This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Traffic...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogtrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Traffic...
    Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 4:24pm
....yes, have read the earlier post regarding similar problem.  In this instance however there has been no other AI program installed. Initially Traffic X worked but has since ceased to do so. All I get are static aircraft at airports, and empty skies.

The built in AI for roads and sea are functioning fine. I have uninstalled Traffic and reinstalled, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions/ideas would be welcome. Cheers, Arnie.
Arnie

...if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

i7 4770K : GTX 770 : 8GB Ram : FSX Gold : P3D : X-Plane : W7 64 :
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:44pm
If things are working fine ... and then stop working fine ... the next usual question is "What did you (recently) install or change?".

When did you notice it was no longer working?  Was it after you installed a new scenery package, a weather program, an AFCAD file, or even a new airplane?  Did you make any recent changes to a .CFG file or modify something else in the simulator?

If you have installed something new and it contains its own AI (which you may not even know it has), or installs something that includes an old style .BGL file as part of its components, then it could cause a problem like this.  It could even install some static planes, made using the old Flight Sim tools, and those static planes "conflict" with Traffic X's AI in some way ... etc etc etc.  Try uninstalling the most recent thing(s) you installed and see if that fixes it.

If you made changes to the way FSX works, for example editing the FSX.cfg file, or increasing slider settings etc, then change them back to what they previously were and see if that fixes it.

And so on and so forth.  It's a process of elimination.  It WAS working ... so what changed to make it NOT work?  Find and remove that change, and logic says it should work again.

Failing that, it's back to the usual suspects ... you've read the earlier posts regarding similar problems ... posts that mention old style .BGLs and the like.  It wouldn't hurt to do all the relevant checks for those anyway, just in case.
dogtrack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogtrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 10:32am
Hi freddy, I installed GEX Europe, which I suspect may be the culprit. That said, I was unaware that it would damage AI Aviation Traffic. Or indeed any AI files.  Given that Road and Sea Traffic still work, it is a bit of a mystery.

Have run a copy of AI Flight Planner in search mode. Looking for older FS9 files but alas it came up blank.

Will uninstall GEX and see what happens. If problem persists will do a full reinstall of the system from scratch.

The irritating thing is I have just spent about a week installing everything onto a new Rig. Having been out of FS for a couple of years because my old machine wasn't up to running FSX...ah well, such is life.

Anyway, thanks for your input.   Arnie.
Arnie

dogtrack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogtrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 2:41pm
....plesed to say that having uninstalled GEX Europe, aviation AI is behaving as it should.
Arnie

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 11:50pm
Ahh.  Glad to hear it is working again.  The uninstall of GEX Europe fixed it.  OK, you now know what the "cause" is ... so, if you still want to use GEX Europe, you can probably set about investigating why GEX Europe is the culprit.

I notice that you have already put some "feelers" out there about it (I saw your post on Simforums.com).  Interesting that NickN stated GEX Europe only installs scenery and no AI components and therefore should not affect your AI traffic.  NickN is well respected for his knowledge and understanding of all things Flight Simulator ... so I would not doubt his comments.  That said, I can't help but wonder if perhaps GEX Europe installs any static objects or static aircraft which may be the cause.  Still, at the same time, it is hard to doubt someone with NickN's knowledge ... so the mystery deepens.

Keep searching for the answer.  Forums such as Avsim.com and Flightsim.com are other great resources.  If you do happen to stumble across it, I would be curious to know.

As a side-question ... what happens if you re-install GEX Europe now?  Does the AI disappear once again?  Just to confirm for sure.
dogtrack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogtrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 11:06am
Alas, I am not brave enough to try another install. All is sweet now and hopefully will remain so.

In future will stick with "layer" scenery. Rather than anything that makes heavy changes under the hood. Plus FEX which I love to bits.

...getting a bit too long in the tooth for excessive "stress & grief", perhaps I should have taken up knitting instead....
Arnie

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 10:38pm
Knitting.  Hehe.  Yes, Flight Simulator can certainly be one of those "if it aint broke, don't stuff with it" things.  It is apparent from reading forum after forum that people who do have problems with it are usually those who have installed many add-ons (on top of many other add-ons) and/or have done multiple "tweaks".  Personally, I find it best to just "leave it alone" and it runs perfectly.  Although, I do have three add-ons ... and only three ... Traffic X and Orbx's FTX for Australia, along with one aircraft: the very excellent North American Navion Rangemaster v2 (which is freely available from many download web pages).  I do see a lot of other great stuff out there, and some which really tempt me ... but, at the end of the day, I resist and my Flight Simulator runs fine with no problems or glitches.  Hehe, in my IT job, I also find that Windows itself is much the same.
dogtrack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogtrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 10:13am
Never was a truer word spoken.   C Ya freddy. Regards, Arnie.
Arnie

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic