it is a dark blue one and goes like sh** off a shovel!
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:56pm
I haven`t got a pic but mine was the very plush and exclusive RR Smile  Yes, the Reliant Robin, I had a Saloon and a Supervan MK3.  Insurance was about £53 a year for the Supervan, that was the first one.  We had a parting of the ways when I took a series of bends at low speed in the Saloon and turned it over on its side then hit a concrete post and split the bonnet in two.  A bolt missing from the steering box and another loose one didn`t help I guess.

Before this I overtook a TR7 in the fastlane on the motorway.  I don`t know who was more suprised, him or me.  I used to gun it a lot as it was fast as heck, had a few mods too.  But you move on, its an experience like my 80-90 motorbikes since I was about 15.  All long gone but hey, might get the lottery finger pointing at me yet.  I don`t ride or drive for speed but hey we were all young once.

Now rip me to pieces Wink oh%20how%20I%20laughed

Steve
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:10pm
Nothing wrong with Reliants providing that you dont drive them like a complete tw-t. AKA Jeremy Clarkson! theyre great fun and very nippy around town. the best of the lot of course was the Bond Bug 700 which looked fantastic but was lethal in the wet as the back end was heavier than the front, nevertheless it looked futuristic and sold in large numbers in the 70s, You try finding one now though !!oh%20how%20I%20laughed
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic