This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Awesome Historical Sim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome Historical Sim
    Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 2:03pm
Well done Just Flight for bringing our proud history to the foremost in our simming worldClap

Just flying the Spit, Hurri and Me 109 in a comparison mini test is one of the most awesome experiences I have recently had on FSX!!  The flight characteristics are carefully modelled (IMHO) and when flying them in comparison some very interesting observations come to light!

Short of a few millon pounds and a very big insurance bill, it would be impossible to ever fly these magnificent, VERY high performance aircraft in the "real world", even if you could find someone to build you a Me 109 E.   So here we have been given the chance to experience the "meat in the sandwich".  The only thing thats missing is the smell of engine oil, petrol, leather and sweat!

After all thats been written about the Battle of Britain now you can see what those chaps had to do. I mean, no Garmin! No VOR! No NDB! AND in the case of the ME 109E No Artificial Horizon!!Shocked

Just imagine fighting in a Me 109 and you dogfight your way into a large bank of Cumulus? I have to ask how these superb pilots kept spacial orientation?...........well thats just one question!  Here is history on a diskClap

Again all I can say is well done JF.......................Oh ek......................... my AH company is suffering now! (Wonder if I could get a few boxes into the Hurricane?Wink)

Regards.

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 8:46pm
Just a nice add on for this 70th anniversary:

Scenery is Just Flight VFR Real Scenery, except the ME109 which is GEX in the Alps...they never made it to BlightyBig%20smile

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic