This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about wing-flex!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about wing-flex!
    Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 6:08pm
Hi guys.
Yesterday I received in the mail the A340 flite package and am pretty delighted with the product! The models and liveries are amazing and I'm having a great time with it so far.

I just have one small question regarding wing-flex.
During cruise the A340 seems to lose its' wing flex. The wing droop as they would be on the ground.  Granted, this is perhaps a small trivial matter, but when viewing the plane in spot view it does look quite ridiculous.
Is this perhaps an install problem? I could try re-installing, but perhaps someone here knows what causes this.
I also have the A300/310 flite package and have never experienced wing droop during cruise with that package.
All the best!

A310fan
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 8:40pm
Are you using the product in FS2004 or FSX, perhaps then I can see what the problem is. I have a hunch what is could be if it was FSX... Approve
Luke Roach
A310fan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008 at 10:56am
Thanks for the reply Roachy.
I'm currently using FS9. Haven't quite been able to afford the upgrades essential for FSX yet.
Mick.

I just realise also within the last few days that the Flite DC-10 package has the same issue regarding wing-flex. It only happens during cruise for some reason.  Confused
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:25pm
Wing Flex is normal. The wing is not built to stay solidley still the idea is it  creates more lift
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:38pm
A310fan, I've recently been using my CLS A340 and DC-10 in FS2004 and have been able to replicate your problem. I believe it could be related to the fact that maybe wing-flex (in an attempt to relate to the amount of air hitting the wing) is proportional to the indicated airspeed rather than the true airspeed, thus at cruise level where the indicated airspeed is lower and there is no climb (climbing forces additional air on the wing) the wings would flex less.
Though this is the case in reality too, it does appear that the CLS products are merely improperly programmed. I strongly doubt there is a fix to this though Cry
Luke Roach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic