This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5" "PSOne" Colour Monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5" "PSOne" Colour Monitor
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:05pm
Anyone know where to get one of these? I'm looking for one which accepts an RCA input from a Video Recorder. I've check Ebay and sadly no results, had a go on Amazon and there were a few interesting items but non that were worth it.

AAWink

Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:03pm
fleaBay would be your best bet, I doubt they stock/make new ones anymore. Here's one
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:04pm

I did look at that Ebay one but unfortunately it's far from what I'm looking for.

Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:40pm
Just out of interest why do you want a 5" screen to connect to a VCR? If the budget isn't too low and you aren't after an exact 5" screen you may want to look into TFTs for car entertainment systems.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:46pm
Think he's looking for one for his CDU project. But, as Marmite says, there are alternatives available now. The recommendation for a PS1 screen comes from the days when that was about the only way to get a small colour TFT panel.

On a side note, if you're looking at RCA connected panels again then aren't you back into the territory of why you sent the ready made CDU back, i.e. the 'issue' of getting a composite output from your graphics card? Which is why I thought you were going with the VRinsight CDU because it was a native VGA/DVI panel...?

...or is this for a different display altogether?
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 5:29pm
Nope nothing to do with the CDU, I already managed to establish that I can't connect an RCA input to my PC. Besides - I've already built my own CDU now. Just waiting for the Interface Card to be ordered.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic