This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Announcements > News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Microsoft Flight Sim Announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Alaaar Alaaar wrote:

Tom, there are 3 buses under development now Aerosoft, Air simmers and Flight lab, which one would you pick assuming similar price ?

FSlabs, certainly not AirsimmersWink
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:58pm
From what we've seen so far, as it's mentioned it's an "inclusive" experience and tied into Live, I think it'll be consumer orientated - read, pretty visuals, lacking in complexity.

This has "fly with your mates on X-box" written all over it, not "fly in heavy metal into huge airports hand flying an ILS down to minimums in a systems based procedural simulator".
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:37pm
Tom, there are 3 buses under development now Aerosoft, Air simmers and Flight lab, which one would you pick assuming similar price ?
Just love to fly....
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:35pm
I'd bet money that nothing that currently exists will be compatible with "Flight". Just my own personal feeling
Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:35pm
I guess you are right it wont be good for the industry....I was only imagining the perfect FS..I think it wont be real.
Thanks   
Just love to fly....
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:34pm
What's the bet the Airsimmers 'bus will be released just as Microsoft Flight comes out and it won't be compatible !oh how I laughed
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:20pm
^^ If all that happens there won't be anything left for add-on developers to do Wink
Alaaar View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:15pm
I wish and pray
(Sorry that I mention some products by name and sure, I missed a whole bunch of them)
That the new Microsoft Flight will have the following:
•     Models detailed in and out with fully functional systems like MD-11 from PMDG, E-190, CS or others.
•     External and internal lights like those of Shockwave.
•     Deep and real sounds of cockpit and engines.
•     Call outs that is adaptable and easy to configure like those of edit voice packs.
•     Textures as good as Mcphat products.
•     Advanced traffic system, like X traffic or My X traffic.
•     Weather program that is advanced like REX-2.
•     Very advanced sceneries at least to all major cities and capitals of the world and main historical places and major geographical features, similar to Orbix or Earth simulation.
•     Accurate land class so you don’t see a missing mountain or seeing a forest that is not there.
•     Intelligent ATC that gives you correct routes, SIDS & STARS and more interactive.
•     Flight planner.
•     Navigational charts that includes SIDS & STARS for all airports.
•     Fuel calculators and route finders and other utilities.
•     Add ones like Fspassenger, Air haulers and passengers flight map built in.
•     Data recorder system to store and analysis flight data so you get to learn from your own mistakes.
•     Online flying (multi player) capabilities that is advanced and not stopping every 5 minutes, because of lack of developments because it’s freeware.
•     Dual / Multi screen display that is easy to use with no additional hardware.
•     Online instant support for all products 24/7
•     Hardware to support all the functions and designed especially for FS
•     Hardware accessories should be designed especially for FS like Siteck products.
In addition, let us pray that we no longer suffer of the following:
•     CTD or OOM or similar
•     Low FPS to reach 4 or 3 ??
•     Fatal errors
•     Nickn’s tutorials
•     Nhancers
•     Registry cleaners
•     Anti viruses
•     Memory enhancers
•     3G key for memory recognizing??
•     The UIAutoMationcore.dll crashes.
•     Windows 7 64 / 32 or Vista 64 /32 or Windows XP and of course service packs.
•     Display drivers V+200 or 190 or….
•     Administrative rights issues in windows 7.
At the end, I meant to say that FS is more than a hobby it has become a life style to many of us, instead of paying $1,000 - $2,000 on a course of 2 years span, and getting frustrated on and on with errors, all at the list above I experienced personally, I hope there will be one day a professional system that has it all.
Regards

Alaa
Just love to fly....
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 1:20pm
Who thinks Aerosoft will continue with their new FS? 
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:30pm
Could do with the "preview" lasting a bit longer to see what it really looks like but the little bit they have put on look pretty good Big%20smile
Bradpl6 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradpl6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 12:11pm
That has got to be one of the worst "Sneak peeks" I have ever seen Cry
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:49am
Hi All,

Looks like Microsoft have surprised us all with the announcement of a new flight sim in development! "Microsoft Flight"

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

I don't have any more info than what you can see on that website but it does sound as though they are hinting that they might have started all over again with a new engine etc.

We will see...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic