This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I reinstall FSX and Traffic X no longer works.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acrook48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I reinstall FSX and Traffic X no longer works.
    Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 9:32pm
I had to reinstall FSX because of another add-on, and in my FSX folder everything from Just Flight is there but even after readjusting everything in the TCC only the default GA traffic appears. Is there an entry that is supposed to go into the dll.xml? Or do I just need to re-download the product?

Thanks,
                          Adam
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 12:46am
Traffic X adds certain file paths to the FSX.cfg that will need to be restored in order for FSX to locate the Traffic X aircraft.  Your reinstall of FSX would have put on a new default FSX.cfg file and that probably doesn't have the Traffic X paths in it.

Luckily, Just Flight do have a downloadable restoration utility which will do this automatically for you.  Go to the Just Flight Traffic X FAQ web page to download the utility: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=182&supportProductName=Traffic%20X

If that doesn't work for you, then maybe you will need to reinstall Traffic X.
acrook48 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acrook48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 12:51am
Well I would if I could, I deleted the installer by mistake a long time ago and I can't redownload Traffic X for some reason, when I view my purchase details on my account my purchase history does not show, only a message that says "Unfortunately your purchase history is unavailable at this time" do you know how to fix that?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 12:53am
My mistake ... I edited my post whilst you were typing yours.  Please re-read what I have written above.  Try downloading that restore utility that I mention.

For your purchase history, it sounds like you may need to contact Just Flight Support.  You can find a link/email for that on that same Just Flight Traffic X FAQ page that I referred to in my post above.

acrook48 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acrook48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 1:53am
Well I sent a support message, hopefully they will be able to help me with my download problem, the restore utility didn't work but thanks anyway for the advice.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 10:52am

I really thought the restore tool might have been the solution.  Let's hope Just Flight Support can head you in the right direction. Smile

acrook48 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acrook48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:22pm
Hopefully :)
acrook48 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acrook48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 6:53pm
Uh I reinstalled Traffic X but I have a new problem (sorry) When I launch FSX I get multiple messages that say "There are multiple objects with the same title name" and then lists every AI aircraft in the Traffic X folder. What should I do to fix this?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 12:23am
Before installing Traffic X, did you uninstall your original Traffic X installation first?  It sounds like duplicated names or files or folders have somehow been created.

I am not sure how to specifically diagnose and fix your issue.  However, I saw the following post on Flightsim.com ...  It is specific to WOAI (World of AI) aircraft, not Traffic X, but nonetheless it may provide some ideas for you:

(Note: Always remember to make BACKUPS of your files BEFORE you edit them.)

================================================== 
On Flightsim.com, Easy Flier wrote:

How do I fix this problem?

On Flightsim.com, David "Opa" Marshall wrote:

..... you would just go to the aircraft folder it refers to, open the aircraft.cfg file (using Notepad) and check the title= line of each variation.

Each one must be unique and apparently you have one or more whch are duplicates. When you find a duplicate, simply add a character or two to the title= line so it is no longer a duplicate of another one.

That should correct the problem.

This likely happened when you added some new variations to the aircraft.

Hope that helps.

On Flightsim.com, maxc wrote:

have a read half way down this page as I have shown and hopefully given enough on how to fix this problem.

Just one other thing search to see if you have two folders wtih same name. Delete one and try.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is the information below in the aircraft.cfg file in this folder WoA_RWAI_A10 that should work FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoA_RWAI_A10\aircraft.cfg

Make a backup of your original and copy and paste this into the other aircraft.cfg file overwriting and see if this fixes your problem. There may be other conflicts so be patient but do have a read of link above.

[General]
atc_type=FAIRCHILD
atc_model=A10
editable=1
performance=A10
Category=airplane

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight = 20450.0 // (pounds)
empty_weight = 11700.0 // (pounds)
<rest of example file deleted here to conserve space>

acrook48 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acrook48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 1:17am
Well I tried editing the cfg titles but they still have common names, actually they are each unique but i don't know why FSX sees them as similar.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 3:31am

You didn't say whether you uninstalled Traffic X first?

I would uninstall it and go again.  When you uninstall, check that there are no left over Traffic X folders that didn't get removed.  I don't know what keys (if any) are used by Traffic X in the Windows Registry, but you should probably also check the Windows registry to make sure there are no left over entires in there.  When you are certain no traces of Traffic X remain, run FSX.  Does it load and work?  Or do you still get the error?  If it does load and work, THEN, and only then, install Traffic X.

If you think all of that is a bit too drastic ... uninstalling and re-installing etc ... then you should check not only if TITLE is duplicated inside the aircraft.cfg files, but also check/search for duplicated filenames, duplicated folders, etc.

I really don't know how FSX and its many folders and files and pointers etc all come together ... I just accept that I run it and it all loads and works.  I wonder if you have an FSX folder that is called, say, "JumboJet1" and you have a Traffic X folder in a different location which ALSO happens to be called "JumboJet1", are these considered by FSX to be duplicated?  If they are, then that could explain your error message.

You probably should also check your FSX.cfg under [MAIN] and locate the Simobjects path list.  Check that list.  One of the Simobjects paths in FSX.cfg will be set to point to the Traffic X folder which contains the Traffic X AI aircraft.  Make sure that this path actually exists and that it is indeed correct.  Then check all the other paths shown there as well.  These are the paths where a duplicate folder, filename, or duplicated aircraft.cfg "Title"may exist.

After all of these checks, if you still aren't having any luck ... then the reinstall consideration should come back in to play as per the method outlined above.  Or, again, contact Just Flight Support for further help.

acrook48 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acrook48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 3:57am
Well actually I did uninstall and reinstall Traffic X before these messages, sorry I didn't look at that part of your post. And it is multiple messages (over 1000, or however many AI aircraft exist with traffic x) that say this for each individual aircraft livery. But none of that matters because when I viewed the .cfg the path to the simobjects/traffic x was duplicated, and now everything works, thank you for the advice. I think all of my FSX problems are solved.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 6:11am
Originally posted by acrook48 acrook48 wrote:

.....But none of that matters because when I viewed the .cfg the path to the simobjects/traffic x was duplicated, and now everything works, thank you for the advice. I think all of my FSX problems are solved.

Ahh.  Excellent.  A simple solution fixed it.  I am glad I mentioned a few different things and one of them did turn out to be the eventual answer ... and a simple one at that.  That's great news.  Happy flying!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic