This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Announcements > News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Microsoft Flight Sim Announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 8:36pm
But what I'd like is a 'Game Over'. I know it sounds cheesy... but, it'd help. Not a crash and a regurgitation at my Departure Airport... especially if I'm two hours in...

but if it was a mixture of Online multiplayer/shoot'em up/AH, that'd be rather cool - dodging spitfires in a Cessna Grand Caravan round in teh Grand Canyon... that's what I miss... and I wish I was targeted... civlian flying is rather dull nowadays, much rather fight for the right to fly my cargo in peace undamaged... even the ocassional hijacking - fly me to XXXX, then onwards to the destination airport!

Still, this is someone who gazes at CFS3 and 4... betcha can't get AH on them though
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Imho Idrk so nvm.

ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 8:38pm
oh how I laughed
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 9:31am
Originally posted by GEOFFERS GEOFFERS wrote:

Originally posted by BY Nicholas BY Nicholas wrote:

I thought I would add my two-penneth regarding FS reminiscences.

The bottom line is, at 60 years old and with mobility problems, FS is a means of escape into an infinity of length and breadth that I cannot achieve otherwise. I shall await further announcements from their lordships at Redmond and make my decision (probably based on the price) as and when.

I am 61 years young also with mobility problems, FS is a best means of escape for me too. I still have all F/Sims from 95  up to FS X.Thumbs%20Down a good game I made up today, was to fly using both FS 2002 Big%20smile and Heart FS9 Thumbs%20Up at the same time,the same aircraft from same  airport EGBG landing on RUTLAND reservoir,I do have a system of, 2 PCs on one monitor, 1 joystick 1 keyboard Approve  just press a simple Exclamation switch ..it was good fun Clown

I too am of an older generation, I turned 50 in June, I too have health problems, (not the least being only 1 third of my heart works!). Flight simming is great fun but i really cant justify spending a fortune on it. (the wife would kill me!) So long as the sytem I have works and looks good I cant see the point of changing it. Maybe if my PC goes bang or the whole thing collapses I may consider it but until then I,ll stick with what I have.
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 9:44am
Originally posted by BANichols BANichols wrote:

When someone calls me a nurd and tells me I ought to get out more, I say, "But I have just carried (insert cargos) to (insert airports). A round trip of (insert distance). Where have you been?"

I like your way of thinking , I find the same thing, I like the challenge, Also by running real world weather it makes an interesting way of checking the days weather ! on a personal note the experience of taking one of the big propliners through a storm and into a successfull landing gives a great sense of satisfaction, and a lot of respect for the guys that did it for real when I was growing up. No shoot 'em up game can do that, besides as far as I,m concerned there is far too much killing going on in the real world without playing at it. My only concession to that is my original version of CFS which I occasionally fly and which proves that air to air combat is a lot harder than you'd think.
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 12:11pm
A new game now=I have a MIG29 Heart on fs9 that goes supersonic with the trasonic pressure wave and very loud sonic boom 'fly as close to the tower' without crashing I have NICKS CRASH on fs9 that looks good, I can also eject, if I get it wrong. it is just like the PARIS AIRSHOW [FUN]all done in tower viewThumbs%20Up Do love a good display real or sim
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 6:51pm
I miss having no supersonic boom, especially in my 747 that I slew up to 99,999ft and drop ... more particularly in my F22A at 50ft AGL...

Imho Idrk so nvm.

GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 12:18pm
NotYet Do you have any more aicraft that go supersonic with the with the trasonic pressure wave and very loud sonic BANG. the MIG 29 Heart is the only one I have to do it well without 'overspeed' showing up all the time Question I have it ''Down to a T'' dive to tower 'BOOM' pull up turn, back to the tower 'BOOM' as close to tower as possible Thumbs%20Up somtimes I crash Thumbs%20DownI have NICKS CRASH on fs9 for that.  no need to cheat and slew up to 99,999ft thats in class of Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 unreal for a 747 oh how I laughedClown

NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 7:02pm
So as close to tower as possible? I've always had cockpit view... I'll try it :)
I have F14, F15, F16, F18, F22 and all should hit 1200knots at sea level...

Imho Idrk so nvm.

GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Not Yet Not Yet wrote:

So as close to tower as possible? I've always had cockpit view... I'll try it :)
I have F14, F15, F16, F18, F22 and all should hit 1200knots at sea level...

do they all have the sonic boom Question only my MIG 29 in FS9 has the boom dependent ALT 350 knots high 750 knots, low I did it 3 times today about 150-300 ft away from the tower 2 crashes, Dead I do cockpit view as well, with FS X did 800 KNOTS in a F4 and nothing I do not use ''Y''cheating 1 take off 2 a bunt or stall turn @ 1000-2500 ft low as possible  3 aim for the tower 4 BOOM at the tower 5 turn round and land, minimum fuel, without a crashing or running out of fuel     

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 8:51am
Some more info:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q:
What is "Microsoft Flight?"
A:
"Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.
Q:
How does “Microsoft Flight” differ from “Flight Simulator?” Why the new name? What’s changed?
A:
With “Microsoft Flight” we’re approaching the virtual flight genre from the ground up, with the focus on the universal appeal of the experience of Flight. We believe the simplicity of “Microsoft Flight” perfectly captures that vision while welcoming the millions of existing Flight Simulator fans. The new “Microsoft Flight” retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity.
Q:
How does Games for Windows – LIVE factor in?
A:
Games for Windows – LIVE introduces a new level of connectivity to virtual flight, enhancing both the social and game play experiences of the title. Content is updated virtually. You can fly solo or join an entire global flight community online. You can easily connect with and facilitate flight experiences with your friends. The addition of Games for Windows - LIVE creates an ubiquitous virtual world of flight that offers easy and engaging access to the magic of flight for all.
Q:
Who is developing “Microsoft Flight” now that ACES is gone?
A:
“Microsoft Flight” is being developed internally at Microsoft by a team that includes many of the same creative minds that helped deliver countless entries in the “Flight Simulator” franchise.
Q:
Why did Microsoft shut down ACES Studio last January?
A:
Microsoft Game Studios is always evaluating its business model to determine what is best for both gamers and the company. Many factors were considered in the difficult decision to close ACES Studio, but we feel the 2009 closure helped us better align with our goals and long-term development plans. "Microsoft Flight" is being developed by many of the same creative minds that shaped "Microsoft Flight Simulator," and we're excited about delivering a new take on this classic franchise.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 10:03am
Well well well, seems there might be something to get excited about after all!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 10:53am
Well it sound like they are keeping the flight sim going but we will have to wait and see what the end product will be.

Col.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 11:13am
To be honest, from the feedback that I've read on various forums, I don't think MS can win over the masses. Regardless of what information they provide, a large proportion of the community simply don't trust MS to deliver the sim that they want. I suspect that a large amount of the scepticism came from the DX-10 saga and the scrapping of the ACES team, but each release of FS has had this problem to a certain extent.

Looking at the FAQs that they have posted on their website, they are clearly keeping a close eye on the comments made by community members and are well aware that there is a fear of a dumbing down of the franchise. Personally I think they are intelligent enough to realise that a huge proportion of FS users will accept nothing less than a sim which allows the modelling of complex aircraft. I don't think that anyone should be worried....
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 5:30pm
Not sure if u guys have already seen this or not, new vid:

If its already been posted my appologies Thumbs%20Up
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 6:12pm
They're still not giving much away by the look of their new video. 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 7:18pm
"not giving much away" would be the understatement of the year concerning that video.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 7:26pm
 TomA320 They are not letting us know much my so called'Pig care worker Pig' still claims his daughter's boyfriend has downloaded it, from god knows were AngryAngry he should pay like we all do Thumbs%20Up

crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 8:12pm
Hey Geoffers cool down man how can they have a download of a program that is still being programed. So that one must be a big fib if you ask me.

As they cant have a copy of the game/sim if its still being programed can they.

Col.
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:32am
I think he's a speaks a lot rubbish, I told him it's not done yet. if he was not my care worker Pig I'd tell him to get lost

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:49am
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

They're still not giving much away by the look of their new video. 

I don't think they have got a lot to give away...
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic