This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747-200/300

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shunti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747-200/300
    Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:53pm
Hi all, having tried to follow the tuturial in the manual my 747 goes into a very steep  pitch whilst climbing thus causing a stall i have set the climb rate to 2000 ft and have also set auto throttle at the said speeds and of cause activated the auto pilot. can anybody tell me if i am doing something wrong. 
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 7:51am
I too have this problem with both the FSX 747 and 737. Yesterday had to terminate prog as plane was going from stall to overspeed in a few seconds. the bombardier in FSX has no problems. I too would like an answer.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 12:31pm
Had the F-Lite 747 delivered Saturday. First take off Gatwick to Palma this morning.
1) I start with engines running, how do I set up so is cold and dark.
2) Could not find the elevator trim wheel. Looked either side of throttles panel, but could not see.
3)Finally plonked plane on active runway. No way were they going to allow me to fly from 26l alternate runway was either 8l or 8r.
4) Advanced throttles to Vr speed but no response to pulling back the stick (Saitek 8r-01)

Any help from you experienced 747 flyers would be appreciated.
many thanks
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 2:06pm
Contacted JF who gave me directions re download of CLS manual. Very helpful for the panels, but still no sign where elevator control and indication is. In the end I switched to spot view and used num lock 2 to visually set.

Also viewed mission introduction to flying jets and found I was yanking back on stick too much.

Returned to 26L Gatwick and this time took off with no problems. Then had same problem of too steep a pitch and subsequent stall. Will try again.
johnep
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:49pm

Hi there,

If you wish to start in 'cold and dark' load a default Cessna 172 turn off the engines avionics (all switches), then if you load another aircraft (using the alt key then selecting a new aircraft) it should be in a cold and dark situation.

To change the elevator trim press 'A' to enter virtual cockpit then navigate to the pedestal on the left hand side you can change the trim setting (the trim setting is usually about 4)

You can 'trick' ATC in giving you the runway you wish by changing the wind direction in the weather options (You take off into the wind, so if you want to take off from runway 6 make the wind blow in from a 270 degree direction)

Remember to set flaps to 20 for takeoff.

See diagram below of the Autopilot:

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ben435

Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:11pm

Sorry my apologies,

If you wish to take off from runway 6 have the wind coming in from 060 degrees.

Basically have the wind the same heading of the runway you wish to use.

Thanks

Ben435
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 9:22am
Yesterday managed to get off the ground at 26l Gatwick but soon fell out of the sky. Overnight I realised weight could be a problem and halved everything. Today took off Ok but after couple of minutes started to pitch nose up, stalled and crashed. Thanks for tip about setting the stabiliser from virtual cockpit. Usually use 2D because difficulty in seeing the instruments in virtual.
Note that RAS has 767 tutorial on 5min.com. What we simpletons need is a video following the booklet tutorial Gatwick to Palma with everything gone through slowly. Ideally, would like to be able to purchase video of this tutorial and also one of an actual flight in a 747, maybe not to Palma. Note that Air France flying A380 to Paris so with the rationalisation of airlines would probably make sense to use a large aircraft in holiday season and reduce nbr of flights. Good for finance and ecology.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:12pm
Oh dear! One problem after another, Tried to select heading but switch just snapped back to off. Then took an outside view and found all the doors were still open. Selected icon and diagram appeared. I high lighted the doors and pressed shift + e, but nothing happened. I tried control e. But again nothing. Getting desperate now and inclined to throw the whole thing in the bin.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 4:14pm
Thanks for clear pics. I looked in vain for the nav/gps switch. Then read about clicking INS button (Pic above shows OFF in this position). This got the plane following the GPS and at long last on my way across the channel.
If I succeed, may even make a tutorial video myself!. May be able to use the included video editor Movie Maker for editing.
Thanks for your help and advice.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 10:57am

Having overcome Auto Throttle problem (Stall warning sounded) by switching to manual, thought would take pic. Then discovered all doors open and unable to close as before. HELP! before all my passengers die.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 9:29am
Reloaded after last session and doors all open again. What is more the AP selector stuck on INS. Tried to select APR but just snapped back again. What with the AT having no effect beginning to think I am jinxed with this plan. Result of no APR and ATC expecting me to get down from 10,000 to 1,700 when almost on finals. Crashed.
Will start again from Gatwick and flt pln on GPS. Then in map mode can move plane to south coast of France to try approach again.

Had the prog two weeks and have yet to have a proper flight in it. Hope the A320 promised will perform.
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 3:17pm
Set up for VFR Gatwick to Palma by GPS. AT would not work neither INS, but just used GPS to help keep on course. Used map view to speed to Riviera and commenced descent. Nice to have no interference from ATC. Just got Palma approach to give runway and used ILS.
Might fly like this in future. Can now get back to Hawaii - San Francisco leg of my flight from Tokyo where ATC simply directed me into Mauna Kea.
johnep

PS Still need to know how to get AT to work and how to close/open doors properly.
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 7:09pm

Hi johnep,

I’m sorry to hear you are still having issues.

I have not come across the door issue (this is something you may need to discuss with Just Flight).

As for the autothrotle you need to arm auto throttle by flicking the A/T switch to ON then to engage autothrotle you need to press the flick the switch below the speed selection window to IAS then you may need to press it again to activate it (you will now if it is activated as SPD will be displayed on the flight mode annunciator.

I do not use the INS facility.

Thanks

Ben435

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 7:45am
Thanks Ben will try as you say. Must say I have trouble reading the small print on the info bars. Is this what you mean by the 'flight mode annunciator'? Will be reloading shortly. My nephew is in Tokyo at present and I like to mirror his trips in FSX. The FSx 747 was directed into Mauna Kea at Honolulu which is why I bought the flte 747. But I cannot get the doors to close. Am going to the Duxford show and will ask about there.
johnep
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2010 at 9:54am
Hi John,

the flight mode 
annunciator is highlighted by a green box in the image I posted above (I have pointed to SPD HLD in blue, this is what you need to look for if this is sown autothrottle is 
definitely on).

Enjoy 
Duxford
 I have been to the museum in the past.

P.S If you do contact Just Flight about the doors, please let me now the solution for future reference.

Thanks
Ben435
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 7:10am
Thanks Ben, could not read print, but noticed flashed on and off when clicked IAS/Mach switch. Eureka!. Now all I need to know is what does the Course CRS switch do and how to operate it. The doors being open linked to problem with the INS,HDG switch. Solved by reloading. Must be a little bug somewhere.
Thanks again, I was getting desperate.
johnep
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 8:06pm

Nice to hear I have been of some use haha,

The course can be used to set up for an ILS approach, You need to find out the frequency of the runway you wish to land on and the course using the map in FSX.

Then enter the frequency into the box above the flight mode annunciator (FMA), ensure flick is switched to NAV 1.

Ensure the switch to the right of the course box is set to NAV1.

Than flick the autopilot tracking mode switch to APR, as you intercept the localiser HDG mode will disconnect and the aircraft will track the runway centre line.

As you intercept the glide slope ALT HLD mode will disconnect and the aircraft will follow the glideslope.

Here are some images to help:

If you need any more explanation don’t hesitate to ask (I found it confusing to follow my own instructions!)

Thanks

Ben435

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:52am
Thanks Ben, I do set the ILS frequency and turn on Nav 1. However, just select APR and have no problems. Whatever course reading is set, seems to have no effect. Good cockpit shot.
I will be at Duxford one day for show.
regards, Johnep
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 8:41am
Hey John,

Yes I think the course just sets the localiser pointer to that heading.

Thanks
Ben435 
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 8:13am
Localiser pointer? When click on APR do get vertical and horizontal diamonds displayed, Will see if VOR dial is what you mean. Must say usually ignore it. Never got to grips with VOR and Rod kept throwing me off the lesson. I enjoyed the film (name?) of the drop sprayer who missed Norfolk Island in the pacific and was guided by an airliner to New Zealand. GPS would have solved his problem with ease.
Perhaps you could consider making a video of the 747 trial flight Gatwick-Palma.
The doors problem happens when I reload a saved flight. The INSetc selector switch doesn't work and looking outside, the doors are open. Can sometimes be remedied by resetting.
regards,
johnep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic