This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320 Jetliner: Bravo Just Flight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 6:49am
Yup, thanks. windows kept telling me 'new progs installed' and found there. All safely stored in my Flt Sim folder. Notice tutorial for repaint. That is something I have been looking for.
Thanks all.
At moment distracted by flying the cruise route my nephew will be doing for his 10th anniversary. I have changed from the cessna to the Grumman and loving landing on water. Yesterday found a site offering dozens of ships (some pilotable) for use in FSX. I have been looking for the cruise ship (Celebrity Summit) as love sending him pics of my landing nearby. A good forum friend sent me the link for timestoppers and this has worked like a dream. Might be brave enough to post a pic or two on the forum.
johnep
WILLI C View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLI C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 7:57pm
Have the same model A320 and very pleased with the product, have done couple flight IFR using MCDU loaded routes but cannot do a Cardiff EGFF to Manchester EGCC wehich usually via N864 AIRWAY BCN + Brecon to WAL Wallasey route with waypoints. Is there way to manually put VOR /waypoints in MCDU or is it possible to get a download data for routes from variuose airports
SHIFTY051 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHIFTY051 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 9:03pm

I have a bit of a problem when the A320 is in daylight hours everything is fine but when darkness the A320 has no texture(skin) I'm not sure whats causing this.Cry

NIGE
WILLI C View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLI C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by WILLI C WILLI C wrote:

Have the same model A320 and very pleased with the product, have done couple flight IFR using MCDU loaded routes but cannot do a Cardiff EGFF to Manchester EGCC wehich usually via N864 AIRWAY BCN + Brecon to WAL Wallasey route with waypoints. Is there way to manually put VOR /waypoints in MCDU or is it possible to get a download data for routes from variuose airports

EDIT : is there a site with files for the A320 F LITE to update the routes /waypionts
Regards Willi
skydrew69 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydrew69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 4:49pm

Would look great in Air Malta and Monarch repaints - please anyone!?

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 5:31pm
Oh dear!. Just shows how necessary it is to spell everything out for us relative novices.
Having quite a few problems with the tutorial.
1) Could not do the fuel crossover until switched on battery.
2) Put in the autopilot settings and thought that was that(no little green lights as on default planes)
3) Made an error inputting the flt level. No way could correct it so had to reset flight and start again. (My goodness that jetway seems slow)
4)The MCDU listed all the dozens of flt plns I had entered before. Pressed 'next page' until noticed re up and down buttons.
5)Worried me for a while that tutorial stated V2 was 147 knots, and Vr 145. Realised was a typo.
6) Not sure of basic settings required for best airport effects in A320, so set to defaults and minimised road and boat traffic.
7) Thought that had better close the doors and disconnect the jetway, no mention of this in tutorial. Forgot the first time. Good job had problems with open doors on the 747 or would have taken off with them open. Needs a mention.
8) The push back truck refused to move from it's parking position and pressed shift-p several times for varying lengths of time before plane started to move of own accord.
9)Was so concerned about backing into the pier behind that used top down view and therefore did not start engines during push back.
10) Taxied to runway as indicated and found myself on 27L rather tahn 27R.
11) During roll out aircraft tendied to wander from side to side although I had AP on.
12) Took off Ok but seemed to want to fly level and speed steadily increased to overspeed despite Athr switch showing green.
13) Pulled back on stick and in no time we were stalling despite having set rate of climb etc.
14) Wondered why no confirming green lights to show AT, Alt Hld etc all on and then when
in a stall again finally discovered that had to click on centre of selector buttons. Easy when you know how. All that was needed was 'conform selection by clicking selector button' AP and AThr were just the arming. Had similar problem with the 747 as did others at first.
15) Turned to 100 degrees but no sign of route until flicked on Garmin and then discovered about 100 miles in wrong direction.
16) At this point called to afternoon tea duties and saved. Lets hope reloads with doors closed as this is continuing problem with 747, have to reset.

Will let you know how I progress. My aim is to amke a video of the tutorial.
johnep

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:21am
I wrote the tutorial, so if you need any assistance or want something clarifying, feel free to ask.

Quote Worried me for a while that tutorial stated V2 was 147 knots, and Vr 145. Realised was a typo.

Those are the speeds provided by the MCDU:

Quote Taxied to runway as indicated and found myself on 27L rather than 27R.

Sounds like you need a Sat Nav Wink

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 9:39am
Thanks Martyn, no criticism of you intended. Very much enjoyed your video shown on national TV of the NY river landing. Perhaps a tutorial video could be provided with the next project. Will be repeating the flight until reasonably perfect and I will attempt a video. 'A320 for Dummies'
Windows provides Movie maker, so presume this can be used to edit. At moment wil be reloading to continue climb to 34,000.
Advice on optimal settings as used by you would be appreciated.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 6:55pm
Doh! Looked at making a video and says can only be played back in FS. Any hints somewhere in the forum on making a video that can be put on Utube?

Reached 34,000 and started looking at MCDU. Perf came up OK but when tried to get PROG, no joy. Computer rumbled a bit and the hourglass just went on and on. Finally got message that computer encounterd a problem and would have to close.
Decided to restart from the beginning. Put settings to default but maxed airport vehicles and cleared all scenery except western Europe. Oh dear, no sign of any jetway. Back into settings and maxed autogen and graphics. jetway appeared so decided to retry PROG. computer protested again. What I need to know is which setting will get the jetway to appear, max autogen or max graphics?. Otherwise what I propose to do is to get the jetway fitted etc, then go back and minimise settings in hope that can then get MCDU working properly. One again into the breech comrades.
johnep
BuddyDog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuddyDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 11:24pm
johnep,

Didn't know if you are flying the tutorial, but the jetway did not work for me there.  It works in regular flights.

I found I have to ask for IFR clearance before loading the flight plan into the MCDU.  Before that all I got was VFR taxi routes, if I entered the flight plan in the MCDU before geting clearance.

I tried my first real shot at ILS on a 28L landing at San Francisco and it worked great.  Just have to remember to put your ILS frequency in the first slot for the Nav radio after entering it in the second slot.

I have found a source for headings and frequencies for ILS at airnav.com.  Just punch in the airport and it displays the runway list.  The click the ILS for nav frequencies.

I haven't had any problems with the PROG key on the MCDU.  Might consider checking for registry errors?

I don't have jetways at every gate in FSX.  That seems to be an issue with FSX.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:48am
Thanks I have a registry check prog and will do so after logging out from here. Not yet found the ideal settings for A320. I have settings I have found worked for various flights saved under flight name/description.  Thanks for the info re ILS frequencies, will save them in flt sim folder.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 8:26pm
Having problem with saved and then reloaded flights. Selector switches changed and flt plan on arc display vanished. If reload Flt Plan, wants to take me back to Heathrow.
Solved by looking at shortest distance listed in Prog on FMC and then putting in Direct.
This re-established me on the right track. Had similar problem with the 747, where found selector stuck on INS and front doors wide open. On resetting usually solved.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 7:51am
Still having problems. I decided to fly the tutorial IFR. First problem was that list to add in FMC just has departing airport so had to scroll down and check before found Heathrow-Zurich. In future will rename flt plan LHR-ZURIFR. However, after reloading from a save, Flt pln absent from FMC and have to put in again as above. Then, if ask for IFR clearance get the Hourglass until MS says encountered a problem and crashes out.
Hardly got to Dimal yet.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 8:18am
Wanted to ask at Duxford but JF demostrating the Spitfire so very busy. Currently on reloading a saved flight, the flight plan vanishes and if I then re insert is white instead of purple line and Nav/loc does not work so have to follow line on heading.
Will struggle on.
Whole show was brilliant, but worked out very expensive with having to pay out to board various aircraft. Best of show to me and my son was the F16 display.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 2:43pm
Had another try today starting from scratch LHR IFR to Zurich at 34,000.To save time started at active runway. However, all I got from ATC was departure taxi request n,s,e,w etc.
Could not get ATC to allow request for IFR flight.
Will try again from scratch to see if applies to the Flite 747. If so then considering complete reinstall of FZX, A320 and 747.
All seemed to stem from a request for IFR transit from a way point. Prog just showed the hourglass and finally 'froze'. In the end had to switch off and start up again.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 10:42am
Having had to go around Zurich despite having APR selected, tried with other planes at other locations. Appeared altitude control by localiser not working. As a trial tried the monsoon mission into Changi and same result. On correct glide slope approach but no effect on altitude and flew serenely over the runway. (No problems before).
Will now uninstall FZX,Flite 747 and A320 and ask for another download. IFR problems seemed to rest with the A320, so will leave this until thoroughly tested reloaded FSX.
The Monsoon mission is an excellent test of systems. Just wished could keep the weather and change the plane.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 1:52pm
Just uninstalled everything. While doing so, noticed several progs had a 'repair' button. Anyone used this option with success?
johnep
raymar99 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raymar99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by BuddyDog BuddyDog wrote:

johnep, 
I found I have to ask for IFR clearance before loading the flight plan into the MCDU.  Before that all I got was VFR taxi routes, if I entered the flight plan in the MCDU before geting clearance.

I have found a source for headings and frequencies for ILS at airnav.com.  Just punch in the airport and it displays the runway list.  The click the ILS for nav frequencies. 

Also, you can click on World then Map (in the windowed mode) for all the ILS frequencies and headings for the entire world without leaving fsx.  You need to zoom in so you can click on the airport of choice then every freqency for everything you can imagine is listed for you, along with all the runways, lengths, elevation, etc.

RayM
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 8:06pm
Thanks Ray will check that out after I reinstall tomorrow. Tonight I defragment the disc.
johnep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic