This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wildcat/Martlet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wildcat/Martlet
    Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 4:42pm

This simulation is actually about four different aircraft - the Grumman F4F-3 and F4F-4 Wildcats and also the Martlets, the British name given to the F4F-3 and F4F-4-based aircraft which were supplied to Britain from the earliest days of WWII.

All four aircraft are represented in this simulation and although essentially similar, each displays a set of unique characteristics.

These simulations are extremely accurate representations, with models, textures and virtual cockpit functions all carefully researched and replicated and flight models specially programmed using factory specifications and actual flight test reports. 

The aircraft are fully compatible with FSX Acceleration and can be catapulted and trapped on the included carriers.

This package includes ten aircraft: F4F-3 (3), F4F-4 (3), Martlet I (2) & Martlet IV (2)

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
hurricanemk1c View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 4:44pm
I don't know what to save up for - this or the Battle Of Britain trio!

Look nice and detailed

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 7:03pm
Very nice! Looking forward to the release .
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 5:34pm
Order the Battle of Britain trio, get 1000 points and spend them on the Grumman.
£10 off!!!

A lovely aircraft.

My father worked on these types in WW2. He was on our support carriers, Unicorn and Illustrious. Whilst working on the engine of a Martlett, a landing Swordfish missed the wires and hit the Martlett he was stood on.  He fell to the gun deck of Unicorn (-30 feet) and chipped a bone in his back..........And I will definately be flying one of these beauties.

PS I believe it was a Martlet that was credited with the first sootdown of a German aircraft over Scotland!Smile

Congrats JF the cockpits look awesome.Thumbs%20Up  BRIO
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 8:32pm
TongueEDIT SHOOTDOWN! Curse these limited forums!

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

SlimNasty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimNasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 9:00am
Not that limited, if you go to Post Options, you could have edited your post and we would have been none the wiser
SlimNasty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic