This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Final, Holland vs Spain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup Final, Holland vs Spain
    Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 11:23pm
Well the World Cup is nearly at an end, just the 3rd and 4th place match and Final to go.

Holland Vs Spain

It will very exciting and nervous for both fans of Spain and Holland, seeing as neither have ever won the World Cup, and i know i will feel sympathetic for the losers.

I am a bit undecided in who to go for, The highest position Spain have reached in the World Cup history is 4th, whereas Holland have finished second in '74 and '78 plus 4th in '98.

My dad is definately supporting Holland as he drew them at his works sweepstake, meaning he will win £50ish. When i eventually choose i think i might go and put a tenner on the chosen team.

So what team are the rest of the justflight forum members, ( mods i aint forgotten you! ) going to root for?

I know some of you are not interested in the World Cup but if you were asked who do you think would win, what would your first answer be?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:03am
I would like to see Holland win. I was hoping for a Germany Holland final.

However, something tells me it'll be Spain.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 8:07am
I'd love to see Holland win it but I can't see them stopping Spain. Two excellent teams that love to play football so it should be a good final.

Spanish football is heading into a real golden age at the moment. Barcelona have put together probably the greatest club side ever to grace a football pitch and will be unstoppable next season and their international team could dominate for another 5 years. 
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:05am
I'll go Holland due to me daughter having them in her class sweep-stake and stands to win a new eraser if they win, so much excitement in our household over that! 

Spain have been a joy to watch,  Great watching how patient they are in midfield - possession, posession and more possesion and then strike, totally comfortable on the ball and a seemingly telepathic understanding between all players. Just imagine if Torres was on form. 

So Spain edge it but I have to stick with the Dutch.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:12am
Spain are much better then Holland technically but when Holland want to play then can be one of the hardest teams to beat. To win the game both should look at the German defensive organisation they held the line very well and had seven or eight men behind the ball whic (from a attackers point of view) is almost impossible to break down. I can see another 1-0 to Spain.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic