This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordon Brown Stepping Down as Labour Leader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:51pm
+ Should we throw a party?
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Marmite Marmite wrote:

+ Should we throw a party?
The party has already been thrown, The labour party has been thrown out of powerBig%20smile 
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:22pm
Time for some positive thinking. Brown and his cronies are out at last, Dave is safely in #10 and sanity has been restored.
scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 3:57am
The outgoing prime minister has left the building, hmmmm i wouldnt like to meet the shy one....

If honestly i dont know what to think and to be honest the plans they have come up with could affect where i live in the future somewhat.
.......... блять
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Aircraft Aviation Aircraft Aviation wrote:

David Cameron is PM, abandon all hope and start trembling.

His acceptance speech, laced with lies and dirty promises, is a mere preview of what will show to be a disastrous next few years for the UK.

Well said. How anyone can be fooled by the guy baffles me. Throughout the campaign he refused to tell us how he would fund anything, repeatedly misrepresented Lib Dem and labour policies and generally behaved like the con man, used car salesman he is.

As for Brown, well I'm no fan of Labour, and not a pal of Brown's, but it does make me smile how everyone has now jumped on the bandwagon, the Brown bashing band wagon, blaming him for everything including the cats fleas.

As chancellor in Bliar's government he did a pretty good job, and yes, there is criticism of his reign as PM, but the way you guys talk, is as if he's the personification of evil.

He wasn't perfect, yes there were mistakes, but successes too. There is a world recession, and many other nations praised  aspects of how he handled our affairs during the recession.

Seems to me, that once a critical density of detractors is reached, then all the other lemmings join in. Nothing short of a primitive tribal lynching. Psychologists must find the phenomenon fascinating.

Good luck under Cameron's Conservative reign chaps... if you happen to be rich that is. If on the other hand you're not, hope for another elction soon, after a failed coalition.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:21am
Originally posted by mutley mutley wrote:

Time for some positive thinking. Brown and his cronies are out at last, Dave is safely in #10 and sanity has been restored.

''Positve thinking'', you'll be lucky.

''Sanity has been restored'', he hasn't done anything yet, judge his sanity as he maintains his alliance with that extreme right, climate change denying, racist, group in Europe he forged an alliance with. How's that for sanity? Wink

Notice how only days ago, during the campaign, how he vehemently opposed electoral reform, and now in his speech on TV he tells us enthusiastically how he will push for electoral reform, in a tone that implies it was always dear to his heart. Big%20smile

I wouldn't buy a used car off the guy. Wink

FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 10:22am

Hmm cameron getting in only means electoral reform won't happen.

To me he is as slimy as hell and only if Brown had been like he has been over the last few days he might have won. He felt more honest.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 2:32pm
Quote Mr Clegg said he hoped his time in power would be "the start of the new kind of politics I have always believed in, diverse, plural, where politicians of different persuasions come together to overcome their differences in order to deliver good government for the good of the country."

Dream on. Not if you exist on the same planet we do.
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 4:46pm
This will be a full coalition, with Liberal Democrats sitting around the cabinet table. Not the half-hearted deal from the conservatives.

Can you explain Martin how the coalition between the Con and Lib Dems is not a full one? What did you think the main difference would have been if Labour had got in with the Lib dems instead of the tories?
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by mutley mutley wrote:

Sorry Mut, have to disagree with you there. I never have trusted Cameron or any of his cronies.

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 5:49pm
They're all bad. Clegg sold out by not pushing for PR. Instead we're going to get AV which will only hurt small parties. Labour and Conservative will actually benefit even more.

A vote for the Monster Raving Looney Party or the Greens will end up meaning a vote for Conservative or Labour.

Tell me how this is changing the old politics? Sounds like it is boosting it to me.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

This will be a full coalition, with Liberal Democrats sitting around the cabinet table. Not the half-hearted deal from the conservatives.

Can you explain Martin how the coalition between the Con and Lib Dems is not a full one? What did you think the main difference would have been if Labour had got in with the Lib dems instead of the tories?

It is a full coalition... now!

I said that before the Conservatives offered a full coalition. Initially, it was nothing like a full coalition.

The Conservatives only offered a full coalition, with Lib Dem seats around the cabinet table after the labour party offered a full coalition. They matched Labours offer.

Keep up lad. Wink
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 8:51pm
By the look on Gordon Brown's face last night, I think it was one of utter relief. 

At least we now have some very talented and capable people in the cabinet now, to clear up the Brown mess.

I hope for our British nation, David and Nick get it right. If they don't, my vote will go elsewhere in the next general election, no second chance from meStern%20Smile
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by CaptCosslett CaptCosslett wrote:

By the look on Gordon Brown's face last night, I think it was one of utter relief. 

At least we now have some very talented and capable people in the cabinet now, to clear up the Brown mess.
I dislike the way that whenever a political mistake take places, Brown is ALWAYS blamed.

I'm happy now the Cameron is PM, whenever a mistake is made it will be HIS fault, and as he looks around for someone to take the blame nobody will appear. Then we'll see who's the laughing stock of the political party.

I'm almost completely sure that Cameron's governing will consist of giving all his college-friends comfortable jobs, of course coupled with a hefty cash payout.

David Cameron - Working for the minority and not the majority

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 10:38pm
Brown is ALWAYS blamed.

I did not mention GordonWink

I'm almost completely sure that Cameron's governing will consist of giving all his college-friends comfortable jobs, of course coupled with a hefty cash payout.

The cabinet has already been decided.

David Cameron - Working for the minority and not the majority

No, 23% + 36% = 59%. I think we have the best possible goverment, better than we have had in the last 13 years, better than the Conservative goverment before that. No loony commie lefty's and no bitter right wingers.Thumbs%20Up

Lets all for once, have some hope for the future.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:42am

Did you mean the liberal democrats? Big%20smile

Surely not Cameron, and the politician the press once dubbed... ''the fetus''?

When has Cameron ever demonstrated ''talent''.

to clear up the Brown mess

Not the economic recession mess then?
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Aircraft Aviation Aircraft Aviation wrote:

I dislike the way that whenever a political mistake take places, Brown is ALWAYS blamed.

Yep, sure is, I agree with you, in fact I said the same, 12 posts up.

The critical density of detractors has been reached, and now all the lemmings are following the bandwagon.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:46am

Brown is ALWAYS blamed.

Yes you did... Wink

''At least we now have some very talented and capable people in the cabinet now, to clear up the Brown mess.''

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:49am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Brown is ALWAYS blamed.

Yes you did... Wink

I was having a play on words, Brown mess(S**T)
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 8:50am
Lemming.

Did you like the picture?

P.S. You weren't ''having'' a play on words, it ''was'' a play on words. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic