This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Constellation Professsional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the Connie forum dead?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjpart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the Connie forum dead?
    Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 4:35am
There haven't been any postings to this forum for quite a while. I don't think this is because all the issues with the JF Connstellation Professional have been resolved; rather that simmers have given up on it. The first Service Pack did fix some of the problems and the aircraft is useable, but there are still issues discussed in this forum which are still waiting on fixes and updates. Is anyone else still looking at the Connie with a view to improving it?
JardY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JardY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:41pm
Totally agree with you Rjpart :)
doc289456 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc289456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:09am
I'm in agreement too. Goes in the "bad purchasing decisions" box for me (or the "developers don't care" box)
JardY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JardY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 11:57pm
I have just seen a new pack "Pack C" released the 7th july !

http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsid=1625

Really, I don't understand why a new pack is released and the bugs are not corrected ???

Thumbs%20Down
JardY View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JardY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 1:58pm
Do someone have any news about an update for the Connie to correct all the bugs the simmers have reported ?Cry
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 2:04pm
Hi Jardy,

Sorry for the late reply, we can't guarantee that we'll read every forum post.

Pack C was created by another developer, rather than Aeroplane Heaven. Aeroplane Heaven are currently very busy working on the upcoming DC-3 and Comet. Unfortunately, as with all industries/businesses, we are ultimately affected by financial and time constraints and therefore new projects will sometimes have to take precedence over the creation of service packs. The list of outstanding issues with the Connie has been handed to Aeroplane Heaven. Once work has been completed on these upcoming products, they will resolve all remaining issues with the Connie. We will then issue the service pack.

If you are unhappy to await the service pack, we will happily exchange the product for you. Simply get in contact with our orders team: orders@justflight.com

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ftl818 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftl818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:33am
Martyn,

Like many Connie flyers I'm rather disappointed with this product, service packs or not. In fact after a few flights I switched to the freeware Connies. In my opinion a faulty product should be fixed in reasonable time, new products etc, are no excuse. A good panel of Beta testers would easily have identified must errors. Focus on a good product instead of slick promotion movies and pictures.

A2A has shown that professional FSX aircraft can be made with the B377, B17 and P47 with accusim, and more to come. The connie is not more professional than the default C172, just a nice outside is simply not enough.

Do I understand correctly that the pack C Connie is a totally different design, inside and out? Can I indeed exchange my Aeroplane Connie for this one?

Regards,

Paul

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 9:18am
Sorry for the late reply. As explained above, I'd always advise contacting us via the support section on the website to guarantee a prompt response.

Quote Do I understand correctly that the pack C Connie is a totally different design, inside and out?

Pack C contains new liveries for the existing Constellation. The liveries were created by another developer/artist.

Quote Can I indeed exchange my Aeroplane Connie for this one?

Bearing in mind what I've said above, you cannot exchange the Connie for Pack C. You can exchange your product for another in our range if you'd like to. Contact orders@justflight.com for further information regarding exchanges.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ftl818 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftl818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:04pm
Explained my disappointment with the Connie to custom support and the next morning the Spitfire Mk1 was ready for download as an exchange!

That's good work from JustFlight. I rather would like a proper patch for the Connie bringing her to Professional level but that will probably never happen.....

Also the spit has it's flaws but at least this was expected.

Happy flying,

Paul
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:13pm
Hi Paul,

If you haven't done so already I would recommend you download and install the latest service pack for the Spitfire from our support page. If your still having problems or noticing flaws be sure to let us know what they are and I can get on it  Thumbs%20Up

Thanks,

Sam

ftl818 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftl818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 1:20pm
Hi Sam,

Of course I haven't flown the spitfire for real but as a real world taildragger pilot (PPL) I'm always curious how aircraft in FSX behave.

Remarks with the spitfire (also the MkV and hurricane) as far:

Flightmodel:
Take her up high but below service ceiling; say 32.000 ft: boost is gone! Strange for a RR Merlin supercharged aircraft. Looks like supercharging is not implemented. Even without special code or gauges it is possible in FSX accelaration! (fixed it myself).
Tendency to swing on the runway seems to be too mild, too easy.
Wingdrop due to torque (nicely done in BOBII; wings of victory)is not present.
Good thing; finally engine-cutout with negative G is present with the patch!
In general it would be terrific to have an "accusim" like engine management package. Management errors then have severe consequences...

Textures:
Wing(root) fuselage junction looks weird in front view. Right engine cover is not quite right.
Exhaust stains (rainbow effects??) look strange, more like heat stains on bare metal. Stains are on the fuselage paint however under any special markings.
The overal weathering and staining is rather heavy. Is this right? The aircraft normally did not survive very long in battle. Especially the underside dirt and oil staining.... The bare metal wear looks like a short burst with the aluminium spray can (circular).

Sound:
It would be nice to have different sounds flying with the canopy open or closed (like in the A2A P47). From the cockpit with cruising power settings the engine sound (supercharging whine?)is almost gone, just exhaust sound, is this right?

Paintkit:
It would be easier to have a layered kit to tune staining, wear, etc.

But enjoying her very much!

Paul

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 6:37pm
There is a large Connie thread on flightsimulationforum which is a US site.
Pics posted today of freeware Connie with Turboprops.
johnep
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic