This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A goodbye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A goodbye
    Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 7:21am
Well, just a goodbye from me. Today Iam going on holiday with the rest of the rable that is my family for a nice week in Paphos. Traveling with Monarch and I will have to better Tom Hall's flight deck shots so expect them on my return! Just because I shaln't be here for a week doesn't mean I woun't forget about this **dump.**. I know how much you all value my imputs into this forum (especially Slopey) so I thought instead of you all crying in the corner about my absence I will let you know I am having a week or rest and relaxation. So all I can say is: Enjoy the weather Blighty has to offer and I better see some more amazing screenshots from Soya. Goodbye for the week !

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 8:47am
Have a great time Ed! Looking forward to seeing your flight deck shots, I'm sure they will let you. 
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 10:40am
Don't forget your sun cream. Wink
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 10:43am
Ha, thought you were off for good then, not just a week away... Have a good one!
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

goodbye from me

And its goodbye from him! .

Have a great holiday Ed, and have a good time visiting the cockpit!
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 1:12pm
I'm tracking your flight. Expect some "turbulence" and a possibilty of crashing on a mysterious island with a cloud of smoke billowing away in the jungle
Rides a 1999 Kawasaki ZZR600
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 7:20pm
Have a good holiday Eddie, enjoy!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 2:26pm
The weather here is great! I'll laught if you have a storm hit where you are!

Looking at glorious clear skies and +27 degrees C with low humidity.

Who said the UK had bad weather?

Have a good one!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 3:42pm
Well, had one day here and it has been about 30 degrees C. Flight was good apart from the crampt leg room that Monarch provide. Had a one hour delay at Brum because of Cypriot ATC is terrible on Sundays. Was very bumpy as we passed over the Adriatic and Belguim. I did get in the flight deck but couldn't stay too long as because of the delay thier was only a 30 minuite turn around time but I will defo try for some shots next time. Ohh and a quick tip; don't try and go to the toilet when its bumpy!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:13pm
Nice!  Where abouts in Pafos are you staying?  I went there in 2008 and it was nice - the Seagull is a nice restaurant down in the town if you don't want to eat in the hotel every night.  Also whilst you're there worth a visit to Northern Cyprus (the Turkish side), there are coach trips to Nicosia and I think we went to Kyrenia as well (can't quite remember the name, but it was a pretty coastal town)!  Aphrodites rock and Tomb of the Kings in Kato Paphos are interesting places to visit too, though it was really really hot and there's not much shade there!
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 2:05pm
Where abouts in Pafos are you staying
Coral Bay. We rented out a HUGE VILLA!
Aphrodites rock and Tomb of the Kings in Kato Paphos are interesting places to visit too, though it was really really hot and there's not much shade there!
We are planning to visit thier but I will be diving a wreck that day (which is ment to be one of the top 10 in the world!)

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 10:25pm
got back today, sadley we had a break in at the Villa on Thursday and they took the only working camera. Nothing of mine was taken although they went through my dirty washing! 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 7:23am
That's a shame you got broken into, it happen to one of my friends when he was staying in a villa.  Did you get a look in the flight deck when you came home?
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 9:59am
Did you get a look in the flight deck when you came home?
Of course I did. Smile

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 10:17am
Unlucky about the break-in.  We had our hire car broken into in Alicante many years ago.  Thankfully they didn't find our passports which were in the glove compartment at the time!  Do you know how they got in?
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 10:38am
We think they got in through the front door but they had a key from somewhere. They weren't mucky about it and only took small items like phones and perfume so we didn't notice until we went to bed. 

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 11:20am

Odd - could even have been the agents/owners of the villa.  Can't trust anyone these days!

Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 11:42am
Odd - could even have been the agents/owners of the villa.  Can't trust anyone these days!
Or the cleaner! Its all theorys from now. The police recovered the safe about 3km from the Villa so atleast they have a lead to no by. The police brought Forensics, CID and the regional Cheif into ivestigaste so they are taking this seriously.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

The police recovered the safe about 3km from the Villa

. can't get into the safe so just nick the safe itself!!

Hopefully you get some/all of your stuff back.  Not nice when something like that happens when you're supposed to be having a relaxing time!
Kind regards,
Tom
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 4:34pm
Sorry to hear about your break in - I was burgled in Fuertaventura earlier in the year, they got a laptop/phones/wallets etc - wife disturbed the guy in the flat while we were all sleeping! Spooky!

The police in that part of the world are useless, and the thieves will flog it off and move on - you won't get it back unfortunately.

But that's what insurance is for!

Mini-safes are useless, they just rip them off the wall and take them away to crowbar them open.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic