This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rudder / Prop pitch observation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rudder / Prop pitch observation
    Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 2:23pm

Congratulations to JustFlight and Aeroplane Heaven for this superb add-on, but I have one little niggle with the aircraft in this package, not so much a problem (because I can live with it) as an observation. I use a Saitek X52 Pro and Saitek rudder pedals, with the slider on the X52 set up for propeller pitch. When I use the pedals to operate the rudder the rudder pedals in the virtual cockpit move in the opposite direction, and the same applies with the propeller pitch control (I’m not sure on that one with the Me 109 because it’s such an odd control anyway!).

This does not effect the operation of the controls in any way, for example from an external view the rudder still moves in the correct direction. I don’t have this problem with any other aircraft. As I said at the beginning this is not a complaint more an observation and I can live with it as long as I don’t spend my time looking at my feet when I’m flying (my flying bad enough without doing that anyway!) Wink

Regards,

Ian.

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 7:59pm
Yep your correct the rudder pedals are displayed reversed...........My prop is set up on my Saitek X52Pro on the Throttle Rotary 1. So its either Fine at the top or Course, guess its a matter of choice?

But its a lovely sim and a proud memorial to the brave pilots......I was so inspired I tried to do a movie. Went great until the copyright law spoiled my musicUnhappy  I had to use what You Tube told me to use!

Have a peek here:

Best Wishes.
Herky

PS if you want to look at any of my simple first efforts I am Herky231 on You TubeEmbarrassed
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 8:50am
Hi,

These are issues that are present in the boxed version, but were addressed in the download versions. We will release an update for BoB in due course, addressing all known issues.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 10:45am
O.K thanks Martyn.

Regards,
         Ian.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:49pm
Hi, in addition to the above;-

I have just noticed the Compass besal has no lubber line and the function is reversed.

The p8 compass in the Martlet functions correctly. ie. turn besel to desired course, match up with lubber line ( normally straight ahead or 12 o clock) then turn the aircraft so the main needle points North and you are flying your desired course.  In the Spitfire and Hurri its reversed?

Regards.

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic