This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Archer III Ballooning w/Flaps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirabili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Archer III Ballooning w/Flaps
    Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 12:22am
I have been flying the Archer III for awhile and I am trying to figure out a way to stop the un-natural and strange ballooning that takes place when the flaps are deployed. I have flown about 13 different Archers in real life over the years and I have never had one act like the sim when deploying the flaps. This is just very strange. I have looked into modifying the [flaps.0] section of the aircraft.cfg but no matter what factors I change, the behavior is still not right. Does anyone know the factor combination to get the ballooning to act more real life? When you are locked in a smooth approach down and ILS and deploy the approach flap setting of 10 degrees, the aircraft goes nose up and almost stalls out. This is just weird. In real life the approach flap deployment at 90 knots is hardly noticeable. Thanks for any help.
jj163 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 4:18pm
If you  haven't already - Have a look at:

Tells you how the aircrft.cfg file is made up etc etc.  It may help you.

jj
PPL, Night,IMC

"I used to be a pilot until I took an arrow to the knee."
keenrw View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 10:57am
I know this s an old topic but is there a fix for this or can any one tell me what settings to change ? Thanks

Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic