This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Hauler Request Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Hauler Request Page
    Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:21am

I have been looking for one of these and haven't found one so this is either; A: A heads up so someone can direct me in the right direction, or B: Possibly the start of a new one.  I love this product I really do and I fully understand it was developed with the developer in mind, what I mean by that is more so of what he wants.  I have no desire to make this a huge thread saying what is wrong with the aircraft, more of a quick go to for the developers if they want it. Someones idea on here might be something someone had never thought of but would be a good idea. I have read some of the other threads that talk about more complex management systems and such and I would like it if there wasnt stuff posted on here that they already said no to.  With that being said here are a few of my ideas.

1:  The larger aircraft that require two pilots, well make them require two pilots. Adds a slightly more realistic approach and I wouldn't think would be too hard to implement.  Say medium aircraft and above require it or above a certain gross weight and such.

2: More helicopter support (I know this has been brought up cause I have brought it up but I figured I would add it here).

3: The ability to manage job types by aircraft type, mainly distances.  For example I have a company that is mainly a helicopter company but I just have acquired a 757.  With this it means that I have lost the majority of my smaller distance jobs I use to make the helicopters economical (and fun for me to fly).  Now if I move the slider back to the smaller amount, I lose the longer range jobs for my 757 which I enjoy.  Some sort of system to "have the best of both words" would be nice.

4: Here is one that I cant figure out how to do if you can. And if you can I cannot find out how.  I would like to be able to "transfer" aircraft from one base to another. My 757 for example I have out of an airfield that is too small and because it was the first time I dealt with it, it wont allow me to let my AI pilots fly it so I would like to move it to one of my other bases that can accommodate it.  Would love to be able to figure this out.

5: The ability to have AI pilots fly in the "jump-seat" of your aircraft to another base.

6: A combined finance expense page that shows everything on one page.  Not necessary but would nice to know exactly how much everything is going to cost at the end of the month.  Like I said not necessary but would be nice. 

7: A different type of pay scale for the aircraft.  Not to compare (even though I slightly am), I love how FSPassengers works its purchasing of aircraft.  Especially when purchasing older aircraft.  For example the Airbus A300.  Its not in production anymore so why should I purchase it for new price?  I am not sure how the price scale works in the game, but its definitely an interesting idea. I know it would be a lot of work researching this and such, but its just a thought.

8: Special cargo missions could be fun.  Something that could provide challenge of some sort like "the government is asking you to transport this thing from A to B. you must do it in these conditions etc etc." It would be one of those things that pops up every once in a while.  Could be huge cash rewards or extra rep or something.

9: Cargo contracts.  Something like you get paid a set amount to deliver such and such products from point a to point b over a set time.  could be a nice paycheck over time or not so.  Something like guaranteed work but you have a tighter operating environment around them.

10: Aircraft leasing or buying deals.  Something like if you purchase more than one at a time you get a discount or that the airline company has a surplus so they are offering a deal on an aircraft or two.  I know they have the used aircraft portion but something like this could help promote buying more aircraft.

11: Possible tariffs or Customs taxes and such on international flights. Just thought of this and could make you re-think that international flight.

Well thanks for listening to what I have to say.  I hope no one takes this as a rant, because its not. I love this program I really do.  How it all works is amazing and I wont stop using this thing for a while. But I had some ideas so I thought I would share it. Thanks again.

Nick

andrew27 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:45am
Re 4
Fleet page, select aircraft, click "Fly Aircraft to Airport (Self)" (bottom-right corner)

Re 7
This would mean positively identifying FS aircraft as a particular specific type, in addition to having production data (what about usage data, A300 is still flying). Would that logic deny flying historic planes, I'm sure you can't buy a say Catalina or Ju-52 nowadays.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:35am
All of these have already been discussed ad-inifinitum in other topics (specifically, the feature request topic). I won't go over old ground again except for:

3 - if you put the helicopter at a base out of range of the 757 you'll get separate jobs for both. It's not really feasible to have a 747 and an R22 in one company at the same base and expect to have jobs which will suit both, although AH will try.

4 - as Andrew says above, fly it out yourself, there are no restrictions on you flying the 757 out of too small a strip, provided you're doing it.

6 - there is a total monthly overhead figure shown on the Finance page exactly for this purpose

7 - Personally, I hate FsP, and the values are appropriate to AH and the gameplay within, not FsP. The prices are a pretty good match to the real world, and although there will be differences, it's simply not possible to maintain a list of every single add-on aircraft ever produced which you'd need to do to know it if was in or out of production. Changing prices would change the progression through AH (i.e. if they're cheaper, you'd progress faster) - we spent 6 months fiddling with those, and they're like that on purpose.

You have the option to purchase aircraft 2nd hand from the marketplace - so you can use that instead if you don't want a new one.

10 - if you have several examples of the same type in your fleet, you get a break on maintenance. See the manual for details.

11 - Customs taxes are irrelevant, because the freight company doesn't pay those, the end customer/shipper does. Also, the requirement to clear customs is pretty much irrelevant for all larger operations, so it would only apply for light aircraft ops (as any airport which can handle a larger aircraft will have customs anyway). Even then, when I've flown out of the UK you can usually get customs anywhere by arrangement. And customs aren't necessary in certain areas, i.e. Europe and the Schengen agreement.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
kvk1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:39pm
Any comments on 1 & 5 Slopey? Especially 5.

I usually do at least one or two transatlantic flights on the weekends. I'd love to have the option the bring a pilot along to have the AI make the flight back. The travel option in this particular scenario takes too long and frankly makes no sense.
19dcavscout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:11pm

Thank you for the response.  So there is a feature request topic, I must be blind because I had issues searching for one.  I have read the manual and I guess I missed some stuff.  I clearly need to mess around with the program a bit more, which is not a problem.  I didnt know that they didnt pay any sort of customs taxes and such, thats what I get when I assume.  Well thank you for answering what I am sure is yet another tedious set of questions.  I really hope I didnt offend or bug you in any way for that was not my intention. Keep up the great work.

Nick

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:24pm

Quote I usually do at least one or two transatlantic flights on the weekends. I'd love to have the option the bring a pilot along to have the AI make the flight back. The travel option in this particular scenario takes too long and frankly makes no sense.

Not sure why it, "...makes no sense."  It works well and can do pretty much what you're asking.

You can position an AI pilot prior to, during or after your long flight to ferry the plane back for you...

Pilots screen -> Position Pilot to Airport button

It costs both time and money to move him by "commercial travel", but with a little foresight his travel can be in parallel with yours and the fee is so small as to be insignificant.  It's an option that's already available.  As for moving the owner/pilot, just choose a job or a positioning flight that originates from somewhere else and you'll be transported there instantly for a similar commercial travel fee - no time delay is involved for the owner/pilot.

John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by kvk1 kvk1 wrote:

Any comments on 1 & 5 Slopey? Especially 5.

1 & 5 have already been discussed ad infinitum. Not in AH1. See the now stickied Suggestion Box thread for the discussion.
AirHauler Developer
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by 19dcavscout 19dcavscout wrote:

I really hope I didnt offend or bug you in any way for that was not my intention.

Not at all, comments/suggestions/ideas always welcome .

The Suggestion Box thread dropped off the front page - for some reason I didn't sticky it - it's back now. Most of those points are discussed in there, but feel free to come back with follow-ups/more queries.

I didn't want to have to go through it all again, but I'm happy to add further to the suggestion box threads if there's more to be discussed on it.
AirHauler Developer
19dcavscout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19dcavscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:09pm
Thank you very much again for your quick response and support.
NotYet View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:18pm
Sorry, again I see AH1/AH2. Will AH2 be a larger one, with much more micromanagement? That is what some people want, after all, whereas others just want a simple game to enjoy. Or am I barking up the wrong tail-fin?

Also, I agree with most of these, jsut make sure that these ideas are really simple,a nd will on;y take Slopey a coupl eof minutes to implement; otherwise he'll say no, the poor guy! You need another break, methinks...

Hey, who'll chip in?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic