This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Announcements > News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Microsoft Flight Sim Announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 8:14pm
Wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Approve, the only thing that im worried about is if my many flight simulator addons will work with the new one!
SlimNasty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimNasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 8:22pm
If I can put in my two pennies worth...

I think this will be a fly with your mates style game, but may have what they conceive as a simulation side like games like Wings of Prey have, it's just not what any of us would call true simulation.

It will probably be a good product in itself, but I am wondering if they go for quality of graphics and only include parts of the globe instead of the whole thing to bring in more people to purchase it. Which is fine.

What we don't want is the XBox lobby style where the game picks a host out of the players and there is no form of anticheat protection what so ever. I hate the concept of having to join another player hosting, who will be somewhere else in the world with a rubbish ping and then wait a further minute to wait and see if all the players join, like COD 6 for instance, drives you insane !

On another note there is still Aerosoft's intentions and I am not sure how many of you are aware but the old Aces Studio employees started up their own company last year, they say they are doing projects but don't say what, maybe they might be working under a liceince with Microsoft on this new product and just maybe we may get some of what we would like to see, or maybe they will make their own...

Only time will tell, look them up Cascade Game Foundry: http://www.cascadegamefoundry.com/
SlimNasty
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 8:24pm
Well according to http://www.microsoft.com/games/fsinsider/

It's going to be announced at Gamescom 2010 which runs from Tomorrow (Press only) until the 22nd. Let's hope that it's a more detailed announcement than a quick animation and a name.

Let's also hope that it is a new Flight is actually a simulator (PLEASE M$!!!) and it only uses the Live format for multiplayer modes with the social networking element that's already evident in the XBox console.

I suppose whatever arrives, it's better than "Aces is closed, simple, bye simmers (Y)" that we got previously.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 8:38pm
Lets try not to fall into the trap of making assumptions and writing it off before hearing/seeing anything.

Due to the fact their isn't really much you could do with FS in a "gaming" way I'd be enormously surprised if it isn't a proper simulation.
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Alaaar Alaaar wrote:

I am just thinking loud, is it possible one day that we will have a machines that looks like a good part of cockpit (not like the odd ones we see on the web), Yaw and throttle quadrants, panels and gauges,

Look at Sputnik's display, I'm sure he'll be kind enough to show us!

And anyway, it HAS been only just announced, as RAS says we shouldn't jump to conclusions... but we should still be allowed to speculate. But I wonder... how many of the press actually Fly using an FS of Fly in RL often... I bet most don't.
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:07pm

I am just thinking loud, is it possible one day that we will have a machines that looks like a good part of cockpit (not like the odd ones we see on the web), Yaw and throttle quadrants, panels and gauges,

And anyway, it HAS been only just announced, as RAS says we shouldn't jump to conclusions... but we should still be allowed to speculate. But I wonder... how many of the press actually Fly using an FS of Fly in RL often... I bet most don't.
Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:30pm
Thank you Slopey I ll keep the idea in mind who knows 
Just love to fly....
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:50pm
I will now put of getting a new PC till I know if you need a very high spec computer to run the FS. my PC runs FS X at 10-20 fps now  FS X has far to many trees and the wrong type.  On the very short clip the aircraft did look good over the ocean,it more the land I want to see  city and towns!!!!! so you can fly true  VFR looking at railway's church's roads,when I did a lot of flying there was no GPS it was lookout of the window or call ATC for a fix if you got lost  
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:09pm
The graphics look AMAZING. However, as with FSX, it is WAAAAAAAY ahead of its time. People won't be able to run it with maxed graphics, decent addons, with decent frames for years after it's released. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about it, but only now am I starting to save up for what I consider to be a supercomputer to run FSX when Microsoft Flight won't even be able to run well on it.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:13pm
I doubt the graphics will even look like that, a lot of the FSX previews never resembled anything of the actual game. 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:09pm
Quote The graphics look AMAZING

Don't confuse a pre-rendered marketing video with the final product. There are no indications you're seeing anything more than a "we need some video of a plane flying around and clouds to promote a new product we've not finished yet" short.

Remember the FSX DX10 water effect preview "screenshots"? Yeah, right.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by NotYet NotYet wrote:

Thanks i will see that product hopefully it works
Just love to fly....
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:56pm
Yes that is true and I was wrong to post that. However, I think we can all agree that whatever the final product is will be years ahead of its time. It will be years before anyone can run it properly. By properly I mean graphics maxed out, smooth FPS, with heavy FPS-hitting addons.
Scottie View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 2:27am
Easy choice for me.  Sticking with FSX and all the addons I love that don't come with it.
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Quote The graphics look AMAZING

Don't confuse a pre-rendered marketing video with the final product. There are no indications you're seeing anything more than a "we need some video of a plane flying around and clouds to promote a new product we've not finished yet" short.

Remember the FSX DX10 water effect preview "screenshots"? Yeah, right.

Agree to that Slopey, and even if it does look like that when it is released, whats the bet that even the best computer around at that time wont be able to run it smoothly? We'll just have another product that makes readers of PC Pilot write in asking why they cant get decent framerates even though they have bought the newest graphics card out, or fastest processor etc etc etc etc etc Ermm
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:12am
Loving the specumulation Approve

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:39am
Looking at the video its clearly not going to be compatible with any i7 hardware so anyone who has spent a load of money on one of them is going to have to throw it out and downgrade to an i5.
Doesn't look like its going to work with any existing joysticks either which will be a shame.
The 3D cockpits should be great though, as long as you have a 3D equipped monitor or you won't be able to use Flight at all

Specumutilation
SlimNasty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimNasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:48am
I am not sure how you can get from a rendered video that it won't run from an i7, not that it bothers me or my i5

Also I think people are underestimating the power of new technology, I mean just get a six core processor and add FOUR of the top graphics cards in either SLI or CROSSFIRE and I am sure you will be fine. I happen to think my i5 and 275 GTX will run it, okay not at full settings, but FSX isn't on full here and I think it is fine, if i didn't would I play it would be the question?

The water effect should be achievable in game as it works in Ship Simulator I have seen it and when you look at REX2 then you can make the sky look nice too, not to mention games like Wings of Prey that look smartish, but okay not a sim.

I think we will be fine and when they finally bring it out and developers get a chance to write some add-on (if the can) then somewhen in the next 10 years we can put away FSX.
SlimNasty
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 10:51am
BUt the pirce and power of computers is reducing all the time. FSX nearly failed, but the computer market caught up and made it all work... my computer is 3 years old and can only just run FS9 with no addons except the Freeware RAF bases at Justflight... now I hear that some people run FSX off their laptops... I was planning to upgrade to FSX in three years time or so when computers are cheap enough to run FSX for me... may be Flight instead...
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:33pm
@SlimNasty, RAS was musing...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic