This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X-FSceneX-757 Captain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfoxc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X-FSceneX-757 Captain
    Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 5:01pm
Hello there,

I've just installed brand new boxed versions of TrafficX, FSceneX, and 757 Captain. FSX started up with no issues at all, but I could not start a short IFR flight because I could not send ATC send messages to the Tower in the usual manner (Through ATC window on FSX). I guess something has changed the way FSX works with these new products.

Can somebody please advise on what to do?

Thanks!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 1:45am
The default key to bring up the ATC window in FSX is "`".  So, the first thing you should check is the key assignments in FSX to see if that default key has been changed by one of the installs.

Traffic X does not change that key ... and ATC still works with Traffic X installed ... users on this forum will confirm that.  So, therefore, one could assume that Traffic X is not the cause of this issue.  If the default ATC key assignment "`" is still correct in FSX, then the next step might be to use a process of elimination ...

Uninstall the products, one at a time, to find out which one may have be causing the issue.

Uninstall 757 Captain ... test to see if ATC works.  If it does, the problem was probably introduced by 757 Captain.

If ATC still doesn't work, leave 757 Captain uninstalled and now uninstall FSceneX ... test to see if ATC works.  If it does, the problem was probably introduced by FSceneX.  In this case, you could now re-install 757 Captain and see if ATC still continues to work.

By a systematic process of elimination, you should be able to determine if either of these products caused your issue.  And, then, after that, you can ask more specific questions on whatever relevant forums or web pages (FSceneX or 757 Captain) to see if others are having the same issue.

wfoxc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfoxc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 4:49pm
Without unistalling anything yet, I tried flying a plane other than the 757.  The ATC worked just fine and as usual, and it seems Traffic X is really making a difference in how the FSX world feels like.  But it does not work when I jump on my new 757, and I wonder if I'm just not doing something I'm supposed to do to get the radios (ATC) working.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:47am
If ATC works fine for everything else, but not when you jump on your new 757, then logic says that it is something to do specifically with 757.

Using Google I found a PDF aircraft checklist.  I cannot be sure the checklist I found is indeed the one for your 757-Captain.  It may have actually been for the Captain Sim 757 product.  Nevertheless, the checklist I found suggested there is more to it than just using the default FSX "`" key to talk with ATC.  It looks like you need to push a few buttons and flip some switches to dial up the frequencies and enable (turn on) the radios, before you can communicate with ATC.  Whether this checklist was for 757-Captain or not, it does highlight that these kinds of add-ons are often a little more complicated than the standard default FSX aircraft and therefore they usually require a few more steps rather than using the standard FSX default options and keys.  You are wondering if you're just not doing something you're supposed to do to get the radios (ATC) working.  Yep, that's probably the case.  Therefore, with that in mind, I would suggest the 757-Captain manual is probably your best place to start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic