This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320 Jetliner New pictures!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:01pm
Looks nice - will it have custom gauges or default?

Either way, will buy this!

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 5:22pm
By the pictures, it looks like the default gauges, but still good nevertheless.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 11:36am
Some more shots that I grabbed during a test flight:

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 1:44pm
Nice shots, can you use the dahed dot function for the A/P?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 1:50pm
Hi Tom,

We haven't used the managed mode style of autopilot for this aircraft, just a straight forward system as found on the default aircraft.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 2:05pm
Ok, thanks Martyn. 
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 11:55am
Just got the email from JF about placing a pre-order and getting the A320 half price at only £7.49 but isn't the normal price of £14.99 a bit too expensive for this aircraft?
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Just got the email from JF about placing a pre-order and getting the A320 half price at only £7.49 but isn't the normal price of £14.99 a bit too expensive for this aircraft?

No - normal price of an F-Lite airliner is probably £20-£25. We are offering a very decent pre-order discount, which is quite common in mainstream games on sites such as Steam. Will it prove popular with flight simmers? Time will tell, but a complete airliner for less than eight quid is a pretty good deal.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:28pm

Isn't it basically the default cockpit though?  Most F-lite add-ons have custom guages and cockpit models.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 12:51pm
Quote Isn't it basically the default cockpit though?

Quote and cockpit models

No. The A320 Jetliner has a custom virtual cockpit model.

The only things that are default are the 2D cockpit panels and flight displays (which do contain minor modifications). You are getting:

• New virtual cockpit
  • New exterior model
  • New sounds
  • New flight model
  • New liveries
  • New MCDU
So very little resemblance to the default aircraft. Please do not think of this as a modified default aircraft, its really not.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 1:01pm
No, not a default cockpit. New VC designed from scratch by our men from across the Channel and the North Sea. It uses default gauges, but the cockpit is new, with custom MCDU and lots of other features. Check out the specs, watch the video and decide. £20 is good value for a complete airliner.

We always try and keep our prices keen and although we sell some of our products in a modular fashion you won't rack up a £100 bill buying all the bits of one our professional airliners. Same goes for the other end of the spectrum where you can get the three Battle of Britain 70th aircraft (which would not have been expensive at £25 each) for £40.
psolov View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psolov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 2:52pm
Can you confirm that the 2d cockpit panel you mention is the normal complete 2d panel; not just select guages (such as CS 727 which only has certain 2d guages)? I typically fly using the 2d cokpit and not the VC, so this is a fairly important factor for me.

Thanks!
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:08pm
Hi Pete,

The aircraft includes a complete 2D panel with additional 'pop-up panels'. A screenshot showing the 2D panel can be found here: http://www.justflight.com/img/screenshots/20100715112002DDFGL-L.jpg

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
psolov View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psolov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:21pm
Thanks Martyn! I will certainly be getting this one.
chrissy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 7:04pm
Hello!
I have bought the A320 today already because the screenshots and video tell me about a fantastic model. I have a homecockpit and have been using the PSS A320 so far (even in FSX because I only need the flight model).
Now my questions:
1.: Can you promise accurate flight dynamics (climb and descent rate) and realistic fuel consumption?
2.: Which liveries will be included in the additional livery pack?

Many thanks in advance for your reply,

Christoph
raymar99 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raymar99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 4:54am

Martyn,

Can you tell us about the documentation for the A320.  I assume it is a pdf file.  How many pages?  More than an Operations Manual?  FMC manual?  etc. 

Thanks.
RayM
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 7:18am
While we are busy loading Martyn with so many questions, I have one: How about a tutorial video of one of your test flights with written PDF to check with? Would have loved a Gatwick-Palma one for the 747.
Also, what prog required to capture multiple screen shots?
We like to keep you busy!
regards,
johnep
Speedbird-001 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:57pm
You really can't go wrong for £7.99!!!! Thumbs%20Up Definately pre ordering. Big%20smile
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:03pm
Hi,

Martyn is off on holiday at the moment so you are stuck with me to answer your questions I'm afraid.

The manual has approx 70. Might go up or down a little before release after it's properly laid out by the graphic design guys. It will be PDF format for the download, printed for the boxed version.

I think Martyn is using FRAPS for the screenshots. I'd also suggest Martin Wrights screen grabbing tool for multiple pics as you can set it to take a pic every second etc.

I'll leave Martyn to comment on a video as I know he is going to be very busy when he gets back Wink
Speedbird-001 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:57pm
Just bought the preorder! Big%20smile

Can't wait to get it. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic