This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Announcements > News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Microsoft Flight Sim Announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wildbird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Microsoft Flight Sim Announced
    Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 6:25pm
Look at the shadows moving on the aircraft, and even better: in the cockpit... Soft and subtle, but it's there and it's those things that add immersion.

The sim can't be too advanced, that would kill the finances, but as long as it makes a good foundation and it's easier to develop addons for I'm pretty sure it'll be a success with us simmers. :)
Transport Steve View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transport Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:16am
I see you have to go on the Games for Windows Live online thingy, with maybe SecurRom or, something else infestated on your computer, that'll put a few people off purchasing it.

Cheerz.  Transport Steve.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 8:44am
Considering how early in the development process it is, I'm not surprised that it looks like a slightly tweaked version of FSX. Hopefully we'll start to see evidence of major improvements as it progresses!
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 2:39am
I did notice from the latest webisode that the aircraft weight may be taken into account with graphics. The lightweight aeroplane would tilt a little while on the ground and the flight controls were being used. Perhaps there may be a more realistic feel? We shall see.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:48pm
Or maybe FSX was a few years ahead of it's time!

The default scenery in FSX with high settings is actually pretty decent, I'm not surprised it looks similar, most sims will. What'll be interesting is the requirements to run the thing, and if they have better flight dynamics modelling.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Graphics looks pretty much the same to standard FSX, I think. 

Yes, that's what disappoints me. One would expect to see significant advances after four years. Disapprove
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 5:47pm
Graphics looks pretty much the same to standard FSX, I think. 
ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 5:30pm

I think the graphics look reasonable Ermm, allthough any add on such as REX would make it look insanely better! Tongue

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 3:26am
Thanks for posting Thumbs%20Up

What's everyone's thoughts on graphics? I'm not very impressed. Hopefully REX will be quick to come up with a product for it.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 10:11pm
Hey guys, dunno if youve seen this new vid:

Webisode 2 Lift

Shows off a bit more of the game, bit on the cockpit aswell   :)    Sounds to me like some kind of ingame tutorial, but I dunno   :P
Concorde216 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concorde216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 1:01pm
They have an FAQ section at http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/ .  It will hopefully answer (albeit too briefly) the question on many simmers' lips...will it look after the interests of the dedicate long time Flight sim fans.
Concorde216
"All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR-2 simply got the first three right." - Sir Sydney Camm
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 6:19am
Here is what I have been reading:
Think I will pass on this one.
johnep
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:49am
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

They're still not giving much away by the look of their new video. 

I don't think they have got a lot to give away...
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 2:32am
I think he's a speaks a lot rubbish, I told him it's not done yet. if he was not my care worker Pig I'd tell him to get lost
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 8:12pm
Hey Geoffers cool down man how can they have a download of a program that is still being programed. So that one must be a big fib if you ask me.

As they cant have a copy of the game/sim if its still being programed can they.

Col.
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 7:26pm
 TomA320 They are not letting us know much my so called'Pig care worker Pig' still claims his daughter's boyfriend has downloaded it, from god knows were AngryAngry he should pay like we all do Thumbs%20Up
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 7:18pm
"not giving much away" would be the understatement of the year concerning that video.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 6:12pm
They're still not giving much away by the look of their new video. 
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 5:30pm
Not sure if u guys have already seen this or not, new vid:

If its already been posted my appologies Thumbs%20Up
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 11:13am
To be honest, from the feedback that I've read on various forums, I don't think MS can win over the masses. Regardless of what information they provide, a large proportion of the community simply don't trust MS to deliver the sim that they want. I suspect that a large amount of the scepticism came from the DX-10 saga and the scrapping of the ACES team, but each release of FS has had this problem to a certain extent.

Looking at the FAQs that they have posted on their website, they are clearly keeping a close eye on the comments made by community members and are well aware that there is a fear of a dumbing down of the franchise. Personally I think they are intelligent enough to realise that a huge proportion of FS users will accept nothing less than a sim which allows the modelling of complex aircraft. I don't think that anyone should be worried....
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic